Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98193 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #615 on: April 28, 2019, 05:46:11 pm »

I'm here to plague Ogygia.

Correction, because the server might not want to add some mods I can't play without anymore (body characteristicsfix, and fixing meditation) i'll be sticking to Ereb Baltor
Got a bit of stats, but anyone's welcome to tag along. Skillgain's 2x though so i'm not sure if it's higher or lower than the Epic experience, but there's a PVP map too, just north of where i'm based on the PVE.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:47:53 pm by Exerosp »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 01, 2019, 08:55:40 am »

Skillgain's 2x though so i'm not sure if it's higher or lower than the Epic experience

Ogygia has everything set to 1x and is completely unmodded. I'm pretty sure that may actually be more grindy than vanilla.

I managed to reach the new spot after hiking over a mountain and stumbling across the road right next to spawn, following the road to its end, and then offroading around hellhounds, trolls, goblins, spiders, hell horses, and scorpions. Now that I'm here, though, I've come to realize that I just don't have the time. An hour a day at 1x rates means basically no progress. There's a sign on the road saying that Cassandra spent an entire real-life month cutting a pass through a small hill. I don't even want to guesstimate how long that'd take me.

Good luck with this endeavor. I'll log on and deposit some money and tools somewhere in Shooer's house. It'll be like an escape room or something.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:02:22 am by Mephisto »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 01, 2019, 09:57:38 am »

Body characteristics have a hard/softcap of 31 in vanilla WurmUNLIMITED, unless they've fixed it, so there's a bodycharacteristicsfix mod for WU.
There's also a meditation mod availible to help you fix that it's 10x slower to gain skill on it than WO, because skill timers don't account for skillgain in WU, only difficulty average for skill gain procs.

I'll be on Ereb Baltor though, good luck on Ogygia everybody.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 03, 2019, 10:21:26 pm »

So the Wyvern peeps put out a dump before they shut down for good. Threw it on my server and fired it up. This is kind of amazing - I basically own Stronghold now.

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 03, 2019, 11:47:25 pm »

Wyvern was so fun

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09:28 am »

Someone appears to have been having a good time before the end.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thought I expanded everything. Whoops. The three collapsed backpacks on the lower left contain a set of 80+ QL adamantine, steel, and glimmersteel.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 04, 2019, 12:37:44 pm »

Oh man, a bunch of stuff with so little playtime  :P Wyvern was kinda fun though.

But yeah I saw Threvan pop on on Ereb Baltor last night. Was asleep then tho huehuheu. But anyone's welcome to join. Barebones land even though the server's been on since 2016. There's quests to get certain items that you'd usually only get from being premium for a long ass time on WO, like a spyglass. So you don't get scared from talking to NPCs with quest windows.
Got a kingdom deed ready for whenever I want to deed on the pvp server too, but I think i'll just main on the Pve server.

And a map dump for those who want to see how the Baltor map's like.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 05, 2019, 11:48:36 pm »

Sorry I've been absent. Other things have required most of my attention for a bit

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2019, 10:22:52 am »

Spent twelve real-life hours over the course of several days exploring the extensive road network that a fellow player has constructed on Emerald Expanse. I didn't walk every single four meter square of road but I'm fairly confident I covered about 90% of it.

Thought I'd set up a deed near the end of the farthest road but then I realized. I've got the cash to set up the deed but I'd been there long enough that hostile mob spawns seemed to have thinned out. As most of your cash comes from a) trading with others or b) killing hostile mobs, that would quickly become untenable.

On the upside, all this travel and a small amount of setup for a mine resulted in me having 23 butchery, enough animal bits to afford some tools I didn't have, a decent digging skill, and enough silver to live comfortably for a while. What to do, what to do. Grind up more skills in the starting town and then craft a boat and fuck off to explore the absolutely massive map, probably. And then become a hermit.

At some point over the course of my time spent, my affinity was revealed to be coal-making. That'll come in handy, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:19:27 pm by Mephisto »

brash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 25, 2019, 01:34:34 am »

This is quite a nice little 3x/3x server for those who find 1x a mite too slow paced:

Riviera:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/2/1652171126127350957/

Map:  https://wu.thahenry.de/livemap/index.html

Nice pretty map, plenty of wide open space still, has been up for most of a year so it's not one that is likely to fold overnight

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 01, 2019, 08:32:59 am »

Hey again, Dwarves! We're a bit spread out, not sure if the other guys are playing on Riviera or somewhere else, i'm still hanging on Ereb Baltor. It has some quests, sure, and I like the map. If you want to hop on there and adventure with me, let me know. I've already got some small stats though so it might sound boring for you  :P

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2019, 09:26:51 am »

Are you off by yourself or are you part of a settlement? I think there would have to be a solid settlement of several people to convince me to join up. Otherwise I'd either be depressed when the settlement dissolves or I would be a source of disappointment when I inevitably stop playing.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2019, 09:33:19 am »

Nope, currently by myself. But it's not even a settlement, and it's a lowpop server with just a few players who have played on and off on it since release. I do have some plans if I plan on staying on my current location, but i've also got a independence declaration if you guys wanted to make a Kingdom on the Pvp server, which is also lowpop. Threvan hopped on once but I fell asleep with Wurm on by the time I saw that he had been on  :P and it was a while ago.

I'm mostly curious if someone's up for building something I guess. I do miss the WurmOnline times I had with Bay12, so shenanigans with other Dorfs would be fun.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 26, 2019, 07:31:41 am »

Hey there forumites! Probably going to be my last call for an adventure, but possibly a jolly one. I just set out for Zindaria, stayed on there a few hours so far and it seems like a neat server. Some mods, pretty fresh and a cool map. If you're interested in it, you're welcome to join. I still play on Ereb a bit but it's not a so popular server. We've got 12people on right now which is almost the top since some servers like Sklo only have 25 (but probably more during primetime).

it's a 2x/2x, with some fun mods like treasure maps. I'm settling on a lake right now with some plans on how to make it look but if you're all up for making it sort of a democracy, we can butt our heads together to make something shrexy. Hopefully the end of WurmUnlimited doesn't come soon either :) so sorry for the doublepost. Hope i'll see some of you in there.

Server's name is Wilderness of Zindaria

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 26, 2019, 02:39:01 pm »

Do you have any instructions on how to get to that lake? I might try it.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45