Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67617 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has arrived! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #600 on: February 16, 2014, 10:00:12 am »

From the journal of Authority2:

asdfgsdghfgasdfgasa.
ELEPHANTSELEPHANTSFDAFSAFSAFDFASDA.
!!!!!!

This is an engraving of "Rough Rogue" the dwarf and a pink elephant. Rough Rogue is riding the pink elephant. This picture relates to the visions of "Authority2" the dwarf in Chamberdrums.

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 16, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

From the journal of Authority2:

asdfgsdghfgasdfgasa.
ELEPHANTSELEPHANTSFDAFSAFSAFDFASDA.
!!!!!!

This is an engraving of "Rough Rogue" the dwarf and a pink elephant. Rough Rogue is riding the pink elephant. This picture relates to the visions of "Authority2" the dwarf in Chamberdrums.

Obok admired a legendary engraving lately

*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:45 pm »

After this, I'm gonna take the save, "adventurize" all the named dwarves (and their squads) using DFHack and lead them to the Capitol in a grand insurrection!  (Also, I'll use "Overseer 0.7" to make maps of the fortress and the path to the Capitol, so everyone can follow our journey in "real time" and actually tread the halls in 1st person that has seen such glorious history. (Unfortunately, Overseer just uses constructions and landscapes in it - no animals, people, items or furniture.  Still, It's a fun perspective.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 17, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »

After this, I'm gonna take the save, "adventurize" all the named dwarves (and their squads) using DFHack and lead them to the Capitol in a grand insurrection!  (Also, I'll use "Overseer 0.7" to make maps of the fortress and the path to the Capitol, so everyone can follow our journey in "real time" and actually tread the halls in 1st person that has seen such glorious history. (Unfortunately, Overseer just uses constructions and landscapes in it - no animals, people, items or furniture.  Still, It's a fun perspective.)

With what I'm planning there may not be enough named dwarves left for that.

I'll have an update up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow, I'd have had one up sooner but I've been busy with little tests, a new RPG and other stuff.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:37 pm »

You planning on making this a Pyrrhic celebration?  Drop the entire fortress into magma, leaving only the kingtrap and cells remaining or something? (How very Bugs Bunny)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:30 pm »

You planning on making this a Pyrrhic celebration?  Drop the entire fortress into magma, leaving only the kingtrap and cells remaining or something? (How very Bugs Bunny)

Nothing so elaborate. I'm still deciding quite what to do, but I think I can make it Fun no matter what.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 17, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »

Aw.  Empress Daria will become "Daria Downer" (nickname), "Depressed Debutante" (title) if she survives this.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:21 am »

Nothing so elaborate. I'm still deciding quite what to do, but I think I can make it Fun no matter what.

Does it have something to do with the candy spire? Like, Grand Sweet-shop Heist or something?

Also, could you share the current save with us?

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 18, 2014, 07:42:13 am »

Can do.

Save shortly after kings arrival: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8430

Since I'm trying to do this in a very story driven way I'm trying to track down every relative of the king. For some reason Maskwolf is being flagged as the Aunt of his grandkids. I'll do some digging and find the exact relation. Though it may well be that there are more loyalists than rebels in the fort.

Right, I've worked it out. Maskwolf's brother married the King's daughter.

I think RoughRogue is related to the royal family as well. His uncle was the kings son in law. Maskwolf is his Aunt.

That seems to be all for relatives to the kings heirs. (Excluding the vast hordes of unnamed relations)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:16:50 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 18, 2014, 06:30:09 pm »

Journal of Grim of Chamberdrums

21st Slate
I have sent out an order to step up the loading of the trap. With the king here we haven't much time. We have made a verdict and I will carry it out no matter my misgivings.

I spent much of today watching the king meet his extended family here. It was a touching scene, though I allowed it mostly to distract the old man. To further the illusion of welcome I am having some rooms dug out for him near the trap.

I feel... relaxed. In a way I haven't for quite some time. I spent a little while cutting gems yesterday. It was nice.

16th Felsite
A caravan of Elves arrived today. The King went out to speak with them, I accompanied him of course. He was the very picture of friendliness. I stood there, crossbow in hand, as he chatted amiably to the Elves. I could taste a tang in the air... My hands felt slick and my heart thundered in my ears as I stared at one of the elves. The soft pulse of the veins in his forehead. The jugular in his neck.

I snapped. My hands whirled about my crossbow. I loosed a bolt. The Elf dropped gurgling. Blood sprayed. Screams. Cries. The sound of my squad loosing bolts into the traders. The king's face as he stood there shocked.

I turned to him and coldly told him to go to his throne room while we cleaned up. One of the wounded Elves reached out to grab his leg. I crushed it's skull with my crossbow. To think I nearly lost myself to my old ways.

17th Felsite
As midnight struck we stood gathered around the shaft at the top of the king's throne room. No hoods. No masks. No disguises. Nothing but the smell of that insufferable weed. The wretches around here really need to quit that habit.

As one we turned to look at the Countess. Our leader. The one who was ultimately responsible for several of us being here. Not that it mattered anymore. Each of us had been bought and sold, one way or another, since we first came here. Not one of us was who we were originally.

We conversed for a while. I do not remember what was said. Only the final words. Monitor silenced us with a wave.

'It is time, time for revenge.'

We could hear the king pacing in the room below us. It had been locked behind him hours ago. He had yelled for a while. He gave up on that eventually.

With trembling hands I reached towards a lever. The enormity of this kill, the value of the blood I was about to spill, it made my heart sing.

I seized the lever. I pulled.

A creak.A crash. A roar. The sound of falling rock, clanging metal, tinkling gemstones. In the midst of the tempest of noise and dust: A scream.

I turned, brushed past the others, pelted down the stairs like a man possessed. I flung apart the doors to the kings chamber and beheld the fruits of a decades labour.

The blood of a monarch stains gold so bright on this schemer's night.

18th Felsite
I have decided, in light of the change in management, that we are going to retake the caverns from the monsters we have allowed to roam within. As I cannot make heads not tails of the passages already around the caverns I am having a new one dug down into them. We Dwarves are free to go where we please and no beast from before time has the right to stop that. I will see our halls painted with their blood before I bow to them.

22nd Felsite
I was walking through a hallway and heard some babbling from the other side of a wall. When I asked about it I was told that the mayor was kept locked on the far side due to him being a vampire. I had the wall removed and the door was immediately flung open by a wild eyed figure gibbering like a fool. I suspect that his mind has broken from his captivity.

14th Hematite
 I have begun the creation of a new project. One that will shake the very foundations of the earth. I only hope it is complete before anyone realizes what I am doing.

17th Hematite
A forgotten beast rose against us from the depths today. It was dispatched by just two of our soldiers and killed only some pathetic bonecarver, His blood stains the walls around the tunnel mouth from which the beast emerged. Even now as I gather more of our soldiers there I hear more of the monsters gathering, like rats around a drainage pipe.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:51:20 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:11 pm »

Obok's Journal

17th Felsite

The twisted screams of pleasure raced through the stone walls and danced within our ears, the moment has come, and the king has perished.

It has been years since i tried to assassinate that royal rat, but today has been very satisfying indeed. Prickle Berry Wine, by the mugful!

17th Hematite

We have struck the earth, once again. We are digging deeper, and a forgotten beast was slayed just today. It's distorted shape and vile innards now repaint the walls around us. My only woe was i did not get the final blow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC:
Art was created by boblea, of deviantart
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:19:08 pm by PlayingGood »
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:42 am »

From the diary of Countess Monitor Lizard:

""It's time. Time for revenge." - I said with passion. Almost everyone nodded, although I notised Maskwolf wasn't too exited about this. Some other dwarves also frowned at my words. Grimmash looked ecstatic.

When I met king Melbil, I was... Surprised. I couldn't believe that we were going to kill that modest dwarf. For a moment, I hesitated. But then I realised that I had no choise. It did not matter who pulled the lever. Fate of the king was no longer in my hands. There was no way back...

Grim was the one who did it. He has almost certainly gone mad. He sends the grunts to deal with Forgotten Beasts which are roaming in the caves. Something is  going on. I'm not sure yet, but it seems to have something to do with fell beasts of the depth.

For all this years, I was living in Chamberdrums, but maybe it's time to leave this place? I hid a bag of gold coins in my room... You know what? F**k this place! I'm gonna grab a couple of adamantine wafers and buy myself a large-ass castle. Countess Monitor Lizard, you say? More like big boss Monitor Lizard..."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:03:51 am by Monitor Lisard »

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:42 am »

Frm teh dairy of RoghRogg teh frekin' happy dorf
Wheeeew it ws just as I imagnd. All of us stood neer teh lever taht shuld releze all stuff we broguht dawn to king Mill Bill or wuts his name. Montrrr, Gtim, Daria, aunt Makwolf and oters, eevn nukles meneged to crawl domn hre. Th basttrad ylled sumtin but Grim puld de triggr and i becme deef form all tis noise. The room was runid and ther waz a pile of all teh stuf we loded to srockpils. And a pool of blod ander it.
Time t serebrate! I get me weed end me bzze end teh critsal moss nukclez gave me
(remaining part of the diary is filled with unreadable signs)
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 19, 2014, 02:52:39 am »

Mmmm. 
I can just feel the last bit of satisfaction - the King is dead, long live... The Empress!
Countess Monitor Lisard looks ready to leave, Maskwolf can see the way cleared before her - Dowager Aunt of nobility is the closest to the old bloodline in legitimacy for my purposes.  Soon enough, my Assasins will steal into the old seat of power and make right all the old wrongs - let there be poison, bloodshed, violence and fell laughter, for the Empress Daria, Deathmaiden, is ready to rule!

"So..." She looks about her with a quirk of eyebrow and a smirk, "You guys ready for some REAL fun?"

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44