Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The EA Wars (Compilation of information)  (Read 7652 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: The EA Wars (Compilation of information)
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 03:21:46 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 03:24:45 pm »

You are today's best person ever. Congratulations.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:09 pm »

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 01:58:24 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

Why is half of my avatar photoshopped on one side, then the other half on the other?  I worked for the resistance in the second war, after managing to get off the planet between wars, after being neutral in the first.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »

... Amazing
Crack-a-lack-a

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 06:15:59 pm »

Why is half of my avatar photoshopped on one side, then the other half on the other?  I worked for the resistance in the second war, after managing to get off the planet between wars, after being neutral in the first.
Wars? They were multiple ones? I thought it was swift invasion, followed by occupation, then resistance from within and the skies.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 08:45:14 pm »

Wars? They were multiple ones? I thought it was swift invasion, followed by occupation, then resistance from within and the skies.

See my previous post:

Final Year of the First EA War

Upon the discovery of support of resistance groups, EA acted and captured the central figures of Bay 12, Toady One and Threetoe.  Within the raid, scamps was slain by the hired mercenaries.  Upon revelation of this knowledge, Bay12 launched a massive assault that caught EA unawares, managing to recapture Toady One and Threetoe.  The two were then evacuated to the Mars colonies.  With the major damage to the structures by the Bay12 attack, an armistice was made between the two powers, which was broken by EA at the breakout of the second war three years later.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 10:50:44 pm »

I have now started to forget the lore that I helped make up. Good job, self.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 08:03:58 am »

I can certainly see the procession from armed conflict to uneasy peace then back again, we do have about ten years of history to cover here.  If we assume the first EA war consists mainly of low-key engagements culminating in a large scale battle, it becomes easier to see a pattern of dissolving support for EA's control of N.A.  I'm going to go with Zan's assertion here, tho' we need more detail to make it convincing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 11:36:48 am »

You are today's best person ever. Congratulations.

This is almost certainly becoming my new background. How did you decide who to put where?
I picked the ones that seemed appropriate first, then I added people with avatars that fitted, then I just added everyone else.
I ran out of people and you matched the colour scheme.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 12:48:45 pm »

Just to make sure that I know what's going on, the sequence is:
1. Bombings and swift invasion by EA.
2. Long fought back and forth battle in space between the space-faring groups and the Earth-based EA forces. Space-faring groups won.
3. While this was going on, Bay12 supported rebels on Earth.
4. Bay12's support of rebels was discovered, and EA captured Toady, Threetoe, and Scamps.
5. Bay12 launched a rescue mission, during which Toady and Threetoe were recovered, and Scamps was lost.
6. There was a quiet period, where both sides recovered and rebuilt. EA's recovery was slowed by reinvigorated rebel activity.
7. The space-faring groups attack EA's main bases, drawing away the occupying forces, allowing militias form, retake the cities, and form an army.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:23 pm »

Yes, that definitely seems to be that shape of things, I'd say we have the flow of the first 3-5 years there.  We're lacking a bit in content overall tho', who wants to flesh out the ground battles?  I think I've got an overall setup for the space wars that should plug in to whatever we can come up with for the other facets of combat.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

Just a note, both sides had space stations right?

Also, I can do a few space battles and some guriella stuff.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 03:21:31 pm »

Both sides definitely had space stations, EA would have had Earth-Luna orbit pretty well locked down most of the time (refer to my service record for a few examples of EA's space forces), Ours would have mostly been mid-system and out-system (Mars-to maybe Neptune)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:32 pm »

We have already german build tanks for the groundforces that were sold atleast to australia:

- the Fuchs 2 as Troop transport and as laser-Point defence variant. Works with fuelcells.
- the Rheinmetall Nashorn MK III Including "narrowbeam Microwave imaging" a form of Highpower radar similiar to Aegis

I guess we get more robot and drones (and some were mentioned already) and some of the (now new) Zumwalts class ships were fully automated by EA. (http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/10/the-navys-newest-warship-is-powered-by-linux/)

Further i would say in 50 years we get railguns as siege weapons firt on ships and later on sats and Tanks.

Orbital dropships would be possible and for airtrasnsport Steam/helium inflated Zeppelins.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:33:27 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6