Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Of the following, which tileset do you use the most for Masterwork?

ASCII
- 6 (5.9%)
CLA
- 2 (2%)
IRONHAND
- 8 (7.9%)
JOLLY (with or without font)
- 0 (0%)
MASTERWORK
- 39 (38.6%)
MATRIX
- 0 (0%)
OBSIDIAN SOUL
- 12 (11.9%)
PHOEBUS
- 24 (23.8%)
SOVIET
- 0 (0%)
SPACEFOX
- 9 (8.9%)
TAFFER
- 0 (0%)
VHERID
- 0 (0%)
OTHER (please specify)
- 1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: July 13, 2016, 04:38:50 pm

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Which Tileset Do You Use?  (Read 2427 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Which Tileset Do You Use?
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »

I was just curious to see what the most popular tileset is.  Which one do you use, and what attracts you to it?

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
Re: Which Tileset Do You Use?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »

Some of the extra tilesets really appeals to me.

But, the mod itself are better suited for Masterwork, than is not bad but others have a more clear looking. Like more bright colors and better contrast.

I just simply go for the default one, cause for example it could have mistakes, bugs or visualization errors (I can be wrong never really tested deeply).

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:12:32 pm »

My favourite is Phoebus, but Masterwork is default and others tilesets sometimes has bugs. Spacefox i very good, its so clean and cool.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »

I use Masterwork (not a huge fan of the constructed walls but hey, whatever) but the default+ color scheme is too dark for me, so I use the vanilla colors in default-. Why default- isn't the next click from default + no idea*, I just spam click til I see CLA color on a new release.  8)

*Well ok, I do have an idea, but it most likely is wrong. So really, I have no idea!

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »

i am using mdf but id really like a merge of mdf and spacefox . love spacefox but some of its parts really annoy me

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:08:36 am »

I really only play Masterwork now.   

I prefer other tilesets visually, like Pheobus and Obsidian Soul but I've been burned twice with genning a fort and playing it for hours just to find out some feature I really wanted wasn't in there. 

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

Spacefox. It's cute and clear.

However when marking collapsed brick walls for digging, they show as black, which means I'm occasionally surprised when a dwarf digs out what I previously thought wasn't tagged to be dug. :)  (Mostly a gotcha when using dfhack to draw circles, etc)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 10:48:25 am »

Isn't "Masterwork" technically not a tileset, but a  Meph's combination of other tilesets? If so, it's not fair towards original artists to vote it up :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:19 pm »

Isn't "Masterwork" technically not a tileset, but a  Meph's combination of other tilesets? If so, it's not fair towards original artists to vote it up :).

I assumed that most people knew that the Masterwork option was a combination of other people's work; it is a tileset, but it's not an original one.  Either way, it's an option to use in the mod so it's an option in the poll.

Besides! I'm sure Meph credited the original artists somewhere.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:32:54 pm »

Right now I going for Spacefox, cause have better contrast than the default one (MW).

Even I thinking gonna back to ASCII for the sake of awareness. Yes even if you donīt believe it, I can see better in ASCII, because creatures are easy to get recognized in some cases than a fancy graphic.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 06:33:37 pm »

I've been using Masterwork lately, but that's mostly because I haven't looked at all of the options out there, and hate having to get used to everything looking different.

The only issue I have with it is in Adventure Mode, because the tile for tiles out of view and undiscovered isn't blank.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »

I assumed that most people knew that the Masterwork option was a combination of other people's work; it is a tileset, but it's not an original one.  Either way, it's an option to use in the mod so it's an option in the poll.

Besides! I'm sure Meph credited the original artists somewhere.
I've just checked the latest download and yep, I like the Masterwork option the most. I've just missed the original question's true intent.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 09:20:14 am »

I actually mash Masterwork and Ironhand together, simply because Ironhand has that kinda "cleaner" look to it (and the statues are just beautiful), and I'm not a fan of the Masterwork walls.

On the other hand, Masterwork does have some good tiles from Phoebus, so I just mixed them together.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:31:13 am »

Could you upload it somewhere? I like Ironhand too but MW is better optimised.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 10:09:43 am »

You could use this handy tool I found http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724

With that, you can mash not just Ironhand and Masterwork, but ANY tileset you have!  :D
Pages: [1] 2