Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tearing apart the eyes multiple times?  (Read 2167 times)

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tearing apart the eyes multiple times?
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:39:35 am »

I'm was starting a new fortress when some gecko-man came, I didn't bother with them and my mason started fighting one, grabbing his head with one hand and... tearing apart his eyes multiple times, is this a glich, or is he taking them piece by piece?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tearing apart the eyes multiple times?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 07:07:44 am »

It happens because eyes cannot be severed. Being torn apart renders the victim blind but they eye is still a target that can be picked after that and the AI picks targets based on how easy they are to hit.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 07:10:05 am »

Ok, I guess gecko eyes are actually really easy to target
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 07:59:53 am »

When you grab the head you can auto hit any part of it with wrestling moves, the eyes, the throat, the ears and so on. The gecko man must have been to weak to break the grapple and so the dwarf just picked a body part and started gouging at it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:31:26 am »

Urist McMason has been happy as of late. Urist McMason took joy in slaughter recently. Urist McMason has been satisfied at work lately. Urist McMason enjoyed a truly decadent dish lately.

Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »

Urist McMason has been happy as of late. Urist McMason took joy in slaughter recently. Urist McMason has been satisfied at work lately. Urist McMason enjoyed a truly decadent dish lately.

I've been wanting a signature for a long time, do you mind?
Also the mason had a promotion to militia commander and its currently tearing apart legs of giant grasshopper women
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:35:54 pm by Skorp »

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:48:02 am »

I've been wanting a signature for a long time, do you mind?
Also the mason had a promotion to militia commander and its currently tearing apart legs of giant grasshopper women

Go ahead, take it.

You know what they say, the more the merrier.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."