Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: Wurm Online  (Read 98194 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Wurm Online
« Reply #630 on: October 26, 2019, 10:09:16 pm »

Oh, if we're on at the same time, I could just invite you. Should have a deed on easilypeasily but otherwise it's just a walk. There's a map you can access if you go to either their discord or ask for it ingame, but the lake east of a place called Serenity bay :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 27, 2019, 01:28:12 pm »

I arrived at the place today. The deed is up, and we are starting to put down some infrastructure (well, exerosp is). I also had fun naming things, so the deed of Twelth bay sits on the Hidden jewel lake, surrounded by tranquillity hills

Spoiler: Picture of Twelth bay (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 27, 2019, 02:43:50 pm »

That looks like a great spot. If I were able to play more than an hour or two a day, I'd be all over this.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 27, 2019, 05:19:03 pm »

Same, if I wasn't knees deep on work and other games I'd probably try joining other folks playing Wurm for the first time.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2019, 04:12:17 am »

Oh, just join when you have the time! I'll probably make one of those boards so people can join while all of us are offline, but for now, anyone can invite anyone. So just make your own large carts or houses if you want to keep things to yourself, otherwise we're all working together! :)
Got some small creative juices brewing. Andrea is planning a dairy farm. You're welcome to join when you want to o/

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 15, 2019, 02:08:29 pm »

Well, the farm mentioned above is finally built, and starting to produce milk. Right now, I almost produce enough to feed myself, but I trust it is going to get better.

There is still a lot of land to use nearby, and even if you don't have much time, don't let that stop you! it is not a competition or anything, just be on whenever you can. We are somewhat established now, so we can help people getting started.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 15, 2019, 02:41:02 pm »

I've decided to join.  I'm making my over to Twelfth now and will see if there's a nice spot to try and make a underground deed.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2019, 03:53:26 am »

I'll consider joining myself. Been quite a while since i've rubbed shoulders with others. There's a few games on my plate at the moment, but I could probably spare some time.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 22, 2019, 08:17:38 pm »

I'll consider joining myself. Been quite a while since i've rubbed shoulders with others. There's a few games on my plate at the moment, but I could probably spare some time.
You're welcome! I just devoured a whole cheese infront of Shooer and Andrea before we took a jog on the lake to show them some stuff I had been thinking of. The more the merrier  :P

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 24, 2019, 06:15:50 pm »

Small update: the settlement is growing! we have 3 houses, 1 being built, and some really cool cave dwellings that I'll let shooer show.
Meanwhile, here is an aerial view of the lake.

Spoiler: pictures (click to show/hide)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 29, 2019, 10:39:04 am »

What is the best way to get to the other side of continent (to the bay)?
I have tried playing Online when i was too impatient to play this and picked Ultimate some time ago on the sale. Might as well try to get in it now.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 29, 2019, 02:24:57 pm »

The best way would be to find a citizen online, get an invite and teleport.
Currently citizens are andrea, kevin, shooer, cmdrspock, therolyn, malaloca (wurm names).
Sadly I won't be online today.
It is also possibile to do the journey on foot, but it is very dangerous.

Edit: what is your wurm name? We can send an invite next time one of us logs in
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:33:01 pm by andrea »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2019, 01:26:04 pm »

Yeah, you get a one chance free teleport to a deed when invited to join.

Might as well show off what I've done under ground.

My house.  Housing a growing number of wine barrels full of various aging boozes. (Thanks Andrea for the barrels)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And my main project.
Mining out a space to fit a tavern, my replacement tower, a industrial building, and a dock.  When done mining down I should be able to fit at least a 7 story building in this cave.

If your on deed the mine entrance under the guard tower is part of a long term project of mine for after the main cave.  Need to level it out before mining further there.  Easier to level it now than later.

Also if anyone wants me to finish the road north up the hill I started let me know and I will.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2020, 03:38:45 pm »

Well that sucks. I wonder if Unlimited wasn't as popular as they'd hoped.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 25, 2020, 08:06:31 pm »

Too, it was too popular.  It hurt WO, which lived off subscriptions and currency purchases.  They felt like they were losing money.  Didn't help that it goes on huge discount 4+ times a year.

They lost subs to WU, lost subs when they added content to WU and WO, but regained when they added content to WO and not WU.  So they are going the simplest route; let the players add the content they aren't.

But that's mostly my opinion based on what the devs have said in the past and my own observations.

In better news:  The Cave has been fully mined out, leveled and the inn has been finished.  Thanks greatly in part to Urist.
Starting work on the workshop and my tower, but am going to go back to work on the bridge over the coming canal.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45