Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61  (Read 81442 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.02] Teh LOLmod 1.7.51
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:22 am »

My only thought is that maybe the barrel should be allowed to grasp too.

Good idea, I'll let both the barrel and the handle grab things.

I know nothing about modding, though even to me this sounds horribly unlikely, but is there any way to have it so the Forumites can pick up the gun-men? Like fighting using a miscellaneous object. They could bash with the gunman, and presumably it would keep firing...

'Twould be funny as hell.

They could already potentially grab a gunfolk in wrestling and throw them, but that's not very likely to hurt anyone. It's also possible to kill one and bash people with the corpse.

Thanks for the feedback. I've changed from the illustration in a few ways. As Petral said, they should be able to grab with both the handle and the barrel. The trigger is going to be the head, the firing pin just allows the gun to shoot, along with the bullets. The guns can still do contact shots without them, but that's a melee attack. I didn't end up modelling the hole where the bullets come out, instead the bullets just come from the barrel. The castes are Pistol(Common, dwarf-sized, normal shooting behavior), Rifle(More accurate, human sized, less common.), Double barreled shotgun(Can fire two shots at once, human-sized, same rarity as a rifle.), SMG(Shoots quickly, sized between humans and dwarves, second rarest.), and finally Miniguns. (Rare, extremely high firing rate, larger than a human, gun royalty.)

I also made them male and female rather than genderless. Wouldn't want to miss out on gunfolk families.

*Edit, Their society seems to be working. They lost a major war to hippies, but they were badly outnumbered. More testing is needed on that front. They did defeat a thread necromancer civ, but they had the numbers advantage that time. When I get back to this, I'll start on their pets. I gave them AK-47s, pistols, and bayonets as their weapons.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:44:01 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2017, 03:52:16 pm »

I was just going to suggest bayonets, then I say that you edited it. Maybe we could make a grenade attachment weapon. I don't know if we could implement ranged explosive capabilities, but we could at least make it a rather large shot with great penetrating power. I think it would also be amusing if they had some kind of bullet plants with which to sustain themselves. That would be kinda weird if another race decided to eat bullets, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm going to do a little research on potential attachments we could use as clothes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:47 pm »

I know nothing about modding, though even to me this sounds horribly unlikely, but is there any way to have it so the Forumites can pick up the gun-men? Like fighting using a miscellaneous object. They could bash with the gunman, and presumably it would keep firing...

'Twould be funny as hell.

If they were vermin, a la fluffy wamblers...
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2017, 04:02:17 pm »

Grapeshot Rats? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2017, 11:53:12 pm »

Didn't get a chance to mod yesterday, but I'm doing the pets. I'm using the gunpowder cats idea. I couldn't think of a way to get them to explode if you ignite them, since rum doesn't actually do that. But then I remembered iron men and the gas that comes out if you hurt them. Using that, I've made the cats explode and burn their attacker when broken open. The gun people needed more pets, so I'm taking the liberty of giving them a whole lineup of gunpowder barn animals. I've done about half now.

*Edit, Gunpowder animals are done. I'll do testing tomorrow. I don't think I'll do the bullet plants. That's a lot of work, and you'd very likely never see a gunfolk actually eat a bullet. In the current version, they don't need to eat at all.

**Double edit, Gunfolk are complete. Here's the download. It includes every file I changed. Also, I noticed Teh LOLmod unnecessarily replaces the reaction_advcarpenter and reaction_other files. I think those two are just in as a relic of the conversion to 42.06. We should eliminate them from the mod's files and just use the versions from the vanilla game, our version is out of date.

***Triple edit, I made a quick change to fix Thrash dove overpopulation.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:06:06 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.02] Teh LOLmod 1.7.6
« Reply #335 on: December 11, 2017, 08:42:09 am »

Changes have been uploaded. Gunfolk are now functional.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2017, 09:07:36 am »

***Triple edit, I made a quick change to fix Thrash dove overpopulation.
Damn looks like my plans to flood the world with those were foiled :P

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2017, 03:42:17 pm »

I can confirm that a flock of 70 something birds at a time who steal items is a bit much. I started a test fort and said flock came onto the map and stole almost everything almost immediately. It was pretty funny though, I'll give you that.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2017, 07:23:41 pm »

MottledPetrel found a bug. Apparently, grazing egg-layers starve to death. Here's a version of creature_lolmod with lasersaurs that don't graze.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lq82rywemm1r9v/creature_lolmod.txt?dl=0
My mods and forum games.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.02] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2017, 04:31:28 am »

I've pushed the fix early. Should be functional now.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.03] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61
« Reply #340 on: January 03, 2018, 04:42:04 pm »

More from MottledPetral. Laser-Ceratosauruses are missing the [PETVALUE:700] tag.
My mods and forum games.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2018, 06:57:15 pm »

Damn it, Laser-Ceratosauruses for dirt cheap was pretty fun. Beta males are also only worth one embark point, if they have the same problem.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:59:20 pm by MottledPetrel »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2018, 03:12:24 pm »

Damn it, Laser-Ceratosauruses for dirt cheap was pretty fun. Beta males are also only worth one embark point, if they have the same problem.
Hmm, I think I remember adding petvalue tags to them, but I'm probably wrong. They're not that valuable though, comparable to trolls IIRC.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2018, 06:29:46 pm »

I come with more suggestions. I propose that we add trick shot snipers that come in varying levels. The trick shot sniper would be very inaccurate, but devastating when a shot is landed. There should be 4 levels of trick shot sniper, (place holder names until someone can come up with something funnier) scrub level, pub level, try hard level, and MLG level. The scrub level will be the most accurate but least powerful, shots fired will come up as "forumite crossbowdwarf 360 no scopes 'enemy' in the...". The pub level will be intermediate in accuracy and power level, and shots fired will be "... 720 no scopes...". Try hard level will be the best trick shot sniper you can make at a normal forge and be the second least accurate and second most powerful, with shots fired being "...1080 Y Y no scopes..." (don't worry, these are all actual trick shots). Finally, the MLG level should be constructed at the tech forge with individual base components like the rail gun. The MLG level would be so incredibly inaccurate that a it would take a legendary crossbowdwarf to effectively wield it, and even then it would be terribly inaccurate. But when it hits it should do an insane amount of damage and come up with some insanely long name like "...2160 ladder stall tac insert cancel reverse 180 (etc)'s...) . I personally think it should take more to craft the other levels than just a few metal bars, and each increasing level should require more, but I can't think of any specific items that should be added to the recipe. In addition to this, I think there should also be some individual sniper rifles that should be added along with these. A hard scoper's sniper, high accuracy with little power and a large reload time. A quick scoper's sniper, lower accuracy than the hard scoper's sniper but still pretty high, as well as a little higher power and a lot less reload time. And finally, a no scoper's  sniper will follow the trend, except with extra low reload time, and maybe an extra attack or something. In addition to all this, I think a workshop should be created to work like jewel encrusting, except that they add 'weapon skins' for added flair and value. I'm not going to list the possible skins, but you can probably take some from the Call of Duty games and then add on a few of your own. Finally, I think we should add air horns as instruments and give them to every civ.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2018, 10:37:50 am »

It's been almost four years since I've added these words, but I finally discovered they're the source of a tiny little bug in the game: sometimes, creatures named using the 1337/hacker language have blank names or their two-compound names only consist of 1 word, whilst being translated into two. It's because I never added translations for the words Iadded into the gamer language.

These raws are ought to go into the hacker language text file, whatever its name might be:
Code: [Select]
[T_WORD:TWERK:twoox]
[T_WORD:SELFIE:saxoo]
[T_WORD:DUCKFACE:dooxfo]
[T_WORD:TACO:toxoo]
[T_WORD:BURRITO:booxato]
[T_WORD:YOLO:yooloo]
[T_WORD:SWAG:sw4g]

I've tried to emulate the hacker language from my memory, I hope it fits.
Not sure if there's equivalents for the other custom words as well.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26