Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67394 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The arrival in Chamberdrums (Players needed!)
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 07:30:34 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I scored a little Cut before we got run out of town, but I smoked the last of it this morning.  I'll have to ask Daria if she has any.  If not I'm going to search around and see if any Blade Weed is growing wild.  Food might be the priority for most, but I say we get a crop of the good stuff growing with a quickness.

---   ---
OOC:
I am in total agreement with the list of priorities.
Lots of trade depot drowning/melting chambers, and false entrances we can use for the goblin hostages.
Don't forget to strip the hostages of any valuables! Specifically, if you deconstruct the trade depot during a pakcing up nad leaving, you get them all w/o the tag for stealing... But then again, seizing the goods makes better for us. The other way we can say that we ended up taking their goods through a scam or something... Like a magic bar of gold or something? Or magic blade weed?

Better yet, make the trade depot able to seal off to the barracks, and use elves as training dummies.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

The Journal of Grimmash

Chapter 2 - Mountainhomecoming

Entry 4 – 1st Limestone, 126

We have arrived, and the mountainhome is more than I could have dreamed!  There are halls that go for leagues, dwarves everywhere, and workshops bustling all day and night.  I was given what the manager called “meager” quarters, but it far surpasses my old rooms.  I have copper cabinets, and even a chest of my own!  The manager said he would need to review my skills, which I found a bit disconcerting.  I could have sworn the Duke made it perfectly clear that the mountainhome asked for my skills as a cheesemaker.  I told the manager this with pride, and he just raised one extremely bushy eyebrow and wrote something on that ledger of his.

Entry 5 – 5th Limestone, 126

Terrible news diary!  I have been assigned new labors by the manager.  There must be some mistake, as he said the only thing he could find for me was the most basic work of a peasant, hauling goods around the fortress.  I pleaded with him to just show me the way to the dairyworks, and all this could be sorted out.  He snorted, and said if I was so enthusiastic, I could take some shifts in the mason’s shops as well.  I fear there has been some grave misunderstanding.

Entry 6 – 22nd Galena, 127

It’s been months of long, hard work, diary, but I’m salvaging this situation.  Like a miner caught in a cave, I am tunneling my way out.  After many months of effort with the masons, they let me begin crafting blocks instead of hauling rocks.  After many more months, they allowed me the joy of making furniture and other odds and ends.  It may only be stone, but at least it’s more than hauling rocks round and around.  The head mason even said there may be a special assignment coming for me.  Perhaps if I can do well enough, I will be granted audience with the nobles and allowed to plead the case for the dairyworks to be reopened!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

It's simple:

Kill the dwarf king
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 09:59:07 pm »

Journal of miner Firecrazy:
ENTRY #2

Things have been going good so far. Our eventual plan is to lure the king to the fortress and murder him, but I doubt the king is that dumb. For now, we're going to rob elven and human caravans, take hostages from goblin raids, and do other criminal stuff while we establish ourselves. So much for a trading outpost, hah. Im going to go dig some rooms for everyone now..

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 12:19:56 am »

The Journal of Grimmash

Chapter 3 – Ignoblesse Oblige

Entry 7 - 13th Moonstone, 127

I no longer know what it means to be a dwarf, dear diary.  I tried.  I tried at every task I was given.  But Armok must have forsaken me.  I can barely write this entry, as my arms and back are bruised so badly.  These nobles, they know nothing of good, dwarven work.  I was given the task, diary.  We were told to construct a throne for the King.  We worked hard.  We started to build a throne fit for his majesty’s frame.  But tragedy struck.  Our head stonecrafter was struck by a falling rock from one of the interminable construction projects while gathering some gems to decorate the throne.  Despite the number of dwarves in this great fortress, it feel to me to tend for the stonecrafter as he recovered.  His recovery was not to be, and he perished from the blow.  I returned to the workshop as I could, but it was too slow.  I finished the throne.  It was perfectly cut, perfectly encrusted, perfectly polished and smoothed.  A fine throne it was.  Yet apparently our wonderful king grew restless.  The deadline for his mandate has passed while I labored to save the stonecrafter, and to finish the throne.  I was found to be a criminal, no better than thieves or a snatcher.

It seems the jails of the mountainhome are too full, some great foiled heist left no room in the cells, so the Hammerer decided to dispense his own form of justice upon me.  I returned from the hospital yesterday.  My hands, once my pride, working with cheese or stone, barely move.  My body aches from each swing of the hammer.  A simple beating it seems, was not enough for the nobles here.  I am to be exiled at some point in the future.  For now, I must wait, and have been reassigned as a peasant hauler.
I will leave this mountainhome, diary.  I will find a new fortress.  And once there, I will do all I can to show these “dwarves” what a true dwarf can do.  The King will have his throne, I will see to it.  A throne as befits such a lord.  I will wait.  I will leave.  I will plan.  And I will have my revenge.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 12:28:30 am »

Since the "kill the king" bandwagon is going strong, I'll post my plan for so as to help plan this eventual regicide.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 07:21:36 am »

I threw together a few simple traps at the front door.  Gonna need better supplies before working on the fancy stuff.  Everyone is pitching in and getting things setup.  I got no problem sleeping in the dirt for a while, its nothing compared to that cell I was just in.

Monitor told me to go through and count everything.  I've got a few extra mechanisms set aside already so I'll start on that first thing tomorrow.  But first I'm going to finish fine-tuning these locks- the last thing I want is for some slug man to come slit my throat in the night.

---   ---
OOC:
I'm all for having a series of trade depots, so that we can deal with our guests in different ways.  One should even be connected to the prisoner rooms, so the goblins who wish to join our organization can do the dirty work.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:37:55 pm by Ruhn »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 09:23:12 am »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, expedition leader:
Our kingdom's called Gebardomas, or, in the modern dialect, The Lauded Guilds.

When I was a child, it seemed to me that the only career will lead me to happines and prosperity matching with those of the dwarven kings of old tales - the career of a stonecrafter. Back in those days I used to wonder around the marketplace, looking at the crafts that traders brought from everywhere. Some of those works were quite beatiful, others were nothing special. Complicated artifacts made of many materials and just simple objects of a fine quality. Crowns, amulets, bracelets, rings, scepters... Native gold and limestone. Raw adamantine and granite.

I joined a mason's guild at the age of 12. It was not something I asked for, but, at least, I was working with stone. After four years of constructing rock doors and tables the manager let me work as a stonecrafter. And I was happy.

Why am I here now? I could have been making rings and amulets back in Moutainhomes. But, instead of this' I'm digging through sandstone and dry clay in the place called Chamberdrums. Huh, I would never thought of this before.

Things are going pretty slow with all these smoothworks. If only we had more dwarves...

Migrants have arrived! Something must have happened back in Mountainhomes. Knowing our nobles, someone must have been unable to construct 5 bismuth bronze tables in time...

Three fishery workers? That's so bull***t. You must be kidding, man.

Ok, there are eight of them. Three fishery workers, one planter, one milker, one clothier and two kids. Every one exept the farmers are now construction workers.

"Why were you exiled?" - I asked their leader, a planter. - "You couldn't have come here just as usual migrants."

"There was a riot. We we protesting, because we had no jobs for a long time and the living conditions in the main quarters are awful. Those three also tried to attack manager because he called them "useless"" - He said to me, pointing at the fishery workers.

"Alright. Welcome to Chamberdrums." - I said to him.

"One more thing." - The planter rummaged through his pockets and handled me a small piece of paper. There was a line written there by a trembling hand:

"TO THE LEADER OF CHAMBERDRUMS. WE NEED MORE CHEESE."

"Is that a joke? - I asked the migrant leader.

"I don't know." - He shrugged: "Someone left it by the campfire last night. I thought it might be important."

Now we have a new bookkeeper. Nuckles can go back to making mechanisms and constructing traps.

The first rooms in our new quarters block are nearly finished. I've already started assigning rooms to the crew.

What is that? EWW IT'S A GIANT SNAIL. WHY IS LOCAL WILDLIFE SO SLIMY?

I'm going to move most of the workshops inside when we're finished with the construction of the basics.

The main entrance looks simple now, but we will change that later.

___ ___

OOC note:
By the way, I love the characters' diaries you guys have been writing so far.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:50:06 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

If you want to lure the King, you have to make this fort your civ's capitol.  All those nobles will be coming along as an entourage, each with their own mandates. (It's a zoo.)  Fortunately, once he does come, just pin all the crimes from the justice screen on him - The poor widdle king will stay in the room of rotting cheese, locked up in a prison cell, eventually starving to death unless that cell is connected to a bunkhouse with beds lining the walls and a farm plot in the center.  Add a well and assign each bed to one of the nobles who have been given the new job of "farming" - let them kill each other as mandates go ignored and the whole aristocracy eventually gives into tantrum spirals. 

Or, just make sure there are enough cells/chains for all the nobles and spread the blame a bit. Chained up, caged up, walled in and ignored - soon enough you'll have your dungeon of death.  Added benefit is that your civ will become a republic after the last noble has died. Vive la revolution!

Pluses if all this happens in a glassed-over pit so we can watch their bloody demise with satisfaction.

How do we make this our capitol?
Like this:

Robbing the caravan counts as a negative value to offerings, so that may be contrary to our interests if we really want to achieve this regicide.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:36:34 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 01:45:41 pm »

Like this:
Robbing the caravan counts as a negative value to offerings, so that may be contrary to our interests if we really want to achieve this regicide.

As the rules go, we must not rob the dwarven caravans. Everything should seem nice for them. But the list of requirements says: "5000 dorfbucks in offerings to a DWARVEN caravan.". I think the king wouldn't care if we treat elves as guests or kill them on sight.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »

Like this:

As the rules go, we must not rob the dwarven caravans. Everything should seem nice for them. But the list of requirements says: "5000 dorfbucks in offerings to a DWARVEN caravan.". I think the king wouldn't care if we treat elves as guests or kill them on sight.
I vote we kidnap the humans and kill the elves, robbing all of them beforehand
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 06:24:51 pm »

A batch of fresh fish came in today: some of whom are fisher dwarves, ironically enough.  I greeted them and chatted a few up to see if they had any extra Cut.  Not much luck there, but I did find out Ezum has done a bit of gambling in the past.  I decided to hand over the ledger, being a bookie was fun for a while but isn't my cup of Sewer Brew.

I dusted off my workbench and checked the stonefall traps.  They will help in a pinch but I would rather have a twisting funhouse of serrated disks and silver hammers.  There has been some talk about how to fleece all the caravans that are supposed to come to our 'Trading Center'.  I might help install some drawbridges, but not gonna lose any sleep over the design.  Someone like Lizard or FireCrazy can figure that out.  Speaking of which, I'm going to go see how my new crib is doing.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »

Requesting a dwarf.
Namely: A potter with no gods or living relations, who likes cats and hopefuly crossbows. Or a bower who likes pots.
Bonuses if male, has marksdwarf skill and likes being alone.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:03 pm »

Another dwarf requestion. Any skills and treats, but i'd prefer a peasant who can't live without booze and likes bears. I'm Russian, you see :)
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 03:14:25 am »

Requesting a dwarf.
Namely: A potter with no gods or living relations, who likes cats and hopefuly crossbows. Or a bower who likes pots.
Bonuses if male, has marksdwarf skill and likes being alone.
Another dwarf requestion. Any skills and treats, but i'd prefer a peasant who can't live without booze and likes bears. I'm Russian, you see :)
Added both dorfs to the list. Also updated the main page, adding Grimmash's file.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:38:54 am by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44