Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Great Norse Community: A Norse Fortress Mod Community Fort (All are welcome)  (Read 9906 times)

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile

Walls are needed but make sure it will be possible later to add spots in which archers can shoot from.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depending on version Ljosaflr are really badly armoured, I think the more recent version is slightly worse than the previous ones defensively, and they die easily as well. A baby could shatter their skulls. Fast though, they can strike about four times before a norseman can, and it only gets worse with more armour slowing the norse down. I recall I gave them [FLEEQUICK] so they run when resisted like kobolds do, but their speed can allow them to deal a lot of damage in the time they're around.

I recommend archers to fight them so you can try and keep them at arms length.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Depending on version Ljosaflr are really badly armoured, I think the more recent version is slightly worse than the previous ones defensively, and they die easily as well. A baby could shatter their skulls. Fast though, they can strike about four times before a norseman can, and it only gets worse with more armour slowing the norse down. I recall I gave them [FLEEQUICK] so they run when resisted like kobolds do, but their speed can allow them to deal a lot of damage in the time they're around.

I recommend archers to fight them so you can try and keep them at arms length.
The hunting helps a lot with the training. We have a crap ton of bone bolts and the hunters are constantly bringing in prey. We won't go hungry for a long time, and they're probably the best fighters; DwArfY gets enraged and smacks the enemy with her bow when she runs out of arrows
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile

True archers are needed to fend them off but don't get too reliant on either Meele or ranged combat
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah! A true man of norse blood need not stoop so low as the cowards bow, merely one swing of his mighty great axe would cleave those weaklings in twain, the hairs on his chest would be metal enough to block their meek knives

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Has mental image of the bow wielding maniac that is himself*

Yeah...coward's bow...  :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I usually rely on melee, but since this is modded, and the last time I sent an army against Jotun (bloody age with fortress defence) let's just say an army of 4 legendary dwarves murdered half of their army before burning to death...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes but half the time you're not using it as a bow are you now

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your argument was not against how the bow was used, rather that it is used at all instead of the axe or other melee weapons. And you can hardly call it the coward's bow as, after you stick them with arrows, slowing them down, you bash their brains into a bloody pulp with a piece of metal. THAT is true Norse spirit!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:12:11 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your argument was not against how the bow was used, rather that it is used at all instead of the axe or other melee weapons. And you can hardly call it the coward's bow as, after you stick them with arrows, slowing them down, you bash their brains into a bloody pulp with a piece of metal. THAT is true Norse spirit!
You do it when you're out of arrows and when enraged... Which is whenever you see something you can kill

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Again, what could be more Norse! I'm practically a berserker!  :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Literally actually. When I made the norsemen (or edited Karkov's proposed version to be more accurate) I gave them a caste called berserkers who can rage, but I keep forgetting to reduce their frequency so half of all norse are berserkers, since you rage, you're a berserker.

I've been considering mixing the castes together and dropping the rage frequency because berserkers always rage everytime they see anything and it can cause some issues with army orders.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Literally actually. When I made the norsemen (or edited Karkov's proposed version to be more accurate) I gave them a caste called berserkers who can rage, but I keep forgetting to reduce their frequency so half of all norse are berserkers, since you rage, you're a berserker.

I've been considering mixing the castes together and dropping the rage frequency because berserkers always rage everytime they see anything and it can cause some issues with army orders.
Lets just say those numbers may be flawed; about 90% of us are berserkers

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets just say those numbers may be flawed; about 90% of us are berserkers

It's a 50/50 chance for each norseman to be a berserker, so theres' always going to be an imbalance in one direction or the other because of how random chance works.

I'll fix it for the next version, which now has fimbulwinter wolves and will have the anglo-saxons if I can get around to doing them.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]