Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reviving my game review/game blog site  (Read 784 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Reviving my game review/game blog site
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:44:47 pm »

Yes I know I'm posting here 'cause I want more views <_<  >_> but on the other hand I'm curious what you guys think of what I've done so far.

http://gamersrant.wordpress.com/

edit: maybe I should say some more @_@  I'm partially doing reviews but also doing blog sort of posts about other game related subjects that come to mind or surprise me.  The parallel between the endings of ME3 and Deus Ex 1 and my thought process that led to choosing more or less the same ending was the focus of the latest post.  I guess it's a little on the fringe of what people want to talk about when it comes to the ME3 endings though.  I could have written a rant about the endings, but I figured all was said and done by now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:57:57 pm by Euld »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving my game review/game blog site
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

50+ views but no posts?  Come on guys, say something :P  Good?  Bad?  Interesting?  Checked the forum post but didn't follow the link?  I'm totally ok if someone wants to say it wasn't interesting to read.  That way I can learn how to make the next ones more interesting.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

I had a quick look at your review of Teraria when I saw this. It described the game, but wasn't particularly insightful or different from most reviews. I guess the main problem could be the dwindling market for "run-of-the-mill" text reviews (which was how it was done before high-speed internet). You can watch a review on youtube with the same content as yours, plus looking at the game itself!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:08:54 pm »

New post!  Now about the game Game Dev Tycoon.  Had a lot of fun playing that one.

I've considered doing a video blog... but a friend of mine had a channel where he did the same thing, and got nailed with a copyright violation and his videos were taken down.  I wonder if I could do it on Vimeo instead...

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »

I like your reviews and had commented the last one but your topic "Gamer's Rant - This game could have been better if…" sounds harsher as you post.
I like your postings but they are not harsh (what I like!) ;)

But it's my subjective view and not necessary objectively true :)
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:12 am »

Thanks for your post!  :D  I started the blog ages ago and I've been fixing little things here and there as I go, like making sure the backgrounds work and adding more images.  I've been thinking of a better topic but haven't settled on one yet.  I'll work on getting that changed soon.  And I like being nice with my reviews :)  After doing game design school, I have a lot more respect for developers @_@;;