Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [IC] The Birth of Equestria  (Read 7067 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[IC] The Birth of Equestria
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:49:09 am »

One week. Six days. 168 hours. That doesn't seem like that long a time for most, but for our intrepid pioneers, it was eons. Adventure, death, betrayal, Daemons, scorn, mystery. All contained within a span of one week. In that time, our pioneers made new friends, and new enemies. They parlayed and fought. They bargained and discovered. But the adventure is just beginning.

Even now, the ring convenes, discussing possibilities and electing prospective adventurers to fill in the gaps. The Royal Court grew tired of the ring's squabbling, and needed placation. The Arcani had been missing for several weeks. Even the Illustrious Eighth had low morale. The ring needed a victory. If not for their own sake, for Equestria's. If not for Equestria, for the very foundation of the Pioneer. Out of thirty-six prospectives, six were chosen. Six beings who each brought their own special talent to the table. There was a semblance of hope, of unspoken but implied expectation that  some of these six initiates would push the boundaries of Equestria's understanding of the outside world further, and to bolster the morale of Pioneers everywhere. No pressure.

EQUESTRIA, CLAN HALL WAITING ROOM

A familiar sight, no? Aurora, Sam, Basayen; Sasha, a griffon; Autumn Switch, a Swift Dog; and Mead Mix, the Equestrian, all sit in the anteroom that precedes the clan ring chamber. Each was told to 'wait for the scribe to call them'. One could only guess what was going on behind those doors. More arguing, perhaps? That seemed to be the trend as of late. With the trial of Tipped Scales coming up, and the recent conflict between Endless Hurricane and Regal Silver, the ring looked quite the mess. Confidence in their ability to lead the city was waning, and the once concrete confidence in the Pioneers was cracking and chipping away. Could any of these initiates really make a difference?

Each was already told of the details of their initiation. Half of these prospectives would become pioneers, and be placed in the newest Band, the Far Walkers. Teleported miles and miles away, deep into the Farlands, they would embark on a quest of discovery. It was a great honour to become a Pioneer, but perhaps some of the significance is lost on these foreigners? Only one of them was Equestrian. The rest came from other tribes, cities, even entirely different continents.

This was the first time they've all been in one place, and not a word has been spoken. The mood was tense. Each of these beings was competing for a prized position and a once in a lifetime opportunity. Who would be the first to speak up?

NUMBRA, LORD XAVUS' MANOR
The Pioneers made their purchases, Borak buying a scroll of barrier and a scroll of forced blink for 80 pelee and Flame Flipper buying a scroll of fire rain for 50 pelee, and returned to the manor. As they entered, a servant informed them that dinner would be served soon. Edjane nods, and turns to the group. "Alright, you're dismissed for now, Mouri. The rest of you, follow me." Mouri nods and takes his leave wordlessly. Edjane leads the group to the dining room door, but before she enters, she turns to face the Pioneers. "What you say and do here at this dinner will determine if my husband will allow you to pass through his lands. You will meet my fellow wives, the Body, Helen the Black; the Mind, Melesa; and the Heart, Lady Esse. Of course, Marrin will be here too. Do you have any questions before we enter?"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:16:53 pm by Silcugar »
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Birth of Equestria
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:18:16 am »

Sam stands in a corner looking out the window bouncing lightly on his feet like an over excited 12 year old.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:31:55 am »

removed

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 12:44:33 am »

He was happy with his purchase, although feeling a bit unintelligent for not realizing the alchemist they had visited earlier had probably sold healing salves. Really he didn't feel to bad about it as alchemy and magic had never really been his strong points, but berating himself kept his mind off of the impending meeting with Lord Xavus and his delightful son Marrin. Everyone knows however, the more you try not to think of something, the more it is placed onto the forefront of your mind.

As he stood there before Edjane and the entrance to the feast, he couldn't help but stamp his hoof nervously. If he could think of a question, then it would delay the inevitable for a few moments longer. His thoughts racing he could only think of one suitable question. “Are there any traditions or forms of etiquette we are expected to know? For instance are we suppose to give a toast for our host or be considered rude? Anything of that nature?” He asked as his eyes focused on the door.

Why had he allowed the child to damage his pride like that? He was Borak of the Lance protector of the Littleleaves, he was not suppose to be groveling for the well being of other ponies! Perhaps it would have been better if he had left Adjus and Luciona to their fates. Wounds of the body healed after all, but wounds of the spirit...

He felt his teeth clenching as a feeling of self disgust washed over him. No, it was the right thing to do. He couldn't just stand by and witness such an atrocity occur! Even if they were foreign ponies they were still soldiers just like him. Beaten and abused by those who dictated what was power. They had served with all their might hadn't they? Why were they still abused! Adjus had taken two arrows for the brat! Why would he still treat them so poorly!? Hadn't they proven that they were just as powerful as these so called leaders? Could Marrin say he had the courage to sacrifice himself, for his own blood even? No, that brat would run scared at the first sight of any real danger, while he, Borak, would willingly sacrifice his own pride to save two fellow soldiers.

For all of his self congratulations however, his foot still stamped at the ground nervously, eyes glued to the door as if expecting the thoughts tormenting him to burst through the door and engage him in a one on one battle.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:53 am »

Aurora

Aurora, Sam, Basayen; Sasha, a griffon; Autumn Switch, a Swift Dog; and Mead Mix, the Equestrian, all sit in the anteroom that precedes the clan ring chamber. Each was told to 'wait for the scribe to call them'. One could only guess what was going on behind those doors. More arguing, perhaps?

Aurora silently considers her sitution. She is the daughter of a landed noble from a country of unicorn supremecists...in a waiting room with a minotaur, a zebra, a gryphon and a diamond dog. Two confirmed carnivores, one suspected carnivore, and some kind of sub species of mud pony.

Aurora keeps her back to a wall and discretely levitates a few coins from her bag and conceals them in her mane, in case she needs to defend herself.

Trying to remain optimistic, she clears her throat and tries to make conversation.

"So, umm...do ponies taste good?"

Oops. That kind of just slipped out.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:31 am »

There's a loud crash as Sam trips over taking a small table with him and splutters from the floor.

" You... you... eat ponies?"
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »

Basayen had been fussing about his robe, pulling it this way and that, only to have it slide back out of place when he tried to sit down. Tying one's markah in the proper triple knot was difficult when nervous. He had finally gotten it to stay in place, tucking an edge into his collar, when the unicorn spoke. He turned to look at her, mildly bewildered at the question, and the bit of fabric tucked in begin to slip out. He frantically shoved it back in as the earth pony spoke. Then he, in turn, spoke. "I do not believe that such a practice could be summarised from her speech, fiend. It is more likely that she was asking out of a hopefully disguided idea that those of us in the room whom have carnivorous diets are of the mind to eat your kind. As I have found this city-state's culture to be one that does not practice nor aside by murder, cannibalism, or other such low barbarities, I do not think any of us in the chamber would know what ponies flavor like, madam. I have significant doubts as to whether we would be allowed into this room or considered as a piece of this, what is it called, dand? For this dand, if we practiced the consumption of a sentient being's fresh." Of course, he had an atrocious accent, even if he was well-spoken. Not so bad that he was unintelligible, and it had a rhythm to it, but it would be clear, even with his outlandish, and, if we were being entirely honest, practically unseen color pattern, that he was not truly familiar with this language yet. And of course, he knew he was screwing up words. Not on purpose, but this was a ridiculous language which only made sense when you looked at the words it stole from other languages. Which, granted, was a great deal of them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

uod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 10:49:45 pm »

This next hour might be one of his most important hour of his life, the lord might not like something he, Laywing or Borak (especially Borak) says and may kill them. If they manage to please him, they will have a chance to get the information that is the reason of this trip. Different cultures may create problems as Borak also pointed out. But Flame, for some reason, feels pretty calm. They are going to talk after all. He isn't good at it but unlike a fight, nothing should go wrong if they explained their ideas properly. Still, he shouldn't be this calm, maybe buying something gave him confidence. Maybe seeing a city after a while made him happy. For some reason, he has this feeling that everything will go right.

"I don't have any additional questions."

Laywing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »

Laywing remained silent, browsing the room if anyone had any questions for Edjane. It wasn't until the group arrived at the door is when Laywing felt stage fright.  She didn't know what to expect at the dinner table. Would things go terribly wrong as to being kicked out? or killed? Maybe things would go smoothly and the brat would come to reason?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:41 am »

EQUESTRIA, CLAN HALL WAITING ROOM
"Don't be so hasty there, stripes. I've had pony before. Not that I had much of a choice in the matter. It was either the pony or me. Still, the taste was okay, if a bit bland," Sasha responds, checking her gauntlet for scratches.

"I'd rather not talk about this, if that's okay with the rest of you. How about this: Would each of you kindly give your names and talents? After all, I'll be joining two of you on an adventure, so we should get to know each other a little bit." The unicorn mare says calmly, with an air of confidence. "I'm Autumn Switch, and I can control the weather, to a degree. I also have talent as a falconer. Scouting and control are my specialties."

"Isn't that special? Well, I'm Sasha, and I know how to survive in the wilds. I'm also pretty good at killing folks, and protecting others, if it suits me."

"Hi! I'm Mead Mix, but most ponies call me Mel. I am pretty good at bargaining and negotiating, and getting ponies to laugh! Alchemy's also my strong suit."

NUMBRA, LORD XAVUS' MANOR
"Do not concern yourself with niceties. My lord understands that you are farlanders, and doesn't expect you to know much of our ways. I will say, though, that you shouldn't address Lady Esse unless she asks you a question. And don't encourage Helen to go on with one of her stories. Just be respectful, and answer my Lord's questions truthfully."
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 01:08:56 am »

I'm Sam. I kill stuff, break things and look scary.
I also like hugs and butterflies and birds and know how to live with them in the woods.

Sam then picks up a table and slams it into the ground so hard it breaks.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:56:36 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

((Did that seriously just happen? I mean...dude. You just god-moded. Don't do that.))

Basayen was mildly amused at their openness. Such a curious amount of trust. But he let everyone speak before he responded in turn, starting with an observance. "Very confident, aren't you, Autumn? Well, I am Basayen. I am a scholar and an anthropologist, as well as a ravid explorer. I bring knowledge to this group." Basayen smiled inwardly, though no sign showed on the outside of his face, at the irony inherent in that last statement.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »

Aurora

How about this: Would each of you kindly give your names and talents? After all, I'll be joining
two of you on an adventure, so we should get to know each other a little bit."

Aurora listens to the others, cheerful at first but becoming visibly less confidant as each explains what they contribute, even jumping in fright when Sam smashes the table. Finally, when it's her turn, she speaks.

"Err, well...I'm Aurora Dawn. It's nice to meet everypony. Oh! I mean, ummm...no offense to the...well, rest of you. Nice to meet everyone."

She clears her throat.

"I'm not an adventurer or a survivalist or anything." She glances nervously at the griffon. "And I've never killed anypony. Err, anyone. But I do like theatre! And wine. I have an aunt back home who runs a vinyard. Cabernets are my favorite, but she mostly makes merlots, which are ok too and they're way better than white wines, even white zinfandel which...did you know is actually made from red grapes? It's called white, but it's not a white wine at all, it's actually a blush wine. Ordinarily zinfandel grapes, which are red, would be used to make... "

Aurora glances around at the looks the others are giving her.

"So, umm...yeah. I guess that's not what you wanted to know." She pauses a moment. Then, her horn lights up in a white glow of magic as she levitates three coins from her mane and causes them to rotate in a flat plane around her body. Then in a flash she disappears and reappears in the middle of the room with the coins still rotating around her.

"May I have a volunteer? Also, does anyone have any apples on them?"

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 01:10:58 pm »

Borak tried to think of another question. He had hoped that his companions would bring up their own questions giving him more time to think of another, but it was not so. Unable to think of another question he resigned to his fate. “Alright, I don't think I have to explain why we are here, but just in case. We wish to establish peaceful relations and to learn about their culture, got it?” He asked as he turned to look at the rest of his group before nodding towards Edjane. They were as ready as they were ever going to be.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »

Basayen shrugs. "I suppose I can volunteer."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5