Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 66378 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has arrived! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #615 on: February 19, 2014, 03:37:52 am »

Am working to clear out or beast infestation and clean up junk.

Does it mean getting rid of witnesses and flooding the fortress with magma?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:51:54 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has arrived! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #616 on: February 19, 2014, 04:41:23 am »

Am working to clear out or beast infestation and clean up junk.

Does it mean getting rid of witnesses and flooding the fortress with magma?

I am building something destructive, but magma, water, clowns and forgotten beasts aren't part of it. I want to cause a lot of destruction in one huge burst of death. I intend to wound the planet itself. Cleaning up junk is just to improve FPS.

I actually stepped up the kings death because I realized that he had a very high chance of dying at new years if anyone's interested. The guy was old.

EDIT: Slipped some screenshots of the kings demise into my journal entry.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:55:36 am by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has been killed!(Players are welcome!)
« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2014, 10:41:14 am »

That would have been Hilarious! All that work to assassinate the King and he doddles off into death peacefully in his sleep.  A few of us would've split a gasket in outrage! LOL...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has fallen!(Players are welcome!)
« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:54 pm »

Nicely done.  I will try to get a journal entry up.  I am so happy to see my trap enacted :).

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 19, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
17 Felsite
I'm proud to say that the machinery worked, even after sitting for all these years.  That's a job well done, if I do say so myself! 

24 Felsite
I saw that vampire loose in the streets today!  How did he escape?  I would have killed him right there, but there were too many witnesses around.  Maybe I can open a contract with Daria's crew to take care of this loose end.

18 Hematite
That fool Grim is letting those beasts into the hideout!  It's enough work keeping our turf secure from those gobbos, what's up with his need to fight these monsters too?  I need a smoke.

Much better.  So I dig out these traps for the monsters and nobody uses them- nice glass wall and everything.  And there's nothing in the caverns worth stealing, and we already got all kinds of drugs and weapons to smuggle.  The Tarot Card lady says there are a few more beasts roaming around still.  I'm not fireproof, and I've heard stories about what their blood and spit can do to a dwarf.  If our gangs get torn up by these things I'm gonna be sure Grim pays with his life.  I'll pass the order on to my squad, in case I'm one of the unlucky suckers that bites it.

---   ---
OOC:
So every close relative and all memebers of the entorage are dead?
Nuckles is still hell bent on seeing the vampire die.  He isn't happy with Grim for letting him out, or for pushing our gangs into fighting forgotten beasts.  If anything bad happens give his squad a kill order on Grim.

@Bob: Will Daria accept a contract on the vampire Mayor?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:34 pm »

So every close relative and all memebers of the entorage are dead?
Nuckles is still hell bent on seeing the vampire die.  He isn't happy with Grim for letting him out, or for pushing our gangs into fighting forgotten beasts.  If anything bad happens give his squad a kill order on Grim.

@Bob: Will Daria accept a contract on the vampire Mayor?

Haven't dealt with all outstanding relatives yet. Plan to put them into my project when it's done.

The vampire isn't mayor anymore, he's insane. Worn clothing and mandates left unfulfilled has driven him mad.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:00 pm »

A mad vampire? Sounds interesting.
...and then Urist saw a familiar silhouette in the darkness of the tunnel. Olon Glowedbasements, the mayor, the ex-mayor, stood before her with a strange look in his eyes and his long sharp fangs exposed in a strange foolish smile. He had no clothes on him, coated only in his long untrimmed beard.
''No way! No way, you must be sealed in your room!'' Urist whispered in terror. The cursed dwarf looked at her ununderstandingly and said something like ''blahbluhbleh, uh?''. ''A vampire language?'' Urist thought,  backing away.
''C'mon, Olon, move ye mad ass!'' a familiar voice shouted behind her. Urist shuddered and looked back to see RoughRogue, moving towards the creepy figure of the vampire without a trace of fear.
''Hello Urist. What's up? You look... strange. Have you had a smoke recently?''
''T...this dw...vampire...'' Urist stammered, confused.
RoughRogue laughed.
''He's not dangerous anymore. He went crazy in his prison. Now look!''
She raised her axe and swung it right before the mad dwarf's eyes. He didn't even wink, continuing to smile and babbling something like a baby.
''C'mon, Urist. Let's get some booze or... something else.''
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 19, 2014, 11:32:07 pm »

Obok's Journal, sinister thoughts

I cannot stop dwelling on it!! I cannot.

That bonecarver must die...

No wait...

I Know what i can do!

Journal, my friend, my solace in this grave home of mine... May i find triumph!!

OOC:

Obok is requesting a glorious death. If you would be so Armok, as to have him attack a forgotten beast single-handily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artwork once again credited to Boblea of deviantart
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 21, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »

I hate to ask, but some stuff has come up that will delay me finishing my turn by a few days (I know we have no listed time limit, but I tend to assume two weeks), can I have an extension or should I post up what I've got so far?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »

I hate to ask, but some stuff has come up that will delay me finishing my turn by a few days (I know we have no listed time limit, but I tend to assume two weeks), can I have an extension or should I post up what I've got so far?

Definitely not up to me, but if it was a vote, i'd give you the extension!

Also, if you can't find time to orchestrate obok's glorious battle for triumph or death, don't sweat it.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 21, 2014, 08:50:41 pm »

"You can do everything you set your mind to, man"(c)
If it won't long for a couple of years, of course.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 22, 2014, 08:48:00 am »

Of cousre, you can have it. Take your time.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2014, 04:07:44 pm »

I'll have an update soon, though I'm getting a bit annoyed by a bug that's stopping me from toggling labors off. Someone set several named dorfs to do stuff like plant and mine/cut wood and I can't get them to stop. It caused Grimmash to run into the caverns and get brutalized by a beast and I can't get Grim to do anything I want him to because he won't stop planting seeds.

EDIT:Journal

19th Hematite
Two beasts from the caverns are slain. Blood lies thick on the ground around the tunnel mouth from which they emerged. I was informed that several of the people who had been present when the first beast to rise to my bait attacked have been taken to hospital showing signs of ill health. I wandered along to look and found that each of them was a deep blue-black with bruising, their eyes blinded by blood flooding the tissues and a foul reek emanating from them as they void their stomachs. It is fortunate that few of us were in contact with the beast.

23rd Hematite
A beast rose from the depths today, gouts of flame and screams of rage boiling from it. We cut it down without mercy.

I was checking the progress of my project today as well. I fear Grimmash may be working out what it is for. He has been reading the blueprints in a great deal of detail and has been asking uncomfortable questions lately. I think I shall have to send him somewhere out of the way. Maybe gathering wood in the caves... Yes... Let the beasts handle my problem for me.

28th Hematite
A band of wanderers decided to brave our bloody halls. They bowed their heads and muttered among themselves when I greeted them. They know to fear a predator as powerful as me.

10th Hematite
Part of the upper halls have caught fire! I do not know who or what started this blaze, but when I find out I will put a bolt between their ribs!

18th Hematite
One of our doctors came to me today and said that some of our patients afflicted by the bruising toxin died today, he says they bled into their body cavities and died.

21st Malachite
That wretch Daria took her squad into the caverns to flush out beasts today! Against my orders! What's worse is that they found that fool Grimmash still alive down there. He's badly wounded, but yet lives. I must find some way to silence him before he can reveal what I'm doing to the rest of the fort.

6th Galena
I cannot risk anyone finding out... I must silence Grimmash, and anyone else who knows... What if he told his wife? I could be ruined. She must be biding her time, waiting to reveal my plans. Yes, I must silence her too. My crossbow. My crossbow will do... First her, then him, but I must be careful, lest the others discover.

14th Galena
Humans have arrived. They want to trade with us. Hah, we shall see how long they hold onto that desire when riddled with bolts.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:12:54 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »

Oh yeah. A paranoid dwarf with some kind of conspiracy, classics of the succession fort genre. I wonder if there is a special mad conspirator dwarven school somewhere, and its graduates are allocated to each and every fort.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2014, 06:46:06 pm »

Oh yeah. A paranoid dwarf with some kind of conspiracy, classics of the succession fort genre. I wonder if there is a special mad conspirator dwarven school somewhere, and its graduates are allocated to each and every fort.

I shall sunder the vaults of heaven and split the flesh of the earth. All shall quake at what I bring and the ground shall tear in my wake.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44