Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67503 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The arrival in Chamberdrums (Players needed!)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 11:16:23 am »

Journal of Magni:
Tried to break out of the prison with Nuckles... Didn't go so well...

They strip searched me and found the loop of large iron knives I keep on my leg, and the hammer I strapped to my back. I don't know how they didn't notice it then, but they see it now. I got sent to this outpost after the guards proceeded to try and kick the s*** outta me... Lets just say their legs will never be the same... Or be able to use their hands to do anything... Then they called in the entire guard and managed to get me tied down. They just threw me on the cart here and the others untied me. Perhaps we can use this place to create another arms smuggling ring...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

Due to some problems with the tools (I accidenly deleted picks from the list) I had to restart and reclaim the fortress. I managed to recreate the characters, but now the goods of the previous embark are scattered around the place. It helps a bit, cause I took some nice bronze weapons the first time, but now we have no dogs.

From the diary of Monitor Lizard, expedition leader:
"It appeared that we are not the first to occupy this place. When we got off the wagon, we saw another cart standing near the hill. We stared at it for a while, but then Magni grabbed his mace and rushed to it. It contained some food and weapons, but no other dwarves exept us could be seen around. When Daria went searching for useful plants, she found a skeleton of a yak laying downhill. I gave Firecrazy his new pick (The old one was confiscated by the guards) and ordered him to start digging immeditely. I asked Grim if there were other travellers nearby, and he told that there were only a few dead pack animals outside. Grim can be trusted in this matter - he has a flair for it.

There's a lot of useful stuff laying on the ground. Nuckes stumbled across a pack of copper arrows. We might need that. As for me, I found another good pick, and gave FireCrazy a hand with his digging project.

Things are going pretty fast with us two working alonside each other. There are no trees around, but I asked Rufus to deconstuct both wagons so we can build some beds.

Now we are talking. We'll have a storage area here.

It seems that the previous occupants tried to do some farming here on the ground level. Well, it's quite hard to farm in the center of a rocky desert, but we'll try.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:15:07 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 05:06:48 pm »

Journal of Magni:
I'm really glad I stole that mace from the guards when I was untied and we started off. There's a lot of crap here but it's good there's some extra food here. I'm not too keen on the lack of wood though... Maybe we can swipe some from the pointy eared bastards if they show their ugly mugs?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 03:24:11 am »

Journal of miner Firecrazy:
ENTRY #1

So, they told us that we were exiled from the mountains and are to build a trading outpost. Are you serious? We'd just rob any elven and human caravan that goes our way! And why the fuck is this outpost supposed to be in the middle of a dessert? From what i can gather, the Mountainhomes tried to build a trading outpost here a while ago but it failed tragically. So they sent us. The wagon from the previous attempt seem to be still intact and we nicked some supplies off it. Time to go mining..

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 08:29:21 am »

If possible please dwarf me as a migrant with cheesmaking, stonecrafting, and/or masonry, preferably male but it doesn't matter much.  In what year did the fort start.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

The Journal of Grimmash

Chapter 1: The Cheese Stands Alone

Entry 1

After years of hard work, it finally happened!  The nobles are sending me to the Mountainhome!  All my hard work has paid off.  The hours of training, the years of honing my skills, and I am finally being reocognized.  The caravan leaves in a week, and the Duke said I’d best be leavin’ with them.  He didn’t seem all that happy about it, when he yelled “If I see you again, y’best be in coffin in the catacombs!” across the dining hall at me, but I’m sure he is just sad to lose one of his best cheesemakers.  I can only hope young Dishmab will be able to fill my socks in the dairyworks.  She’s a good dwarf with a fine beard, but her whiskers always seem to be yearning for the anvils, although I often wonder if it’s more the lads workin’ the anvils she’s yearning for…

Entry 2

Everyone around the fortress is so happy for me!  They keep snorting and chuckling in the hall when I pass.  They must be jealous that I am going to mountainhome.  Jealousy is a sad burden we dwarves bear, so I’ll take theirs jeers and calls as a sign of the affection I know they are too stoic to admit.  Dishmab transferred to the smelteries, so I fear for the dairyworks.  I’ll send the fortress a nice wheel or two once I get established.  I’ll even see if I can’t talk to the caravan leaders about bringing more cabochons and some of that mosquito ichor Asmel loves so much.  Perhaps I can find another master cheesemaker in the Mountainhome who years for the simpler life away from the royals and the crowds.  That’s enough for now journal, time to finish packing!

Entry 3

Well journal, the trip has started.  This caravan seems... odd.  No one else who is going to the Mountainhome seems all that excited, not even the traders.  It’s almost like they think it’s a burden bringing us with them.  I don’t understand though, we were requested specifically!  The Duke himself said, “Hopefully the King can find a way to use all of your… skills.  Armok knows you lot never could figure out how to follow my orders around here.”   We can’t help it that the Duke kept asking for things that were impossible to make.  How can I create a wheel of reindeer chess when we don’t even have any reindeer to milk?  He kept asking, and I kept telling him that without the reindeers, there was nothing I could do. The fortress was underground, with craggy peaks above.  I can’t say how many times I tried to get the stubborn old dwarf to trade with those elves. Oh well, I just know it will all turn out for the best once I get to the Mountainhome.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »

OOC Note:

I have two or three similar journal entries to provide the backstory for whoever I end up taking.  I have a plan for a rather small megaproject that I think fits the theme of the game.  It is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 11:05:13 pm »

OOC Note:

I have two or three similar journal entries to provide the backstory for whoever I end up taking.  I have a plan for a rather small megaproject that I think fits the theme of the game.  It is in the spoiler below.

Cheese... The one thing no one can resist... And I like that idea too. Magni would want to get some revenge for her arms dealing being halted

merp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 11:17:46 pm »

Can I play?  I'd like to sign up for a turn.

Is this a masterwork fort?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:24:32 pm by merp »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 02:19:08 am »

No, its vanilla.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 05:06:35 am »

OOC Note:

Cheese... The one thing no one can resist... And I like that idea too. Magni would want to get some revenge for her arms dealing being halted
Here are some things to do after the fortress will be estabilished:
1. Kill the king and his guards.
2. Rob elves.
3. Decieve other traiders.
4. Produce counterfeit money (brass, fine pewter and trifle pewter coins).
5. Take hostages (don't let caravans go from the map).
6. Destroy local wildlife. (kill animals and pour magma on the ground (like in Boatmurdered, but we'll need a lot of pumps)).
7. Grow blade weed and sell it.
And so on.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:22 am »

Grims Journal

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I never should have let them talk me into it. 'One last job' they said, 'A little extra money in your pocket' they said. Well now look where we are! We're in the middle of nowhere and we're stuck here 'at the king's pleasure'. Another way of saying we're until the buzzards are pecking our bones clean. We're supposed to be founding a trading post of some kind, but everyone else keeps talking about robbing the caravans that come by! That's the sort of thinking that got us into this mess in the first place. Mad fools, the lot of them, though if I'm out here as well I suppose that I'm a mad fool as well.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:34 am »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I scored a little Cut before we got run out of town, but I smoked the last of it this morning.  I'll have to ask Daria if she has any.  If not I'm going to search around and see if any Blade Weed is growing wild.  Food might be the priority for most, but I say we get a crop of the good stuff growing with a quickness.

---   ---
OOC:
I am in total agreement with the list of priorities.
Lots of trade depot drowning/melting chambers, and false entrances we can use for the goblin hostages.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 12:54:06 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I scored a little Cut before we got run out of town, but I smoked the last of it this morning.  I'll have to ask Daria if she has any.  If not I'm going to search around and see if any Blade Weed is growing wild.  Food might be the priority for most, but I say we get a crop of the good stuff growing with a quickness.

---   ---
OOC:
I am in total agreement with the list of priorities.
Lots of trade depot drowning/melting chambers, and false entrances we can use for the goblin hostages.
Don't forget to strip the hostages of any valuables! Specifically, if you deconstruct the trade depot during a pakcing up nad leaving, you get them all w/o the tag for stealing... But then again, seizing the goods makes better for us. The other way we can say that we ended up taking their goods through a scam or something... Like a magic bar of gold or something? Or magic blade weed?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, expedition leader:
"Those slugmen are making me retch. I sent Magni and Nuckles to deal with those ugly f***ers.

The monsters appeared to be fast enough to crawl away. STAY OFF MY LAWN YOU SLIMY SCUMBAGS!

With all that stuff just lying on the ground in piles we had to appoint a bookkeeper. Nuckles is our hoardmaster now, at least for a time being. His office is in the storage area between the stockpiles.

Grim, who is our broker now, has been hunting for the giant beasts that keep appearing nearby.

He keeps grumbling something about how he shouldn't have listened to us when we offered him that job. I could simply tell him that that was a misfortune, but I can't be sure if we were not set up on purpose.
Anyway, I trust my crew.

Here's the plan for the quarters. According to it, every resident will have a bedroom and a dining room.

Nuckles's assembling the first bunch of stonefall traps. We'll need more than that.

At least, something grows here. Daria brewed some whip wine from the vines she had found before.

It's summer already. Still, it's so much to be done.

I started building a small tower for marksdwarves in case we are raid by someone.

We're coming for you, king Melbil...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:24:25 am by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44