Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: problems with a couple things  (Read 3029 times)

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
Re: problems with a couple things
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:35 am »

Never let my WG runs more than 10-12 years (that is my speed of response to hit "stop").  I guess I gonna saw too the changes in Vanilla.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:16 pm »

why only 10 years of worldgen? o.O

you miss out alot... spreading curses... necromancers... towns for adventure mode... wars etc.

i dont really get why some people just want another world to play... i stay on mine for a long time, except i mod anything that needs a new world.

then i just put in 500-750 years and lurk in the forums :D

oh and if you set ~75-100 civs mostly every race will survive^^

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42:34 pm »

ok looks as i have missed a bunch of discussion since last night here are my answers. food stockpiles i have 3, stockpile A consists of liquids such as drinks extracts and such, stockpile B which has 0 Barrels allowed stores all foods that are not liquid, stockpile C sorts even deeper with all cookables, also with no barrels, food stockpile is setup beside kitchen and other food oriented buildings, no burrows, i have 5 idle butchers, all of which have butcher and tanning turned on along with refuse and food hauling only, i also have butcher animal in manager set for 30 times, this queues up and i get the error needs unrotten butcherable, this includes animals my hunter is bringing in not just animals killed by army, and i have tested in basic df and my military kills are butchered just fine now with the flour and sugar, i have 3 different types of flour, whip vine, longland, and cave wheat all of which are ONLY in bags, no barrels in this stockpile, also no stockpiles set for give or take all stockpiles are at base settings except for barrels allowed
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:49:59 pm by kreepergrimms »

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »

also i know that some of the animals mentioned are considered sapient, i have already changed the raws to allow for them to be butchered which does work in vanilla but not MWDF for some reason since MEPH removed in back in 3.A i believe was the release possibly i broke the raw but here are the only changes i wrote in

[ETHIC:OATH_BREAKING:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
   [ETHIC:LYING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
   [ETHIC:VANDALISM:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
   [ETHIC:TRESPASSING:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
   [ETHIC:THEFT:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
   [ETHIC:ASSAULT:PUNISH_SERIOUS]
   [ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
   [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
   [WILL_ACCEPT_TRIBUTE]
   [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:20:10000:100000]
   [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:2:20:20000:200000]
   [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:3:20:30000:300000

the ethics eat and butcher sapient, now from my coding training i notice the 5 in the middle are not tabbed in, but those are like that before i change unthinkable to acceptable
edit: Meph would it be possible that since the 5 ethics in question are not tabbed, but only spaced in 3 times, that they are not being read right?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:17:13 pm by kreepergrimms »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

Kreepergrimms: I honestly dont even understand that text of yours. Punctuation would be a big help.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »

sorry for typing fast, what i was saying is in the default entity raw the ethics for using sapients are not tabbed correctly for coding, they are each only space barred 3 times in instead of the tab key, these however are like that before any modding i did to change the sapient stuff

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 06:21:33 pm »

but anyway i have a new issue, a kobold thief got inside my meeting hall so one of my dwarves decided to shoot a fireball at him, incinerating all of my dwarves and stockpiles that were in the path i am watching all my food and dwarves run around for their lives, is there a way to turn off the sorcery so my dwarves do not have it turned on by default, but still be able to use it late game once i have certain safeties set up

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 06:26:09 pm »

I love how you make a double post without any punctuation, then get called by me on that, just to follow it up with a second double post without any punctation.  :o
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 07:46:48 pm »

You can turn off the sorceror. Just make a one tile burrow under a raised bridge, assign him to it, then lower the bridge.

No more fireballs.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »

Bad habits... lots of them^^

I dont want to be rude there, but people are generally more likely to help you on the internet if you describe your problems and concerns at least a bit readable.

Punctuation is important :P
Pressing enter from time to time is important, too^^

It's just pain to read a long text without punctuation or passages... most people dont bother with it.

However, since i dont want to play the stereotypic grammar nazi, now to your topic:

first, i never really bothered with flour, but as far as i remember there are reactions to make bread out of it in the masterwork mod... or even vanilla?
i guess the mod, but meph can tell you, i guess.

second, you dont have to bother with your manager, setting up butchering commands.
your dwarves wont butcher anything that isnt in your stockpile. (with the exception of tame animals, ofc)
so what you want to do is o:set orders and options r:refuse orders o:accept outside refuse(or something like that)
problem solved

third, was he a soldier? not sure if they use magic as a civilian, too.

however, you have to be careful with mages, especially the firey one.
use burrows for him... let him train with a few other soldiers deep in your fortress to have a little elite if everything else fails.
make your fortress easier to defend.. so you can be 100% sure no sneaking units can simply go in as they want to.
thats a general tip, however, not something thats only important with mages.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 09:19:33 pm »

reason i set up the manager with butcher was to test and see if it was another bug i have seen in the forum, "the one with some reactions only working with manager"

the bodies i have tried to butcher are all designated in a corpse refuse stockpile, its underground, my expedition leader was the culprit, while he was eating in the hall another dwarf spotted the kolbold and he shot a fireball, as for the defense, i have a trap setup where anything coming in can be caught or killed, this kobold however managed to slip in while i was draining my river and he slipped under a wall

i have a 2 z level wall built around my entire base 15 blocks in from the edge, along with an underground trading depot and a passage to said depot with traps along the shortest route that auto path will allow, almost a 100% capture rate

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:25 pm »

::)

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »

stay strong meph, at least its readable now :D
well.. a bit.

checked labors, borrows etc? if they are in the stockpile they should get butchered automatically.
if it still doesnt work for some reason i got no idea... it always works for my o.ô

well.. kobolds are trapavoid, you know?

you cant just keep a fort like "oh well, my fellow traps will do the work, no need for soldiers. i like soapmakers alot more anyways"

passive defense is optional.
but you need active defense for a safe fort.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »

why only 10 years of worldgen? o.O

you miss out alot... spreading curses... necromancers... towns for adventure mode... wars etc.

i dont really get why some people just want another world to play... i stay on mine for a long time, except i mod anything that needs a new world.

then i just put in 500-750 years and lurk in the forums :D

oh and if you set ~75-100 civs mostly every race will survive^^

Nope, I donīt miss anything with those years... Curses? I have plenty of curses, I even use then as a exploit. The curses attacks a lot the caravans, I just simply donīt build a trade depot for some time. In time, the traders get striked by melancholy or get raving mad and starts to fight with the guards. Losing in the 95% of the cases. So after that the haulers recovers the free loot.

Adventure mode, is boring for me, is not the feature than makes great this game.

Also I get sometimes lichs and Necromancers in the migrants, Necros get cleansed by the armok wards,towns are only interesting with adventure mode.

This dude...  kreepergrimms... I donīt have a clean grammar, but god...

You need do a hardcore trap setting for get a decent defense, also you need a Panic lever in some cases for deal when the traps are dodged. Like atom smashers, cave ins traps, drowning chamber or a purifier (lava room trap).

Remember, you canīt never be sure. Do a redundant defense.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:59 pm »

i am going to just drop this subject now because i am tired with dealing with people trying to act like i am an idiot, i may not punctuate everything according to how some people consider being effective, but i am a college graduate and i do not have time for this
Pages: 1 [2]