Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 102565 times)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2017, 01:46:57 pm »

I'm back on WO. Subscription fees are cheaper than I remember. If anybody wants to get in on some WO shenanigans let me know. My in game name is Threvan

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 19, 2017, 12:51:33 pm »

It's a vicious cycle. I haven't touched Wurm since the Unlimited group thing happened. Now here I am with a modded server running on a spare computer.

I should probably just hop on one of the big servers but I like the idea of the whole world being my playground and not worrying about deeds. Disable decay, disable crops->weeds, and just disappear for a few days to a week, knowing that my world is doing just fine spreading trees in the background.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 21, 2017, 11:27:13 pm »

Your body is my playground ;D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 10, 2017, 05:39:02 pm »

Wurm Unlimited is on sale for 1$ on Humble Bundle.
Given that the game is usually 120$ in my local currency, 1USD for it is insane.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 10, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »

I wasn't in for wurm unlimited at $15 or whatever it is usually at. But I am certainly in at $1.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 11, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »

Just reminding folks that Wurm Unlimited is pretty customizable when it comes to settings, and there are client/server mods too, to make the game less clunky.
I didn't look into Wurm Unlimited for a looong time because Wurm Online is so absurdly time consuming, and I think people shouldn't pass up on the 1$ offer if they are remotely into it.

What I would love is to have the ability to mod-in a way to make the game more complex in the PvE side, going up to some "PvNPC" features.
Like having an NPC kingdom and having to fight against it. That would be an awesome feature for co-op!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »

New successor to the old Wyvern server called Revenant is up. I'll be playing as "Threvan". Hit me up

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 13, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »

Tempting.

Do you have any plans? Pulling a Wyvern and doing a dorf migration to the coast, cobbling a rowboat together, and then heading straight for PVP might not have been the best idea.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 13, 2018, 02:38:25 pm »

Tempting.

Do you have any plans? Pulling a Wyvern and doing a dorf migration to the coast, cobbling a rowboat together, and then heading straight for PVP might not have been the best idea.

Nonsense. I refuse to s eewhat is wrong with that. It's the dwarven way.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 13, 2018, 02:57:47 pm »

As long as you reprise your role as ferryman, I'm in.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 13, 2018, 03:04:46 pm »

As long as you reprise your role as ferryman, I'm in.

-_-* I had actually managed to forget that.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 13, 2018, 03:35:51 pm »

Theyre throwing up the pvp server in the next couple weeks. We can dwarf it up on freedom and plan war parties to the pvp server

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 13, 2018, 10:05:56 pm »

time for a fresh install! And check firewall maybe?

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 26, 2018, 05:09:15 pm »

Ive been popping in here and there to try to track ya down in game Greatorder, but no luck so far. Our playtimes must not overlap too much. Im hanging on the wysteria server a bit in my offtime, so u can check for me there too.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2018, 09:10:03 pm »

Been playing this again a bit lately. Tried Revenant a bit. The shiny modded-ness of it all and fast skill gain was fun for a bit, but got a bit old. Just to see if I could do it, I got a high enchant cast on a large anvil and made some affinity moonshine and sleep bonus and tried to see how quickly I could raise plate smithing with the crazy skill gain there. I ended up with 70 after an hour, 80 after just shy of two hours. And their farming improvements meant I could walk out into a field and sow a 9x9 area in about 2 seconds and then come back later that day and harvest it all in about 4 minutes and have like 500 crops.

Anyone else try the modded servers and just get a feeling like they're TOO easy? I kind of surprised myself, but I ended up going to a 1x/1x pvp server called Outcasts and have been playing there a couple of days haha. I'm about the same level of character development after a couple days as I was in the first few hours of Revenant - but i'm having more fun.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45