Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Oxygen Not Included: Alpha Release  (Read 19209 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
Re: Oxygen Not Included: Alpha Release
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2019, 09:37:57 am »

Oil doesn't like changing temperature as easily though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2019, 10:36:05 am »

Oil doesn't like changing temperature as easily though.

It's conductivity is like 15 times higher than hydrogen, and changes temperature twice as fast, per gram. Remember that one tile of liquid pipe holds 10 times as many grams than one with gas.

Temperature only matters when comparing two things touching each other (heat travels from the higher temp to the lower one), and with wierd things like WheezeWort that make absolute changes in temperature rather than heat.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2019, 12:53:56 pm »

I don’t usually switch to conductive wire until way in the late game so I try to divvy my grids up to various 1kW draws. Hydrogen production is usually heavy-watted in to the base.

Also how are you people making superhot tepedisers? Mine hits 85 and is done
You can't, we're using thermo aquatuners which (despite being a cooling device) can heat their environment up to 2 times what a tepidizer can do.  Or 4 times if you use steel.

Re: AETN, you've got 3 options to pipe: hydrogen, polluted water, and crude oil.  Hydrogen should carry like 8-9x less heat than the other two but will be easier to set up.  Polluted water is easy to get and perfect for this except for the part where it freezes at -15 C, so you'd have to be careful.  Crude oil perfect for this, if you have some to spare.

In regards to freezing weird gasses... frozen chlorine has a comically low thermal conductivity and could be placed inside walls as insulation?  You're pretty much showing off at that point tho, there's much easier ways to do that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2019, 01:12:21 pm »

Are we still discussing making steam for rockets? easiest solution for that is to just make a small room in the regolith/mafic rock, put drywall in the background, a pump and a way to put water in the room (I just used a bottle emptier). The regolith is hot enough to produce a LOT of steam, easily enough to get the next rocket engine.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2019, 04:21:05 pm »

Necroing the say that the game has left Early Access. It's also 33% off for the next week or so.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2019, 07:20:30 am »

finally decided to try it out. i don't know how klei makes any money with these releases. the price is beyond reasonable for the game, which after 2-3 hours, seems very fun. it's probably the best of any df-inspired game i've played.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2019, 08:17:41 am »

they make their money by selling a whole bucket load of copies and like don't starve there will be follow up content rich DLCs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2019, 10:00:09 am »

they make their money by selling a whole bucket load of copies and like don't starve there will be follow up content rich DLCs
They probably also don't have massive expenditures with marketing or licensing top-of-the-line tech, and, of course, they don't need to please the ever-hungry Investors.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]