Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 67146 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #630 on: January 25, 2020, 10:57:00 pm »

Too, it was too popular.  It hurt WO, which lived off subscriptions and currency purchases.  They felt like they were losing money.  Didn't help that it goes on huge discount 4+ times a year.

They lost subs to WU, lost subs when they added content to WU and WO, but regained when they added content to WO and not WU.  So they are going the simplest route; let the players add the content they aren't.

But that's mostly my opinion based on what the devs have said in the past and my own observations.

In better news:  The Cave has been fully mined out, leveled and the inn has been finished.  Thanks greatly in part to Urist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Starting work on the workshop and my tower, but am going to go back to work on the bridge over the coming canal.

I can understand why they did it, but I don't think it's gonna end too well for em. I can't really see too many people returning to the slow pace of WO.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2020, 12:53:57 pm »

I bought WU because I didn't want to pay a subscription, plus it was on a big sale from a humble bundle.
Considering that the playerbase of WU went up 139.78% in October of 2017, I reckon that I'm not the only one. Although I suppose any audience they've retained in the the two years and a few months since is bound to be loyal enough, the average player count is actually below what it was before the October humble bundle.
Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/366220

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 15, 2020, 09:27:45 am »

Received an email. Reading them pretend that this is the first Steam launch is interesting.

Quote from: The email
Dear Wurmians,

Since our announcement of Wurm coming to Steam, we've been hard at work getting everything polished and ready for the launch. Over the past eight months, we approached several tasks to improve the Wurm experience for all; this includes:

Improved UI
    Removal of RMT and account sales
    Visual updates and reworks
    Removal of player gods

We are pleased to announce that with the volumetric lighting out, and the new UI approaching preview client stage, we will be launching Wurm on Steam on July 24th, 2020!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 15, 2020, 06:40:13 pm »

Wasn't the first steam release a sort of mini version not connected to the official servers?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]