Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 47386 times)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #630 on: April 13, 2018, 10:05:56 pm »

time for a fresh install! And check firewall maybe?

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 14, 2018, 12:27:55 pm »

Fresh install also failed.

Anyway, here's the crash log.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't have the foggiest about what is going on, so I'm hoping someone here does.

Drivers are up to date, Java's up to date, Wurm's up to date.

EDIT: Found a solution. Went from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen. Something up with fullscreen mode that the game/computer doesn't like.

EDIT2: online as Gromp right now if you want to send me a message or something.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:44:21 pm by greatorder »
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:22 pm »

Well, I've settled myself in the PvE map. Got an iron vein of utmost quality, a fountain on a water source (Would have preferred a well, but no nearby clay. I need to invest in a cart and BSB), a small farm, a forge and oven... Plenty to go on with for now.

I just need to finish off my 3x3 mine area so I can actually make it into a proper house. Then I need to flatten an area and create an actual outdoor house/farm.

And, fun fact, one of the mods the server has allows you to use longspears (But not regular ones) one-handed. I've finally found a video game that'll let me go full on spear-and-shield without it being cripplingly bad!

EDIT: OK, so I've found a small group of guys heading over to PvP in a day or two, so I've joined up with them. Also, spear-and-shield is abysmal, so... yay for that. Stick with a maul and shield.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:20:04 pm by greatorder »
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 23, 2018, 03:57:23 pm »

Since it seems nobody else is all that interested, this is my last multipost thingy.

Headed over to PvP now (thing with the other guys fell through). I have a small sail boat, so if any of you lot want to join me, either I can ferry you if you already have stuff you want to bring over, or you can just use the teleport thingy to get over there and we can meet up there.

Again, player name is Gromp
My sigtext!

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2018, 05:09:15 pm »

Ive been popping in here and there to try to track ya down in game Greatorder, but no luck so far. Our playtimes must not overlap too much. Im hanging on the wysteria server a bit in my offtime, so u can check for me there too.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #635 on: July 29, 2018, 09:10:03 pm »

Been playing this again a bit lately. Tried Revenant a bit. The shiny modded-ness of it all and fast skill gain was fun for a bit, but got a bit old. Just to see if I could do it, I got a high enchant cast on a large anvil and made some affinity moonshine and sleep bonus and tried to see how quickly I could raise plate smithing with the crazy skill gain there. I ended up with 70 after an hour, 80 after just shy of two hours. And their farming improvements meant I could walk out into a field and sow a 9x9 area in about 2 seconds and then come back later that day and harvest it all in about 4 minutes and have like 500 crops.

Anyone else try the modded servers and just get a feeling like they're TOO easy? I kind of surprised myself, but I ended up going to a 1x/1x pvp server called Outcasts and have been playing there a couple of days haha. I'm about the same level of character development after a couple days as I was in the first few hours of Revenant - but i'm having more fun.
Shameless plug: I do web design professionally. Need an affordable website? Contact me (see my website too). Discounts for B12 members.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2018, 10:14:29 pm »

Anyone else try the modded servers and just get a feeling like they're TOO easy?

All the time, but not necessarily in Wurm. I generally find myself playing vanilla until I get sick of it and then bumping the numbers up to insane levels for shiggles.

I don't think I could play unmodded Wurm anymore, though. Uncertain and limited play times mean the "no rot" thing and some level of experience multiplier and/or task quickener are a must. Now that I've got a small child, gone are the days of working for eight hours, playing Wurm for eight hours, and then fitting sleep and food in when necessary.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40:51 am »

I don't know, i'm finding it kind of relaxing in a way to play Wurm like this again. Crops growing on a 12 hour cycle, skills at the usual rate. Projects take longer, but I don't feel rushed to get everything done. Just been farming and cooking, doing some hunting with 20ql gear.

It's kind of the same grind on the fast servers, the only diff is other players have 99ql stuff instead of 50ql stuff.
Shameless plug: I do web design professionally. Need an affordable website? Contact me (see my website too). Discounts for B12 members.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »

So I have a VPS that I'm not really using anymore and have been playing with the idea of running my own server.

I'm thinking something like:
2x skillgain, 1x action
Biggest map I can get the server to reliably run (it's an 8gig vps, so I would imagine I could run a pretty big one - I'm not sure how CPU intensive large maps are though, it doesn't have a huge CPU allowance).
An archipelago type map with a small PvE island in the center, with sea and surrounding islands pvp enabled. Moon metals on the surrounding islands. In-game map would be of the pvp island with maybe some outline of any larger islands but everything would have to be explored.
Priest restrictions on. Possibly modified priest restrictions if I can figure out how to do it.
No alts allowed so priest restrictions actually matter
Mostly vanilla except for quality of life improvements and things to increase the fun (definitely treasure hunting).
Possibly some kind of starting skill bonus choice ala UO, also depending on if I can learn WU modding well enough to pull it off. (ie, pick a profession at the start).

Would this be something that any of you would play? Would be at least a week to get everything sorted (world building the kind of map I would want would take a while, I imagine), but I could run it for as long as anyone wanted to still play on it.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]