Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 52909 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2019, 04:31:28 pm »

Fire fragments don't seem to have a value at traders.  So just chuck it.

I'm working on getting my mining up so I can make better tools/weapons.  As well as working on my body control so I can ride a horse or a large cart.  With a cart/horse we can look for a more permenant place to settle.  Especially with a cart we can help bring people to where ever we move to.

Going to build another house and fence around that.  Also probably clear a patch of area for farming closer to the water.  Hope I can find that copper deposit so I can make some decent lamps in the future.  Also a still for booze.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2019, 04:46:18 pm »

Fire fragments don't seem to have a value at traders.  So just chuck it.

Yeah, I saw that. I thought I might be able to pawn it off on another player.

Damn. Thought I'd be able to log on and at least keep the crops weeded this weekend but something about my current situation is rendering that impossible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:56:50 pm by Mephisto »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2019, 11:13:48 pm »

We have been keeping an eye on them, they are okay

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 21, 2019, 08:44:56 pm »

Set up a deed to help with chat and organization while we get our selves skilled up.  Anyone wishing to join us just head south from spawn.  Just follow the lake shore.

I've almost got a large cart ready.  Just need to get some raw wood of at least ql 10 and I can improve it enough so we can ride it.  Then we can embark to the east, away from civilization.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 22, 2019, 07:52:45 am »

I've asked around in two communities I'm a part of.

C1: "Sounds like Conan Exiles."
"Hey, let's go rent a Conan server instead."

I'm waiting to hear back on the second. Every time I mention Wurm there, one guy pops up with "I've heard good things" and then the conversation dies. They've got a couple of gamers that this should appeal to should I manage to tear them away from Conan, Ark, Atlas, and whatever other shiny pennies they've distracted themselves with.

While clearing out part of the massive camellia field we settled on:

Seems like half of my moments of inspiration pop up when I'm doing something like this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:20:14 pm by Mephisto »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 26, 2019, 02:41:17 pm »

I've started my move over the mountain.  The area slopes kind of harshly to shore but tiers off several times there and is flat along the coast.  Pine, cedar and various fruit trees/bushes.  Clays going to be a minor problem.  Also giant mountain to dig into and build inside of.

I can help anyone get here.  Plan is for everyone to run their own deed and ally for group chat.  Main reason to run own deeds is that setting up a deed is free but they still require upkeep.  Rather not worry about grinding things to vendor to keep a deed up, for now.

So I'm going to hand mayorship of Richmond to Android unless someone else wants it, I also left several tools in my forge for who ever wants them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:00:52 pm by Shooer »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 28, 2019, 05:46:11 pm »

I'm here to plague Ogygia.

Correction, because the server might not want to add some mods I can't play without anymore (body characteristicsfix, and fixing meditation) i'll be sticking to Ereb Baltor
Got a bit of stats, but anyone's welcome to tag along. Skillgain's 2x though so i'm not sure if it's higher or lower than the Epic experience, but there's a PVP map too, just north of where i'm based on the PVE.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:47:53 pm by Exerosp »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 01, 2019, 08:55:40 am »

Skillgain's 2x though so i'm not sure if it's higher or lower than the Epic experience

Ogygia has everything set to 1x and is completely unmodded. I'm pretty sure that may actually be more grindy than vanilla.

I managed to reach the new spot after hiking over a mountain and stumbling across the road right next to spawn, following the road to its end, and then offroading around hellhounds, trolls, goblins, spiders, hell horses, and scorpions. Now that I'm here, though, I've come to realize that I just don't have the time. An hour a day at 1x rates means basically no progress. There's a sign on the road saying that Cassandra spent an entire real-life month cutting a pass through a small hill. I don't even want to guesstimate how long that'd take me.

Good luck with this endeavor. I'll log on and deposit some money and tools somewhere in Shooer's house. It'll be like an escape room or something.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:02:22 am by Mephisto »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 01, 2019, 09:57:38 am »

Body characteristics have a hard/softcap of 31 in vanilla WurmUNLIMITED, unless they've fixed it, so there's a bodycharacteristicsfix mod for WU.
There's also a meditation mod availible to help you fix that it's 10x slower to gain skill on it than WO, because skill timers don't account for skillgain in WU, only difficulty average for skill gain procs.

I'll be on Ereb Baltor though, good luck on Ogygia everybody.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 03, 2019, 10:21:26 pm »

So the Wyvern peeps put out a dump before they shut down for good. Threw it on my server and fired it up. This is kind of amazing - I basically own Stronghold now.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 03, 2019, 11:47:25 pm »

Wyvern was so fun

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:28 am »

Someone appears to have been having a good time before the end.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thought I expanded everything. Whoops. The three collapsed backpacks on the lower left contain a set of 80+ QL adamantine, steel, and glimmersteel.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 04, 2019, 12:37:44 pm »

Oh man, a bunch of stuff with so little playtime  :P Wyvern was kinda fun though.

But yeah I saw Threvan pop on on Ereb Baltor last night. Was asleep then tho huehuheu. But anyone's welcome to join. Barebones land even though the server's been on since 2016. There's quests to get certain items that you'd usually only get from being premium for a long ass time on WO, like a spyglass. So you don't get scared from talking to NPCs with quest windows.
Got a kingdom deed ready for whenever I want to deed on the pvp server too, but I think i'll just main on the Pve server.

And a map dump for those who want to see how the Baltor map's like.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 05, 2019, 11:48:36 pm »

Sorry I've been absent. Other things have required most of my attention for a bit

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 13, 2019, 10:22:52 am »

Spent twelve real-life hours over the course of several days exploring the extensive road network that a fellow player has constructed on Emerald Expanse. I didn't walk every single four meter square of road but I'm fairly confident I covered about 90% of it.

Thought I'd set up a deed near the end of the farthest road but then I realized. I've got the cash to set up the deed but I'd been there long enough that hostile mob spawns seemed to have thinned out. As most of your cash comes from a) trading with others or b) killing hostile mobs, that would quickly become untenable.

On the upside, all this travel and a small amount of setup for a mine resulted in me having 23 butchery, enough animal bits to afford some tools I didn't have, a decent digging skill, and enough silver to live comfortably for a while. What to do, what to do. Grind up more skills in the starting town and then craft a boat and fuck off to explore the absolutely massive map, probably. And then become a hermit.

At some point over the course of my time spent, my affinity was revealed to be coal-making. That'll come in handy, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:19:27 pm by Mephisto »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]