Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61  (Read 82279 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 44.02] Teh LOLmod 1.7.51
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »

Could I request a civ that is literally just made up of sentient guns that wield smaller guns. Of course the gun people should have an interaction that lets them shoot on their own, in addition to their handheld guns. They could have different castes that would make them different kinds of guns, such as pistols as the most common workers, rifles as a less common member, miniguns as a very high caste, etc. I have no idea how well this would go in practice, but I feel like it would fit this mod pretty well. And yes, I can confirm that people have tried this outside of Necrothreat, me being one of them. It's definitely something, to say the least. I have lost many squads to the lazer sharks in the caverns.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2017, 04:32:59 pm »

That's a really creative idea. What would sentient guns have for pets?

Bullets?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:40:05 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »

Do humans have spit as pets?

No. We have edible things as pets.... so little clumps of gunpowder? Saltpeter minions? Sulpher puppies?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2017, 04:52:10 pm »

I just realized their leader could be called the Top Gun. This is brilliant, thanks Petral. I'll see what I can do when I get the chance. I think these could be the human-analogue we needed. They'd mostly interact with forts as merchants and mercenaries.

You know, gun dealers.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2017, 04:53:00 pm »

Do humans have spit as pets?

No. We have edible things as pets.... so little clumps of gunpowder? Saltpeter minions? Sulpher puppies?

Gunpowder cats. Catsplosions.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2017, 05:17:16 pm »

All of my yes.

Perhaps have them explode like rum if they get set on fire?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2017, 07:54:25 pm »

I completely agree with the pets being made up of the components of gunpowder, that would be incredible. If it's possible, we should make it that we can milk the source material from these creatures or have them lay them as eggs. If you really wanted to you could probably just have some sort of material extracted from them and then refine it into the desired item as a workshop interaction (as far as I know). And if there are going to be little gunpowder men running around being flammable, there should be some sort of small flint man/creature that just randomly emits a little spark. Not often enough or powerful enough to be a major problem on it's own, but just enough so that if you're really unlucky a hole gets blown out of that side of the animal pasture. Maybe the gun folk (any ideas for a name for them?) could also have access to a gunmetal as an alloy, which is an actual allow comprised of copper, tin, and zinc. It might also be cool to have their armor made up of large ammo casings. That might turn out weird with the surprisingly correct analogy of bullets basically equaling spit, but that's not going to stop me from spit balling ideas that people could eventually turn into working things.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2017, 08:30:41 pm »

I was going to make the gun folk's clothes gun attachments like scopes, laser pointers, and silencers. Does that sound good?

I'll see what I can do for the gunpowder pets. I haven't made a creature specifically to be flammable before, but I can probably do it. I think I read something about how it's done once.
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2017, 08:41:36 pm »

I approve of this. All of this.
Wholeheartedly.

These guys are going to go extinct in worldgen with all the fire-making monsters this mod adds...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2017, 08:48:02 pm »

That's why we have to balance it out with allowing them to increase their population really quickly. It would balance out because the mass deaths caused by the fire breathers would prevent them from growing too large. But it's only the pets that will be so flammable, and I'm not sure how the game handles a pet specified for a civ going extinct during world gen.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2017, 08:51:46 pm »

I think the game will just spawn more pets for them. Anyway, the game won't consider it that closely.

What should be the guns' head-equivalent? As in, the part you can cut off or destroy to kill the gun. I'm divided between making it the firing pin or the trigger. I'm leaning toward the trigger. Here's my current plan for the body parts of a pistol, I figured I'd make the illustration for planning purposes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Edit, I'm thinking the trigger is the better choice. It will allow guns to remember their saints by preserving their triggers as artifacts. More importantly, it lets me justify a trigger guard that works like a skull, to protect them a bit more. The firing pin would be better as a needed part to use their shooting interaction.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:08:22 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:25 pm »

The mod is going well.

*Edit. I have to stop working for tonight, but the guns themselves are done. Next time I get a chance, I'll do their society.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:30:10 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2017, 06:29:09 am »

Wow, you are quick. I'd say your body plan is fine, and it should probably be applicable to all the different gun casts. My only thought is that maybe the barrel should be allowed to grasp too. I would be inclined to say that such a shot strength might be a bit extreme when put into actual practice, but hey, that's what dwarf fortress is all about. I can only imagine what it would be like to start a fist fight in a crowded gun folk hall. Everyone would end up as swiss cheese.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2017, 09:51:45 am »

I know nothing about modding, though even to me this sounds horribly unlikely, but is there any way to have it so the Forumites can pick up the gun-men? Like fighting using a miscellaneous object. They could bash with the gunman, and presumably it would keep firing...

'Twould be funny as hell.

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26