Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133]

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1380776 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16980 on: March 30, 2024, 03:36:15 am »

You can buy the android port for War of the Chosen for a similar amount of cash..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16981 on: March 30, 2024, 03:41:11 am »

You can buy the android port for War of the Chosen for a similar amount of cash..

Yeah, I bought it. Doesn't work on my phone, haven't tried it on my tablet yet. Found out too late to refund it. Shat me to tears.

So, at worst, I've got the PC version legit for a tenner, at best, I'll emulate it through Winlator or Termux/Wine at possibly a similar frame rate.

Some of these are just to feel good about myself. Exalt U7, HoMM3 android, etc. Finally no-ho-ho'd, as I'm sure is the idea behind these things. After all these years, their system worked. At 75-90% discount, with massive depreciations on price beforehand.... Lol

(I actually did own plenty of these, but after 20-30-odd years, do you think I can find the disks? And I'm getting lazy enough to not bother searching sites or torrents. I paid for convenience. Between GoG's free games: CKII (a while ago), Tyrian, Daggerfall Unity, two divergent Ultimas,  Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe, Hammerting (for a few more days); and stuff like FreeCiv/ unCiv, roguelikes (DoomRL, Cataclysm: DDA and ToME4, and even Dwarf Fortress are all very different games, and all work on my phone or PC), and 7day+ Dev comps, etc available elsewhere, you can get a strangely broad range of genres going for $50 or so these days. A touch of emulation of console stuff, and you're done. Probably needs a few actual flight Sims, and a city builder or two, but hey, what can you do? Arrrgh me hearties, you tried ya best. SimCity 4 is 75% off, but it's not Skylines now, is it?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:03:21 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133]