Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61  (Read 82198 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 40.24] Teh LOLmod 1.6 ~ May the carnage begin
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 12:13:46 pm »

Would you be interested in exploding critters ? This is something I created some time ago. Basically, it is a critter the size of a rabbit that explode !violently! when under extreme emotion or exertion.

For now, they explode immediately after sighting a hostile creature -generally a dwarf-. I could tweak it a little if you would like to delay the "explosion" -and thus harm the dwarves-

Spoiler: Splooshy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interaction "Explode" (click to show/hide)

The material isn't that much important. It could be anything else, but I was too lazy to change this :p

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2015, 02:09:30 pm »

Exploding critters are no issue, as long as they don't completely break the game and/or add massive amounts of lag.

With that said, I've added all of you folks' recent additions and I think a 1.6x version is coming soon at this rate.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2015, 02:17:15 pm »

Exploding critters are no issue, as long as they don't completely break the game and/or add massive amounts of lag.

With that said, I've added all of you folks' recent additions and I think a 1.6x version is coming soon at this rate.

Lag may be an issue in specific circumstances. A short radius around the exploding critter is completely burned to the ground, so it may pose problematic in case of surface forest fire in high-density-tree biomes. Apart from this, no it shouldn't be game-breaking.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:42 pm »

Lag may be an issue in specific circumstances. A short radius around the exploding critter is completely burned to the ground, so it may pose problematic in case of surface forest fire in high-density-tree biomes. Apart from this, no it shouldn't be game-breaking.

That would be no issue. The necrothreaders added in this mod burn everything to the ground anyways with their fireball spam skill. :D
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 02:26:25 pm »

That would be no issue. The necrothreaders added in this mod burn everything to the ground anyways with their fireball spam skill. :D

Haha, can't wait for the next version then ! I'm going to pump some more things if it helps accelerating the release :p
By the way, what did you mean by a "dice 1 creature" ?

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:50 pm »

Heh, I'm bored and need some practice, I'm up for anything when it comes to building absolutely retarded creatures/metals/stones/plants/etc. I'll see what else I can make because unfortunately most of the things on my mod are 2spooky4u and not really funny (Unless you find a Wendigo fucking your shit up funny, of course)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »

Haha, can't wait for the next version then ! I'm going to pump some more things if it helps accelerating the release :p

In D&D and other similar systems rolling a 1 on a 20 die is a critical failure and the worst possible outcome for that action happens. I was wondering whether that could be implemented in some way. And yes, since the release is dependent on the amount of things put in and the time passed, more additions would indeed accelerate the release.

Heh, I'm bored and need some practice, I'm up for anything when it comes to building absolutely retarded creatures/metals/stones/plants/etc. I'll see what else I can make because unfortunately most of the things on my mod are 2spooky4u and not really funny (Unless you find a Wendigo fucking your shit up funny, of course)

You might be misunderstanding this mod. While it does feature "funny" things in it, this is not a forgiving mod. The difficulty has been ramped up significantly thanks to the Necrothreaders. Messing with the players, adding funny references and increasing game content is the aim of this mod.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »

In D&D and other similar systems rolling a 1 on a 20 die is a critical failure and the worst possible outcome for that action happens. I was wondering whether that could be implemented in some way. And yes, since the release is dependent on the amount of things put in and the time passed, more additions would indeed accelerate the release.

You might be misunderstanding this mod. While it does feature "funny" things in it, this is not a forgiving mod. The difficulty has been ramped up significantly thanks to the Necrothreaders. Messing with the players, adding funny references and increasing game content is the aim of this mod.

Nah, I understood.

I mean while it's hard to defeat it's not really a reference or funny at all, just spooky.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2015, 02:47:12 pm »

Good, that's what I thought. I will work on it then :)

I'm reassured. I was scared of creating to powerful creatures with the Hambinger, so I nerfed it before posting it (he was nigh-unkillable in his first incarnation).
I will try to create "fun" things then, so that we may get a step closer to release !

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2015, 03:21:30 pm »

Here is the Dice20 creature... I won't say much, see for yourself :

Spoiler: What have I done (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icosahedron creature (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
-Changed One Transformation duration to 6month
-Increased Curse1 cooldown to 1 week
EDIT2:
-Changed some buffs durations

Spoiler: Icosahedron Body (click to show/hide)

Drop all of the .txt files into data/speech
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:39:22 pm by Nakéen »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2015, 06:33:32 pm »

*eyes start shining*

This is pretty cool. Will add it immediately. Just what we needed, more death and destruction. I do hope there's ways to protect from this being.

The more I look at it, the greater it seems. Good job!

On that note, how does the roll work exactly and at what period?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2015, 06:38:43 pm »

That is brilliant
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »

*eyes start shining*

This is pretty cool. Will add it immediately. Just what we needed, more death and destruction. I do hope there's ways to protect from this being.

The more I look at it, the greater it seems. Good job!

On that note, how does the roll work exactly and at what period?

The roll work by successive transformations with different probabilities. I made some rough calculations and rounded the numbers so that every transformation has ~5% of chance to occur.

At first I wanted the Dice to roll only at some specific times, but I got a bit lazy among all this modding. As a consequence, the Dice roll whenever possible. Oh, and the Dice can only roll when he is in his "base form".

Every transformation has a duration of one month. Except the "Ultimate One" one which last fo-re-ver (hehe).

I can still change how the interaction work though, so if you want a Dice that roll periodically, that would be perfectly doable.

I'm open to your suggestions/preferences !

EDIT: Apart from cave-in/obsidianization/ice-casting, I fear the options are limited to destroy the One. I put him against a dozen of my modded steel-adamantine warmech (bigger and badder than bronze colossi) and he obliterated them :p
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:46:59 pm by Nakéen »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

The interaction is fine as it is. One month seems fair enough to me. I'm worried a bit about the players though. Instant death is not the goal, though it should be a threat. Maybe make the transformation time of the "Ultimate One" to something like 6 months? Just enough to storm in and screw everything up.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »

Yeah, fair enough. I maaay have went a bit overboard x)

To clarify, the insta-death has a relatively long cooldown. But yeah, still insta-death though.
Okay for the duration of the Ultimate One, I will change it directly into the raws I posted.

And concerning the "buff" granted by the "good" versions of the Icosahedron, I'm not sure if it is too powerful or not. As of now, the strongest "buff" (the "20" one) is permanent and basically double every attributes and increase speed.

Should I keep it like this or change it ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26