Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 103662 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 12:25:55 am »

Plus you have to consider that the more inland area is a lake with no access to the ocean, which I suppose supports the whole 'bustling harbor' bit of Evilcherry's statement but it's worth mentioning again.

I should be on again today... I was supposed to be playing Guns of Icarus Online but Wurm is going to suck me in once more >__>

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 03:12:33 am »

I might get my alt over to Xanadu when access is allowed for existing players, also may be a small possibility that I might have company

I don't particularly want to make a third account just for Xanadu

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:22 pm »

Eh might play for a little, just to see how Wurm is these days. 

So far just wanded to that lake north of Linton, seems a fair few people there, might follow the coast a bit see if I can find a calm place to hang out.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »

Got in my self, did a bit of exploring, found a decent spot on the other side of the J-bay, north of the islands that run along it. Not sure if it's a sealed in lake, but noticed one guy was terraforming a dirt bridge on one side. Still need to look at what's on the other side.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »

I just got home from work, who's online at the moment?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »

I'm on, how do I add friends?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:34 pm »

I can't connect. It says something about being unable to contact the server.
Same, the launcher shows people on the servers, but the game won't connect.  Perhaps logins are bugged but no existing connections are lost, or maybe the launcher is mistaken :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:22 pm »

The login servers went down a couple minutes ago

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 06:20:37 pm »

It's back up.  Now I'm wandering Serenity trying to find if anyone is recruiting...  I want to be sure I have a village before I spend money on premium.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 06:46:02 pm »

In a related vein to Girl's comment, is there any half-decent way for a new character to earn silver on the more established servers?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:27 pm »

In a related vein to Girl's comment, is there any half-decent way for a new character to earn silver on the more established servers?
Half-decent?  Not really.  Do something other players would do, that's skill level 20 or below, that they'd rather not do.  Moving dirt will earn you barely a little, but is virtually free, if you're into ditch digging.  Something like arrow shafts or squares of cloth may be productive as well...  Rope is always in some demand as well, due to boats.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 07:49:16 pm »

Hey, hat, if you can make your way to SB, my serenity character can join you

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2014, 12:31:42 am »

How is the pvp and looting ?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2014, 12:39:03 am »

How is the pvp and looting ?
On Epic, you're in one of three countries, Jenn-Kellon, Mol Rehan, or Horde of the Summoned, or else you're in a player-made empire.

JK and MR, cannot attack or loot their own country-mates (though JK can attack MR, and vice versa).  If you turn on illegal activities, you can, but become marked as a traitor, and for a time other people can attack you without backlash.

HotS is effectively lawless, and can attack themselves at will, and is actually encouraged.

These three nations can go to each others' area via boat (or really good swimming, but that's usually fatal) and end up on the other nation's server, where they can do as they please.

Elevation is the center ground of the three, and while there you can build a 'player made kingdom' which follows its own rules, which vary according to who's in command.

On the same nation though, you can pick up anything off the ground, and can pick locks that aren't on a village deed.  I once stole an entire boat, because the guy left it just outside of his village zone and had a poor lock.  If he'd had a better lock, or had it on his village, I couldn't have done anything.  If you have a house that's unlocked, anyone can walk in and take things.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 01:59:05 am »

As a once-time ruin-looter/squatter, always keep an eye out for anything that's unattended that might come in handy. While the best stuff tends to be extremely well guarded, its not impossible to come across something interesting. I remember coming across a ql 90 longsword in some ruins once, that really made my day ;).

I've taken unattended carts, chest, even stuff like fsb's and bsb's if I can take them. Of course, I have limits and I tend to respect most well maintained buildings and don't break into locked containers/houses etc. unless its obvious that its been abandoned.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45