Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98196 times)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #600 on: April 17, 2019, 03:35:35 pm »

I'd probably give it a go.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2019, 10:21:09 am »

Unless people wish to have mods or minor skillgain bumps, I may just hop on Ogygia instead of setting up a server. I'll probably regret not having the farming mods given my limited-ish play time but it also means no one has to deal with my powerline adapters requiring an unplugged cooldown period a couple of times a week.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 18, 2019, 01:17:05 pm »

I had no expectation of a pure vanilla experience, I just want to avoid an overdeveloped server. How well developed is Ogygia?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 18, 2019, 01:27:33 pm »

Going from the map they provided from march it looks pretty empty still.  I'm not super into going back to vanilla Wurm but with a group I'd be fine to play.

I'm getting on soon and plan to try and settle to the east of spawn along the coast of that sound.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 18, 2019, 01:40:59 pm »

I don't want to rush into things. Just giving another option.

I'm eager to play but I'd rather have something that everyone can enjoy over something we can merely tolerate with the presence of others.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 18, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »

First three forages gave me Hop sprouts.  The path is illuminated and I know what I must do.

Going to stick around spawn since mobs are thick around where I wanted to go.  Maybe settle south along the lake instead.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 18, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »

I'll join up if we get a good group going.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 18, 2019, 04:42:41 pm »

Android and I have started a small temporary camp south of spawn along the lake.  Found an exposed iron vein someone had found and are using that to get some stuff built.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 19, 2019, 01:37:08 pm »

A bit late, but the forum has been flaky. We've got a decent sized farm going. I don't think any of the crops I've planted require special tools to harvest so that's good.

My available play time is between 20:00-23:00 EST (and maybe ten minutes to clear weeds before I run off to work at 8:00) so I may not make for the best farmer but I'm happy to contribute what I can.

On a weird note, I received some kind of fire gem thingy when flattening terrain. It has absolutely no use for us at the moment so I may see if I can trade it away this evening, assuming it hasn't fully decayed away. To use it, one of us would have to hike to the northern/southern edge of the map, gain a deity, hike back, make an altar, and then sacrifice it. I don't think it'd last long enough for that particular trip, especially given the masses of hostile mobs between here and there that a fellow player mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:40:43 pm by Mephisto »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 19, 2019, 04:31:28 pm »

Fire fragments don't seem to have a value at traders.  So just chuck it.

I'm working on getting my mining up so I can make better tools/weapons.  As well as working on my body control so I can ride a horse or a large cart.  With a cart/horse we can look for a more permenant place to settle.  Especially with a cart we can help bring people to where ever we move to.

Going to build another house and fence around that.  Also probably clear a patch of area for farming closer to the water.  Hope I can find that copper deposit so I can make some decent lamps in the future.  Also a still for booze.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 19, 2019, 04:46:18 pm »

Fire fragments don't seem to have a value at traders.  So just chuck it.

Yeah, I saw that. I thought I might be able to pawn it off on another player.

Damn. Thought I'd be able to log on and at least keep the crops weeded this weekend but something about my current situation is rendering that impossible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:56:50 pm by Mephisto »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 20, 2019, 11:13:48 pm »

We have been keeping an eye on them, they are okay

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 21, 2019, 08:44:56 pm »

Set up a deed to help with chat and organization while we get our selves skilled up.  Anyone wishing to join us just head south from spawn.  Just follow the lake shore.

I've almost got a large cart ready.  Just need to get some raw wood of at least ql 10 and I can improve it enough so we can ride it.  Then we can embark to the east, away from civilization.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2019, 07:52:45 am »

I've asked around in two communities I'm a part of.

C1: "Sounds like Conan Exiles."
"Hey, let's go rent a Conan server instead."

I'm waiting to hear back on the second. Every time I mention Wurm there, one guy pops up with "I've heard good things" and then the conversation dies. They've got a couple of gamers that this should appeal to should I manage to tear them away from Conan, Ark, Atlas, and whatever other shiny pennies they've distracted themselves with.

While clearing out part of the massive camellia field we settled on:

Seems like half of my moments of inspiration pop up when I'm doing something like this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:20:14 pm by Mephisto »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 26, 2019, 02:41:17 pm »

I've started my move over the mountain.  The area slopes kind of harshly to shore but tiers off several times there and is flat along the coast.  Pine, cedar and various fruit trees/bushes.  Clays going to be a minor problem.  Also giant mountain to dig into and build inside of.

I can help anyone get here.  Plan is for everyone to run their own deed and ally for group chat.  Main reason to run own deeds is that setting up a deed is free but they still require upkeep.  Rather not worry about grinding things to vendor to keep a deed up, for now.

So I'm going to hand mayorship of Richmond to Android unless someone else wants it, I also left several tools in my forge for who ever wants them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:00:52 pm by Shooer »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45