Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67634 times)

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

Obok's Journal, 21st of slate, year 139

News have been circulating of Chamberdrums legacy back in Mountainhome, also the king has said to have arrived. But i have not let him see my presence here.

I took the opportunity to meet with Monitor Lizard today and tell her of my dream, to which she explained an elaborate plan of revenge and fearsome treachery.
Usually nothing has a effect on me now days, but this excited me, in the name of Armok, i was actually feeling excited...

It has been years now, and i have finally accepted this place as home, ever since i named my battle axe, Ramolumid "The Euphoric Fall", i've been wanting a true home. It is funny, as you get older, how you attach significance to places and things.

This journal is my friend, and telling memories to you, my dear friend, is pleasurable beyond words. For some reason i feel like you will be read someday, by someone in a place much different then here and now.

Before i arrived at Chamberdrums, the place was already gaining a reputation for wealth and bloody battles, the king was no longer sending just criminals to die here, but sending spies as well.
When i heard of such a opportunity i applied for position of being a spy for the king.

When i met with our royal king, he was impressed with my strong fighting spirit, and many battle scars. But took a disliking to me when he was alerted to all my illegal activities in Mountainhome. I told him i would be able to fit in well, with the other criminals that were running the place, but he still dismissed me abruptly.

This made my blood boil, so i attempted to assassinate him. It was early morning when i struck, i killed two guards easily and reached the inner kings mansion, unfortunately there was a assembly of spies being processed by the king personally. They all looked very rough and when they caught sight of me lurking in the shadows they tried to apprehend me.

I had to escape quick so i leap from an open window, nearly breaking my ankle on the way down. No one jumped from the window, but ran after me taking the long way out of the front gate. By the time they tried to reach me i was gone.

This is when i decided to come to Chamberdrums.

Hearing of this plan to Cheese the king to death has made me Ecstatic, i sit here with my Bismuth Bronze Battle Axe, and feel like everything is euphorically falling into place.

Armok works in dubious ways.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

From a diary of Countess Monitor Lizard of Chamberdrums:

"The significant day has come! Today, when our haulers were moving troll bodies to the junkyard, Grim informed me that our king Melbil had arrived! I asked our broker to gather the team in our secret meeting hall and then headed to my office. A stout-looking, modestly dressed dwarf and his wife were patiently waiting for me next to my quarters doors. I greeted them as politely as I could, inviting them to my throne room. The king seemed to be pleased. He commended on our work, calling us "honest members of dwarven society". Last time I saw this face when I was in a courthouse, sitting side by side with Firecrazy, Magni, Grim, Daria, Nuckles and Rufus, my face beaten with training swords. But this time, I am not a wretched criminal - I am the Countess of Chamberdrums now.

Grim says that king Melbil has many relatives here. I think we should be merciful with them. Who knows, maybe they were meant to be confined too. Some dwarves think othervise, though. Well, we'll discuss it on our meeting.

One more thing: today Obok came to my office and told me that he had some kind of a dream about about trap we were making for the king. Rumours about that have been circulating for a long time, so I decided to tell him everything. No wonder he approved of our idea - he calls Chamberdrums his home."

I'll start a new poll about the king and his family soon.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:41:09 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has arrived! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2014, 07:35:28 am »

From the diary of Cpt. 'RoughRogue' Roomtrade

Holy Armok's dirty ass! It worked! It freakin' worked!!! We finally managed to lure the crowned bastard here - no doubt that my last offering was a final straw that broke the camel's spine. For all these years we've been dreaming of his painful death from our hands. Now the dreams are about to come true.
I was at the barracks at the moment when somebeard ran into the doors and cried: "The king is here!!". I lost my concentration at once and accidentally smashed apart the training dummy (coincidentally, it had a crown nailed to its head by somebeard as a joke).
This is the best day of my life. If all will go as it should, I'll be the drunkest and the highest dwarf in all this goddamn universe, and f**k my vow not to touch the weed anymore. If only it will go as it should...
We have cheese, lots of it, but it wasn't in the proper stockpile when I stepped down. Well, two months passed since that day, so the beards could really make it. And that slate in the upper stockpile - I've even mined out the entire slate layer nearby to make it full, but the beards didn't seem to haul stones there for some reason. And I don't know anything about mechanisms in the support pillars. What if they rusted for all these years of inactivity and won't work in the last moment?
Dammit, holy giant carp, I can't calm down. The deadline is coming. The primary target is here. The Oars of Bearing can't wait too. By Ziril and Armok, I barely hold them from the direct assassination! The fortress is waiting for the great show, not just for the chopped off crowned head.
We'll make it. The Mountainhome of Chamberdrums will be first to become anarchic. No king, no nobles... except for Lizard, of course... and no punishment for drug dealing.
By the way, about drugs. We have a test batch of crystal moss - Nuckles was going to test it on one of the caged goblins. But we can test it on the king himself! The moss powder is tasteless, it can be mixed into the food so the bastard won't suspect anything until he sees pink elephants flitting around. It would be additional fun to see his reaction before the ceiling falls. Gonna talk with Monitor about it.
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2014, 12:46:30 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
Well, we finally tricked the King into comming to this "trading outpost".  If we stick to the plan everything should be alright.  We might have to get the queen and his bodyguards into that throne room when we make our play, otherwise there could be trouble for us.  I think we should act quickly, before somedwarf starts asking to meet with our sheriff and see the prison area.  Chamberdrums never has and never will have any of that garbage, but if these authority-types find out then the front we have been working on for so long is gonna go up in smoke.  Instead of exile we might be meeting the Hammerer this time!

With all of the honest and king-loyal dwarves that have started living here the last couple years, I don't know if we can follow through with this idea of killing that sucker's entire family.  Quite a few of our gangs had to bury members in these last few fights, and recruitment is slow lately.  Dunno if we've got the numbers if this thing turns into one of those "loyalty cascades" I've heard about happening in other places over the years.

Lizard's calling a meeting soon, I'll share my thoughts and let's make this happen.  It will all be over soon, One Way or Another.

---   ---
OOC: There is a small room at the top of the throne-room trap with a backup lever.  If anyone is going to be there when the trap goes off, it should be walled off the rest of the way so the dust doesn't knock somedwarf off the ledge.

Is it safe to say that the entourage did arrive?  If we don't kill them with the king, I think they should be put into a squad and ordered to attack us in retaliation.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »

OOC: What if... we have someone take over as 'King' after the this one meet his 'fate'?

Edit:Also I believe this should be played as the current overseer active the trap for the king
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:05:23 pm by Evilsx »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2014, 06:25:29 pm »

An entourage did arrive but I didn't keep track of who they were. The trap isn't fully loaded by the way, so I may not be triggering it for some time.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2014, 06:50:58 pm »

OOC:

rofl, loving the updates. Can't believe you guys actually got the king to come!

RoughRogue's journal had me cracking up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Immortality gained!*

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2014, 09:30:00 pm »

The smoke that makes you laugh... is it what I think?:)

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:25 pm »

By the way, I am not sure if my vote was counted, because I pressed "Show results". My vote's on the first option from top.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2014, 02:27:37 am »

The smoke that makes you laugh... is it what I think?:)

Havn't been recently, but it sure does bring back good memories :D

I put the High in Highschool
*Immortality gained!*

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 14, 2014, 03:47:53 am »

An entourage did arrive but I didn't keep track of who they were. The trap isn't fully loaded by the way, so I may not be triggering it for some time.

Enough time to dig out the cells for all the dwarves who are loyal to "His Royal Highness", I'm sure though.  We need to separate those populations and fast.  I certainly hope none of the founding cabal is friends with a loyalist.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 14, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

Enough time to dig out the cells for all the dwarves who are loyal to "His Royal Highness", I'm sure though.  We need to separate those populations and fast.  I certainly hope none of the founding cabal is friends with a loyalist.

I'm with Timeless Bob, we should make obsidian statues out of the loyal king's family line... And magma is the way to do that :).
*Immortality gained!*

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 15, 2014, 01:55:25 am »

Ok, it seems that everyone has made their mind. Grim, you can now execute the king and put all his relatives in cells.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 15, 2014, 10:15:27 am »

Ok, it seems that everyone has made their mind. Grim, you can now execute the king and put all his relatives in cells.
HELL YEAH! And don't forget to describe every second of the main event in your log. I want to see as the royal bastards suffer. Saint revolutiooon!!
And could you save before it and upload the save for me, please? I've never had a king in the fortress and I've never killed nobles like that, so I wanna try.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:16 am »

From the journal of Authority2:

asdfgsdghfgasdfgasa.
ELEPHANTSELEPHANTSFDAFSAFSAFDFASDA.
!!!!!!
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44