Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 66375 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The king has fallen!(Players are welcome!)
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2014, 08:25:25 pm »

Oh poor dorf me.  Undone by the vagaries of programming.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 26, 2014, 03:14:04 am »

I shall sunder the vaults of heaven and split the flesh of the earth. All shall quake at what I bring and the ground shall tear in my wake.
Man, I told ye not to smoke my blade weed! It's a special sort of the greatest stuff that blows your head off instantly. It's too strong for newbies like you. It's too strong even for me!
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 26, 2014, 06:04:39 am »

Oh yeah. A paranoid dwarf with some kind of conspiracy, classics of the succession fort genre. I wonder if there is a special mad conspirator dwarven school somewhere, and its graduates are allocated to each and every fort.

I shall sunder the vaults of heaven and split the flesh of the earth. All shall quake at what I bring and the ground shall tear in my wake.

"Grim, dear, could you help me?  My power mining and terraforming general plan seems to be missing and...

...Grim?"
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56:10 am »

Between the jobs assigning bug and the sheer amount of hauling going on, plus the low framerate I'm getting it takes forever to get anything done in this nightmarish labyrinth. Seriously, Grimmash has been on my death list for the better part of a season and he still isn't dead.

I suppose I should ask if anyone minds their dorf dying in my project? It's a bit of an imprecise weapon so I have no idea who'll die in the culmination but I can try to keep people out of the way if desired.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:58:11 am by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 27, 2014, 07:18:41 pm »

Keep Daria out please, she wants to gather everyone who survives to make a Pyrrhic march on the capitol to found a dynasty that will last a thousand years. 
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 28, 2014, 04:45:07 am »

"Mne vsyo po...", as it's said in Russia. I don't care if you're gonna slay Rogue, but at least let her die as a hero. A drunk hero, maybe. Send her to lower caves to protect the mountainhome from those weird creatures or let her mine out the last adamantine layer. Or try to break the next undead siege  with a dwarven bridgepult loaded with totally trashed Rogue yelling WAAAAGH while landing on a necromancer. Or... or... f**k, pour some magma in her apartment!

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2014, 02:30:35 pm »

Ugh, my project didn't work. No mass collapses or anything. Think I built it in the wrong place. All that happened when I finished it was an access stairway collapsed and a brick landed on Grim's head.

I'll have my turn done for Tuesday, as it is I've barely managed to get anything done since the hauling just won't stop. Good news is that the refuse stockpiles are pretty much empty.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2014, 12:17:46 am »

LOL! PTW

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2014, 01:45:41 am »

Dorf!Firecrazy drowned in magma. Dorf!Grimmash was probably killed by a falling object. Man, the irony...

It would be even stranger if dorf!Grim got shot with a bolt, dorf!Daria - stabbed by a random thief and dorf!Nuckles - killed by a trap.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:58:46 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:58 am »

So, who's next? Lizard, would you go for another intermission with your disappearance in final?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 03, 2014, 05:19:10 am »

So, who's next? Lizard, would you go for another intermission with your disappearance in final?

I think it's time to wrap this game up. We had a good run, with our criminal masterminds archieving their final goal.

Grim, can you upload the save after you'll have finished your turn? I'll make dorfs abandon the fortress and look through the legends. I guess it's time to end characters' storylines.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2014, 07:00:16 am »

Yes, like all great movies, we should have a final series of scenes that tell what each surviving character did after the game ends - call it "the denoument".

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2014, 07:10:13 am »

So does that mean you killed me with a brick?

Infection got you actually. Was just before I finished building the power miner annoyingly, I was going to narrate a fight scene where Grimmash fought Grim on the construction sight only for them to die simultaneously as it was finished.

I think it's time to wrap this game up. We had a good run, with our criminal masterminds achieving their final goal.

Grim, can you upload the save after you'll have finished your turn? I'll make dorfs abandon the fortress and look through the legends. I guess it's time to end characters' storylines.

Yeah, I think it best to end here. There's not much more we can do narratively. Grim's insane and dead, RR is contentedly stoned I believe, Monitor is now the last of the decadent aristocracy in the fort and most of us are nigh-unkillable butchers.

I'll put the save up as part of my final journal. Though the last few entries may be written from the perspective of some random in the fort. Think I know who to pick for that.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2014, 10:18:57 am »

Damn.  I wish it had been murder.  That would have been poetic justice for turning to the path of revenge.  But I suppose being killed due to a brick to the head is also fitting, given the trap I designed.

If only it had been a brick of cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44