Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61  (Read 82776 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 40.24] Teh LOLmod 1.6 ~ May the carnage begin
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2015, 06:43:25 am »

You're really pulling all the tricks together, aren't you? Will have to step up my game to keep up, haha.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2015, 12:33:26 pm »

You're really pulling all the tricks together, aren't you? Will have to step up my game to keep up, haha.
Haha thanks !

I did a lot more extensive testing in the arena.
Results :
-Icosahedron 6 to 19 are killable by elite militia with full steel equipment
-Icosahedron 2 to 5 are killable by elite militia with full steel equipment+adamantine weapon
-Icosahedron 1 is killable by throwing 40 Great Corruptors, 20 Ancient Warmechs and 120 elite full steel equipment+adamantine weapon dwarves at it. Only one Corruptor survived haha.
=> success !

Some insight :
-Great Corruptors are some kind of tentacular abomination 4x time bigger than demons and with independently moving tentacles, and a spawning interaction to boot (the Hambinger was created using the Corruptor template)
-Warmechs are some kind of steel colossi with an adamantine skeleton and twin shoulder cannons that fire hyper-dense bullets. They also have adamantine armblade equipped.

EDIT:(Yeah, I often edit my posts)

Remember, folks, you could also post tutorials along with any submission you make and that would enable me to add even more things!

Stumbled upon this post. Would you still be interested in "tutorials" ? I agree that explaining one's modding process is a valuable resource for any modder, from dabbling to legendary.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:42:26 pm by Nakéen »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2015, 04:04:01 pm »

It was directed mainly for minor fluff things that I myself can add, like speech or other internet slang words once I was taught. Normally I'd be all for being taught more elaborate things as well, however with holidays and exams coming, I fear that might not be feasable.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2015, 05:49:07 pm »

I understand. It's a shame the current period is a busy one for everyone.
Still, I will try to elaborate a little more of the things I added/will add. Who know, it may be useful to someone later !

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2015, 07:21:07 pm »

I would like to propose getting a masterwork sword just small enough for forumites to use two-handed off warmechs if those were added as a megabeast. Possibly with a pilot/control receiver part somewhere that can be hit to take it down (only because I associate mechs with being piloted in some fashion. No pilot/control signal, mech is a glorified hunk of metal.)

How did that spearman manage to hurl his spear through a reinforced glass canopy into the pilot's chest? Nobody knows. Not even him.

Not my call of course, but still.  And man do I wish I could come up with something suitable for this to contribute. All I can think of is some weapons: A railgun someone made a while back that can instakill people on a body shot (in 34.11 it made people explode against walls and trees. Now, it'd probably fatally smash thier torso,) and a shoulder-fired disc launcher. The ammo for both weighed a ton(consequently weighing your guys packing them down to about half speed if memory serves,) but damn is it amazing seeing a tigerman-sized enemy get sawed in half by a projectile fired by a 120 year old granpa.

Is there any interest in those?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2015, 07:28:32 pm »

....warmechs if those were added as a megabeast....

Warmechs aren't in Teh LOLmod as far as I know, they are just something I love using to test the megabeasts I create.

Not my call of course, but still.  And man do I wish I could come up with something suitable for this to contribute. All I can think of is some weapons: A railgun someone made a while back that can instakill people on a body shot (in 34.11 it made people explode against walls and trees. Now, it'd probably fatally smash thier torso,) and a shoulder-fired disc launcher. The ammo for both weighed a ton(consequently weighing your guys packing them down to about half speed if memory serves,) but damn is it amazing seeing a tigerman-sized enemy get sawed in half by a projectile fired by a 120 year old granpa.

Is there any interest in those?

Modding weapons isn't difficult, so I could mod that ! I already have a railgun-type weapon ready, I would just have the disc launcher to do.
If you think of anything, just throw it in ! If someone want to mod it, then it will be so :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2015, 07:55:04 pm »

I actually already have the raws for both laying around somewhere, actually. Just have to find the damned things and update them for the newer melee combat stuff.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »

I actually already have the raws for both laying around somewhere, actually. Just have to find the damned things and update them for the newer melee combat stuff.

Haha, I'm already running some tests. I don't know the raws you used, but if it is as I imagined them, wouldn't they be a bit overpowered ?

Here are the raws I'm currently using for example. Subject to change and balance.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:33 pm »

I found the disc launcher raws. They aren't updated obviously, but here they are.

Still sifting around for the railguns. The main balancers were the fact they were costly to produce and between the weapon and ammo, slowed users down significantly putting them in even greater danger than normal in melee combat.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

I found the disc launcher raws. They aren't updated obviously, but here they are.

Still sifting around for the railguns. The main balancers were the fact they were costly to produce and between the weapon and ammo, slowed users down significantly putting them in even greater danger than normal in melee combat.

I see, that's really interesting. As you said, the launcher is incredibly heavy, ~2.5 time the size of a 2H sword !
As for the discs, he seems to have also used the lrg serrated disc raws.

I like the fact that he created a separate workshop. Good idea to prevent "bone/wood" discs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:25 pm »

I see, that's really interesting. As you said, the launcher is incredibly heavy, ~2.5 time the size of a 2H sword !
As for the discs, he seems to have also used the lrg serrated disc raws.

I like the fact that he created a separate workshop. Good idea to prevent "bone/wood" discs.

That was the point. The thing's supposed to essentially have large discs made portable as ammo, that's what makes it so deadly.  :)

Found the raws. I'd give proper credit if I could recall who I got them from. Lacks a bayonet in this basic iteration, and the ammo is blunt (as disc launchers were meant to fill the gibbing role.)

Spoiler: The Railgun! (click to show/hide)

There was intent to have a separate building and a large number of specific materials to make, since even towering megaspawn (Spawn of Holistic the size of a building) could be killed with a single slug. It was going to be in a Spearbreakers sequel as a consequence of tech being left behind by various groups.

However me and Talvieno never got far enough to the actual shop and reactions.

The components were to be...
Enough steel bars to make the main housing.
Copper bars for wiring.
A lead, gold, and silver bar as part of a battery/other important wiring.
Leather/cloth for a butt pad.
Wood/metal for a stock.
Magnetite to make the magnetic rails.
An extra steel or adamantine bar to make a bayonet if so wanted.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2015, 08:49:12 pm »

With such shoot_force, I'm not surprised even a Greater Spawn would explode into gore. It's basically a portable mass driver :p

That's some serious dedication for the reaction. Creating such a recipe...

Hey speaking of recipe, that gives me an idea. If you're really set on having such a recipe to create railgun/disclaunchers, we could create a workshop inspired from the raw you got and separate items for each components of the weapons (frame/wiring/pad/rails/stock...).

What do you think ?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2015, 08:57:32 pm »

With such shoot_force, I'm not surprised even a Greater Spawn would explode into gore. It's basically a portable mass driver :p

That was the goal, essentially. Storywise the locals couldn't produce guns that could shoot as fast.
But they could make them hit much, much harder to make up for this deficiency.

That's some serious dedication for the reaction. Creating such a recipe...
We needed a way to balance out such a powerful weapon besides user skill. So compleity and to a lesser degree, weight, was the solution, in effect making it very difficult to field railguns en masse.

Hey speaking of recipe, that gives me an idea. If you're really set on having such a recipe to create railgun/disclaunchers, we could create a workshop inspired from the raw you got and separate items for each components of the weapons (frame/wiring/pad/rails/stock...).

What do you think ?

An added level of complexity for an advanced and pretty much excessively powerful weapon is fine in my book. And in hindsight, suits the forumites perfectly: What they lack in a particular focus (such as gaming or hacking,) they make up for in being able to make all kinds of cool (and in some cases, deadly,) stuff given the time - presumably to look up how to make said stuff.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2015, 10:23:13 pm »

Phew, that was hard. I haaaaate working with reactions, haha. Just did the railgun for now, the disclauncher will come later.

The components :
-gold battery
-aluminum components
-steel frame
-copper wiring
-magnetite rail

Because of the disassemble reaction, I strayed a little from what you originally posted :
-I took out the stock and butt pad
-the battery is only made of gold, of course I could have also created a silver battery but...I don't know, I was thinking it was a bit redundant.

Is it fine like this ? It doesn't bother me changing everything to suit your expectations.

EDIT: Ah. I forgot to add hotkeys... Will do that later, at the same time as the disclauncher !

It goes into an item_ilovedumplings.txt file
Spoiler: Various components (click to show/hide)

I didn't create the buildings, just renamed the ones you already created with Talvieno.
It goes into an building_ireallylovedumplings.txt file

It goes into an reaction_doyouliekmudkip.txt file
Spoiler: Lot of Reactions (click to show/hide)

Using tools gave me a better insight at how tools work. And they really are great to create custom items. That's why if you read this apiks, I'm going to change some things with the item Computer, Game Console and TV that I added earlier.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:29:50 pm by Nakéen »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2015, 10:43:35 pm »

Heh, hadn't thought of being able to disassemble substandard railguns.

The battery is fine being gold.

And now we have the Tech Lab! For all your stupidly complicated weapon and armor production needs! I feel like a computer tool should be needed - How else are we supposed to wiki how to make this stuff when professionals aren't around? :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26