Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98201 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 01:31:31 pm »

The key to playing Wurm long-term, is to not be invested in your village.  Have your tools on your person and your skills, but don't be too worried about your land or your walls.  A small hut with a forge, oven, and yard for like 10 squares of crops is all you really need, and that could almost support like 5 people.

Just remember that your village will fall.  It will.  Every single group of people collapses.  Then they reform.  The history of the Epic servers at least is a legacy of people grouping together, disbanding, and then regrouping in different shapes.

Once you start playing and treat your village as a transitory item, and take on the attitude of a drifter, the game's not so bad.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 01:50:42 pm »

such is life

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »

The key to playing Wurm long-term, is to not be invested in your village.  Have your tools on your person and your skills, but don't be too worried about your land or your walls.  A small hut with a forge, oven, and yard for like 10 squares of crops is all you really need, and that could almost support like 5 people.

Just remember that your village will fall.  It will.  Every single group of people collapses.  Then they reform.  The history of the Epic servers at least is a legacy of people grouping together, disbanding, and then regrouping in different shapes.

Once you start playing and treat your village as a transitory item, and take on the attitude of a drifter, the game's not so bad.

This

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 05:26:01 pm »

although some historical villages last a lot of time. several years.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:52 am »

so, 3 hours left. Is anyone else going to jump in at release?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:47 am »

I think i skip. Not in mood for grinding :D
Maybe after month or so i be wurming :)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:52 am »

A new land to be shaped.
A new society to be built.
And as always, the tools to do it all is in your hands.

It's not really a society if the only conflict is annoying internal drama and grinding. Its not really shaping the land if you still have to pay out the wazoo for every area of land your using to build in addition to the sub cost.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2014, 08:47:17 am »

you don't need to claim the land , you just need to be far from anyone who might want to disrupt your work :P
also, you don't need to pay subscription to buy the land, at least on the new server. free characters can now hold deeds like anyone else.

Fair point about society, I guess. Not everyone likes PvE servers.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2014, 02:34:20 pm »

I am currently on the sea north of Linton, working with some people to find iron for nails and tools.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2014, 03:04:00 pm »

I decided to download it while I was doing something else and it's already done. Do I have to create a new 'account' in order to create a new character?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2014, 03:19:26 pm »

yes, as far as I know.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »

Not for another server.  You get 1 character per server, of the same name.  When you cross to another server, it just loads your alternative stats (which would be nothing, on a new server).

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 03:39:20 pm »

Well I have my character on Epic, so in order to have one on Freedom I'd need to make a new one yes?

In any case, I have a new character now, Zulban

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 03:45:14 pm »

Girlinhat on Serenity, going to be piddling about trying to earn silver, I suppose.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 03:45:39 pm »

Girlinhat, Epic portals won't work for Xanadu until next week. right now, server is new player only.

by the way, on Xanadu my name is Hokimu.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45