Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98191 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online 3.29b
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:44:19 am »

There's already been a few threads, Mr. Escaped Lunatic :P

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:18 am »

What's new in 3.29b?

The last I checked on with Wurm it was steadily dieing. People are stopping playing and Rolf decides to increase the subscription price, which is causing even more people to stop playing.
And all the while years-old problems are not being fixed, not to mention that Epic servers don't even work any more what with all the bugs.

I just don't see this game surviving another year unless Rolf takes his head out his arse and makes some very drastic changes to how he handles his business.
Feeling down? Click Here!

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:51:27 am »

I took a look around the Wormonline forums and it seems that some of the member started a word-of-mouth campaign. It's possible this is part of that.
Also, Arowhun, signing up of a forum and making a thread with little content promoting a game is not a good way to increase membership. It's annoying and is more likely to damage said game's reputation.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:13:15 pm »

I took a look around the Wormonline forums and it seems that some of the member started a word-of-mouth campaign. It's possible this is part of that.
Also, Arowhun, signing up of a forum and making a thread with little content promoting a game is not a good way to increase membership. It's annoying and is more likely to damage said game's reputation.

I joined this forum because I've started playing DF and I wanted to ask some questions about some things, not because I wanted to post this here. You shouldn't come to such assumptions.
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:17:04 pm »

Your post record tends to argue:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=100726

3 posts, 1 small DF question and immediate Wurmspam.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 12:17:58 pm »

-snip-

I joined this forum because I've started playing DF and I wanted to ask some questions about some things, not because I wanted to post this here. You shouldn't come to such assumptions.
Date Registered: Today at 04:23:03 pm
Edit: Girlinhat got me covered.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:19:54 pm by Exerosp »

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:20:30 pm »

Yep, that's true. I just joined the Forum today. Does that change anything? What I said is still true. Is there some sort of rule that you shouldn't post here on your first day in the DF forum? Sorry if I missed.

EDIT:
Your post record tends to argue:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=100726

3 posts, 1 small DF question and immediate Wurmspam.

Yeah that would make since because I just joined. I promise I didn't join simply to "spam" this here :/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:26:58 pm by Arowhun »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 12:25:33 pm »

I guess the problem is that the overwhelming majority of newcomers that with similar posting patterns have been spambots or self-advertisement accounts.

For that overwhelming majority, these "defensive" posts make sense and work ;)

But stick around, and avoid making duplicate threads. There's definitely wurm online threads around here somewhere.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 12:30:11 pm »

-snip-

Yep, that's true. I just joined the Forum today. Does that change anything? What I said is still true.

We aren't attacking you. Posting games here before you become a established member of the community is considered bad etiquette. You also didn't use the search function to see that there is already a Worm thread, and you post had little content other than the youtube videos (we aren't just going to click on some random link). Bay12 has had (and still has) problems with spammers before.
It's usually better to lurk a while and learn the "rules" of a community before jumping in.

It's not a big deal that you made some mistakes, so long as you learn from them.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 05:17:33 pm »

A while back we sort of made a Bay 12 settlement on Wurm, but it kinda died off after the 'leader' had computer problems and people kinda lost interest.

I really want a game like Wurm, but Wurm isn't the game I want, if that makes sense.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:14 pm »

I want Wurm but where I can host my own server similar to Minecraft so I don't have to compete with random asshats and PVPers and thieves outside of my own group of friends :P

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »

A while back we sort of made a Bay 12 settlement on Wurm, but it kinda died off after the 'leader' had computer problems and people kinda lost interest.

I really want a game like Wurm, but Wurm isn't the game I want, if that makes sense.

How long ago was that? The game received major updates recently, and its about to get some more.

The game might have only 5k players, but its actually grown quite a bit from what it was before. There was a massive increase last November after the 1.0 update, where the fancy new models and multistory buildings were added (Look at the video above to see how it used to look like). After the hype from the update was over, a few players left, but there are still more active people than there were before. Since Wurm is so difficult, its only natural for people that don't have the patience for it to give up after trying it for a little bit. In my opinion, its this difficulty that makes the game so great. That's what that post on the forums about "player count going down" is about. Wurm isn't going anywhere, and has actually grown over the last year.

Premium Player Count for 1 year (measured daily):

(chart taken from here: http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:08:44 pm by Arowhun »

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

How long ago was that? The game received major updates recently, and its about to get some more.

Two months ago. Generally there's a new attempt at a Bay12 Wurm settlement every 6 months or so.

Here's the thread for the last Wurm settlement:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128086.0
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »

By 'people lost interest' I meant the people who were part of the Bay12 settlement.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 45