Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The EA Wars (Compilation of information)  (Read 7446 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
The EA Wars (Compilation of information)
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:32:58 pm »

Splinter thread from player logs of 2050 which deals with the created idea of the EA wars.  This thread will be used to compile a narrative that will then be used for a full-fledged forum game.

Original post here, further information after: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116365.msg4324303#msg4324303
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:36:17 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The EA Wars (Compilation of information)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:33:57 pm »

-reserved-
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

-reserved-

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:51:21 pm »

Name: Baffler
Serial No. 97712

Service Record: Enlisted three months before the war began as an on-base dispensary. Reassigned to operational medicine after the Battle of Kickstarter to assist in field operations after the battle. Conducted himself professionally and extremely competently. He was next attached to a number of different support units under multiple banners as part of Bay12's program to loan skilled support personnel in short supply in our allies. Notably, he participated in post-combat support at the battles of Origin and Hamachi, and served as a combat medic during the sieges of EA Sports, Bioware, and the failed assault on Pandemic Studios. He continued to serve postwar in clinical medicine.

Commendations: Decorated with the Order of Cacame for exemplary leadership under fire during the battle for Bioware, and received two commendations for exemplary service as a medical officer.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 08:05:30 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:17 pm »

So what's the best way to go about this? I'm thinking we all take a post to write out our service records, and compile the history we have so far to get the ball rolling. If you think this is a good plan, I'll write out my bio in an edit to this post. Otherwise, well it's hard to say : :D

I would say that is the best option currently available at the current time.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 07:33:33 pm »

Captain Nullius of the Hellstar, Nullification Force Omega, First Deep Space Battlegroup (detatched)

Entered service in year one of the wars.  Status: active duty (special detatched activites)

Commendations: (everything for the space forces, multiples where appropriate)

Notable engagements:
The Siege of L3: 53 destroyers, 21 cruisers, 3 battleships, 2 support stations
The Siege of L2: 109 destroyers, 58 cruisers, 12 battleships, Orbital Supremacy Station Dragon Age
The Razing of L1: 258 destroyers, 200 cruisers, 75 battleships, 4 OSS, 12 support stations
Operation Shatterstar: 1123 destroyers, 761 cruisers, 322 battleships, 4 Obliterators, EA Headquarters superfortress (confirmed, only Hellstar's guns ever reached the target)

Total confirmed kills:
7000+ destroyers, 4000+ cruisers, 1000+ battleships, 121 Obliterators (the largest individual kill count and over 75% of EA Obliterators accounted for during the wars), 100+ EA space stations, EA Headquarters superfortress, EA Sports superfortress, Origin superfortress

Additional and incidental kills:
Resistance Space Station DeathGate, Resistance Space Station Nish, Resistance Mars colony Labyrinthos Noctis, Resistance R&D facility Phobos, Ubisoft submersible superfortress, Bethesda landstrider superfortress, Capcom Arcology, SquareEnix superfortress

Has seen action in every major offensive of the wars involving space combat, notably:
Was involved in planning, development and testing phases for the Morul class battlecruiser
Was heavily involved in planning and development phases for the Cacame class battleship
Planning commitee Operation: Vigil
Force commander of Operation: Westwood
Force commander of Operation: Bioware
Force commander of Operation: Maxis
Force commander of Operation: EA Sports
Support commander naval Operation: Ubisoft
Support commander naval Operation: Bethesda
Support commander naval during Siege of Origin
Support commander naval Operation: Shatterstar (fall of EA Headquarters)

Was temporarily relieved from duty following the Siege of Origin pending an investigation into the deaths of several admirals and the destruction of foreward command HQ, released from questioning after evidence was presented implicating many of said admirals in sedition.
Later temporarily relieved during post conflict hearings, reinstated after three seperate tribunals refused to prosecute for war crimes.

((I'll fill in more later))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:05:18 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 07:41:42 pm »

[REDACTED] Team Member Zanzetkuken

Entered Service in 2027.  Became member of [REDACTED] Team in [REDACTED]

Clearance: [REDACTED]

Commendations: [REDACTED]

Deployment Activites:
Initial
Code-breaking and Programming in Sector 5

[REDACTED] Team
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Various FORK programming bombs
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
FORK programming bomb against EA headquarters
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 07:48:07 pm »

My entire family died to the war, I soon started developing new viruses against EA. Least to say, tanks could no longer think, and EA sites were to vulgar to stand.
Crack-a-lack-a

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:57:30 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:00:32 pm »

I think that time measurement convention might be a bit harsh, I agree with the need to develop a usefull timescale, but can we clean that up a bit?

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 11:07:45 pm »

Sure. Just wanted to translate military time into dates and express dates without referring to the Gregorian calendar since we haven't decided upon an official start date to the war.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »

Well, that should be the next step, we need a start year, and an approximate Steam Day, I offer August 3, 2024.  Any other offers?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:37 pm »

August is a good time to fight a war, but might I recommend sometime in April? The best time to fight is during summer, so a well planned campaign would be more likely to begin before the summer. I think they would have provided for heavy resistance, and a war lasting months, at least. Starting in late spring gives you all of the summer and the fall to fight.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 12:09:47 am »

The sackhead memorial trust would like to post the following
This post is in memory of Saint sackhead, who as we all know at the height of the 2 days before EA's suposed release of "Star wars Battlefront 4 customizable wookies DlC " which after intercepting coded Ea messages turned out in reality to be an EA plan for a Deathstar like Super weapon . Saint Sackhead boarded this monstrosity alone and carried a special explosive device deep within the Deathstar  and after confronting the EA CEO detonated the device compleatly destroying the station along with himself. without his act of self Sacrafice the war may have had a very different ending and the battle to make good star wars games would most certainly have been lost.

As we all know this trust was set up to give aid to orphans and other innocent victims of the war  including financial support and producing a line of  sackhead action figures for underprivileged children, Free videogames and the popular animated cartoon series .

Let us remember his final worlds across the radiocom "Live long and pros.... no wait...may the force be with you"

their have been many reports of his force ghost appearing to people and giving them wise advise or just tricking them into getting lost in swamps.
let us now take time to remember saint sackhead and the rest of the fallen.

this is just a way to say i died in the war

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:04:44 am »

How would you feel about June 5th? (we don't want to make EA look like military geniuses) With a retro-active declaration of war by the Resistance claiming the war began earlier?  I'm thinking that EA's policy of surprise buy-outs would lkely translate into a fetish for Ambush Tactics.  If that's no-go I can see a mid-to late April declaration.
As for timetable, we've established that the opening salvoes of the war took the form of surprise attacks on Steam and Kickstarter, if we call that June 5, then we should try to establish the Resistance's response or formal organization.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6