Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98237 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online 3.29b
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 02:00:55 pm »

Just started playing this again and what do I see? MULTIPLE STORY HOUSES.

Loving the updates so far.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online 3.29b
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »

Guess what? Wurm just got a DDOS attack. Hillariously, Wurm got some publicity from BBC and a few other news sites, on the front page of BBC today! This probably wasn't what the DDOSer was hoping for. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26272526

Site is back online, and the game was recently updated! Now there are ingame maps! The tutorial will be improved soon, and customizable bridges will probably go live in one of the next few updates.

Crates were added in this update, so now bulk transport is a lot more interesting. I look forward to an increase in boat trade on the Freedom PVE servers.

Not to mention, wagons were added in this update. You can now transport stuff from town to town in style, with a 4 horse powered carriage!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96230-update-12-is-now-live/

Those of you that played before and complained about combat, its been improved a lot in one of the latest patches.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93916-join-in-testing-the-new-fighting-tweaks/

Other news, the Emperor of The Horde of the Summoned, Azog, has stepped down. Who will replace him in his seat of power? Will it be you?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96390-azog-no-longer-is-the-emperor-of-horde-of-the-summoned/

HoTS is known for its nasty qualities, like priests that can raise zombies to fight for them in battle, and cannibals! You can read about that here:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/HOTS

I'll finish off this post with a 25min long pvp fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgoRsOgom4s
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:29:20 pm by Arowhun »
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »

I decided to bump because of this awesome video I found.

"In a cold dark night when peasants and enemies asleep, eight warriors on their horses ride away from the safety of theirs fortress. They stop upon a battlecamp and proceed on making a campfire. Then it is quiet. Two of them step in front of the campfire, the Chancellor Jaycz and the General Shakys. the chancellor remove his circlet, his symbol of ruling, to the general. A cheers then emerge, a hope for the future of Kingdom of Sol."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u07zkkothbk
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 12:13:14 pm »

Im interested in picking wurm up again. Anybody playing right now that wouldnt mind having another person join the community?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 02:50:01 pm »

I'm tempted to say LiF will kill this game, but I still have my doubts.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Pentagram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 05:25:32 pm »

Bumping this for new server on tuesday, biggest server yet!

On Tuesday we're releasing the biggest server instance we've ever hosted, which is also one of the biggest online shards ever released in itself.

The countdown has begun!
With the release set for June 3rd (at around 18.00 CEST) the new PvE Island Xanadu is slowly emerging from the murky depths of the Wurm seas.
It is a massive and beautiful thing to behold with its 1024 square kilometers of wild, untouched and fully terraformable land.

A new land to be shaped.
A new society to be built.
And as always, the tools to do it all is in your hands.

Xanadu is launched with some new interesting features like a new more intuitive and optional tutorial area.

In case you've tried Wurm before and failed to get into the game, note that all new players will receive two new starter items in order to make it easier to get around and survive:

The Tent
Allows you to safely store items and 1 animal which you can hitch to the tent.

When dropped it acts as your personal container and spawn point if you would happen to die. The free starter tent is unlootable by others on the PVE servers but has a limited life span in the wild before it decays.

You can pick it up and relocate whenever you find a more desirable location.

The Deed Stake
The deed stake will let you claim your very own piece of land without the need of going premium or buying a settlement form. All you need is some silver in your bank for buying the tiles you want which by the way recently was halved in price!

So make sure to join in the biggest Land Rush Event since settling the American continent, or for that matter MMO history.
Claim your slice of paradise, make your mark and lay the grounds for all players to come.
Because in Wurm, your ambition and imagination is your only limitation!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »

Hrm. I might hop back on.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 05:49:31 pm »

You only need to grind if for whatever reason you want to grind. To survive, you only need basic skills.
The opening of a new server should be a nice time. Instead of staying at home to pointlessly grind something ( again, why?), you can go into the untamed wilds. You can climb mountains, discover valleys, and make them into your own tiny kingdom. Then somebody else will find it, and you will have neighbors. A village. roads and wells. Trade flows.
And then you start again.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »

I... might.  I was on Serenity, under Jenn Kelon.  I remember having fun, especially in the raids, but JKH got lame and soft, and I never had the RL$ to support going full time premium and to Elevation.  I'd still enjoy the PvP much more than the PvE, simply because it's something to strive towards, while PvE content is mainly about trying to find a good spot, sit on it, and have all the legendary creatures be killed before you even started playing so why bother doing anything combat or trying to explore?  At least on the PvP servers, certain super monsters respawn according to world events, and the other players are always there to fight.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »

My brother has been trying to get me play again for a while and has been trying to convert me to the dark (or the BL) side for a while atm. I've still been rather stubborn when it comes to switching over (I care not of the affairs of gods), but I could begin playing again. I was considering doing so when the Xanadu server was launched but I actually rather the environment of Epic (mainly Serenity) overall because its not immune to the effects of PvP, but yet I can usually find a reasonably quiet spot where I can chill if I get sick of or wish not to get directly involved in hunting/raiding/PvP.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 09:19:19 pm »

Yeah, Wurm really sparks my sense of ambition and adventure.

There's rare artifacts to find, amazing dragons which may or may not still exist, it's enough to get me really excited!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:01 am »

We've had heaps of wurm villages in the past, all fizzling for one reason or another.

For those who haven't read the news posts, wurm is well on its way to whatever 2.0 version they can come up with. 3d Bridges, multi-story houses, new graphics designs, a map four times the size of the largest map ever made (1024 vs 256). Putting it simply, they're hoping to expand the playerbase with that landrush event, which is basically just a big advertising campaign. There's also a bunch of tiny updates since the last two wurm villages that I can remember.

I've been keeping track of it with a few friends since last month and we're planning to settle on the new server together as soon as it hits. I wouldn't mind joining a Bay12 village, but life is a bit busy at the moment for the sort of craftdwarfship Bay12ers seem to get up to.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:30 am »

The fact B12 villages died must be that Wurm really needs huge amount of time to play to get anywhere.
2ndly it is grindy..well it will be in few weeks :)

I got all planned out with 5 people group to get in Xanadu but.. i'm still not 100% sure if i play :)

Lets see how their so called advertisement goes. I doubt it will not add any huge amount of players there already is.
Hoping to see some more numbers but.. wurm is wurm :D

See ye on Xanaduuh

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 11:44:42 am »

I've said it a couple times before but I'll repeat it here. I am looking for a game like Wurm but Wurm isn't the game I'm looking for. I like the setting (medieval fantasy with a bit of magic strewn in, but not too much) and the kind of settlement building/exploration gameplay, but much everything else is kinda bleh to me. Java doesn't do it any favors either. As for the grindyness? Well, it's an MMO, they usually have some kind of grind one way or the other. If you have multiple people in a settlement then you only really need to focus on certain skills, much like in reality where people have specialties instead of being jacks of all trades. If you're a hermit however...

The problem is that you have to pretty much be online every day in order to get things done/make sure things don't go wrong, and with real life existing that's not a realistic proposition for most people. Not only that, bad things can happen while you're logged out too. That's kinda the nature of MMO's like this though.

As for whether or not I'll be there? I honestly have to say probably not, even though it'd be awesome for a while. Damnit guys...

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 12:39:04 pm »

All meet in strongbox?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45