Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67357 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The arrival in Chamberdrums (Players needed!)
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:20 am »

AngleDark peered down from his tower post, spitting a sizable glob of mucus over the edge, there was an audible 'glop' as it hit the ground ten stories below. Today was an important day, there would be no going back, even now the raiders were deep in the dungeons eeking ever closer to the kings treasures. A muffled 'boom' escaped the fortress interior, then again, and once more, the church of [~some diety here~] was ringing their bell, that was the signal to start. Though it was low out here, the sounds of the bell reverberated all throughout the mountainhall interior, from the forges to the dining hall, there was no one unaware of its presence.

AngleDark laid his crossbow on the fortification, and loaded it with a well-crafted copper bolt, encrusted with chrysoberyl. Three months ago his mates raided the gem stores and collected a good bounty, but there weren't nearly enough buyers to get all the gems out, at the time the solution seemed simple, hide the gems, that's when AngleDark learned gem setting. In the past month AngleDark became obsessed with the mining, cutting, and setting of gems, rumors spread around the barracks that each and every of his bolts had a different color gem encrusted upon it, AngleDark could not stop thinking about the other gems still stored in the hideout.

The plan was for AngleDark to make a distraction, by feigning berserker and shooting the guards along the outer gates, but as he gazed into the chrysoberyl now suspended upon a string, he could only think of the vast stores of gems he could be using. He fired. A shriek pierced the sky as a small creature with floppy ears fell over. AngleDark yelled to the other guardsman.

"Hey Urist! That makes five!"

Urist shrugged.

Why am I telling you this? Because there is no honor among thieves my friend, but that runs both ways. The raiders in the kings dungeon were desperate to keep their lives after being captured, and expunged my name to the king, I don't blame them. As I was having the living shit beat out of me, I could only think about the horde of gems still unencrusted, perhaps it was my mind attempting to think of anything but the pain, perhaps, I was going fey, as they call it.

But anyway, now I'm locked in a room near the outer gatehouse, being watched over in the same towers I used to inhabit, there's a bunch of other blokes in here, chained up, supposedly they were also 'involved' but I swear I've never seen half of em in me life. The duke himself came down and gave us a big ol' speech, from a safe distance, smug bastard. They were sending us to this place called ChamberDrums, sounds dreadful, but I'll take it over being hunted down by the still free members of our gang...

*ahem*

Sign me up for a turn.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, 03:47:34 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
Another batch of new faces arrived today, and these look more like the criminals I'd expect to be sent out here.  I didn't recognize most, but one of the thug soldiers was scowling at me pretty hard.  Maybe I stole something from his crew once?  And another... looks familar now.  I'll have to re-introduce myself later, I think I did a job with her a few years back.

Lizard called us for a special meeting, we all sat down in a circle and I was SURE we were going to start smoking some Blade to celebrate recent success.  To my disappointment, we were shown some blueprints instead.  FireCrazy's plan looks pretty good, he wants to flood the depot and wash all the stuff down into a pit.  No surprise there, he did something similar in the royal mines a while back.  Who know what kind of plates and floodgates that will take to drain and sort the goods.  A drawbridge should work to seal off the top.  Looks like plenty of honest work is lined up- it's like I've gone legit or something!

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »

The Journal of Grimmash

Chapter 2 – Dwarfus Interruptus

Entry 8 – 22nd Moonstone, 127

I’ve been in this cell for at least two months, waiting for my new “home” to be decided.  Most of the recent criminals have been sent to some new backwater called “Chamberdrums” under the guise of founding a new trade depot.  Perhaps, if Armok decides to show me some favor, I’ll be sent there.  The nobles assume the fledgling fortress will fail but I’ve heard talk of how close many of those exiled convicts came to pulling off their various plans.  Letting the prisoners create their own society far from the watchful eyes of the Mountain home sounds like a delightful opportunity to enact my revenge.

It even seems they sent the entire crew that filled this dank jail.  It seems a funny twist of fate that those who helped break my loyalty to the King and caused me such pain could be my new brothers in labor.  There is a certain beauty that those whose actions led to my hammering may also be those who help me deliver retribution.  I can only hope that if I am exiled to Chamberdrums these dwarves share my resentment.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 12:04:28 pm »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, expedition leader:
I've been thinking of involving the migrants in our "business". The crew lost three dwarves back in the mountainhome, so now we need to bring new members into our team. I checked the list of current residents. Two of our newcomers particularly attracted my interest: RoughRogue, our engraver and Spazbot, who is a spearman and woodcutter. i might talk to them later.

We've started excavating a tunnel for the FireCrazy's Trade depot project. I discussed the engineering side of the construction with Nuckles - he's finished building the first bridge a few days ago.

FireCrazy and I were digging through clay and sandstone under the future trading site when suddenly our miner stopped swinging his pick and stood still with astounded look on his face.
- What happened? - I came closer to him. He pointed at the wall.
- Look closer, Lizard.

We found gold. I gave FireCrazy an astonished look. He said joyfully:
"I wouldn't mind having a fancy golden cabinet in my quarters."

Later that day I had a meeting with the outpost liason. I barely listened to him, and when he asked what goods we would like to request, I replied "Everything, including more cheese." I think he was satisfied with that answer.

After that we discussed our export agreement. Here's the list of the goods they want there in the Mountainhome.

Traders gathered their goods, and headed back to the Mountainhome, leaving behing random goods scattered across the trade depot. A kobold tried to steal something, but got caught by the caravan guard and was killed.

I asked Magni and Nuckles to construct a smelter and a wood burner so we can start smelting gold ingots.

The construction of our new trade depot is still going. We are now constructing walls and fortifications there.

And yes, we found more gold deeper in ground! Now it's a vein, not a cluster.

The channel around the trade depot can be accessed from the barraks. We found the first batch of gold there.

Some crazy-ass beastlike guy appeared on top of the hill and mauled a tame lama. I ordered residents to hide behind the wall while soldiers grabbed wheir weapons ready to beat the shit outta this f***er.

He rushed towards the gates, but then he transformed into a goblin and stopped. Oh, so ye come in like a f***ing tornado, crushing everything you see... And now you're running away. SCREW YOU, GREEN ASSHOLE!

When other caravans arrive, we'll show those bureaucrats from the Mountinhome what it means to the word "rich". We've constructed a new trade depot... From a solid gold!

Wait, what's that noize? WE ARE UNDER ATTACK! RAISE THE BRIDGE! PULL THE F***ING LEVER ALREADY!

The dead walk! I ordered melee soldiers to gather next to the entrance, and marksdwarves to stay at the tower.

The corpses are approached the tower. We started shooting at them, wasting our ammo as the necromancer, who apparently was nearby, could easily raise the bodies again.

Spring has arrived. We're currently under lockdown, though the necromanser somehow managed to raise horse's hair and yak's skin or some other dead animals' bodyparts that lay in the butchery. Those were struck down by the traps and have remained motionless since then.

The soldiers are positioned near the entrance, ready to charge at the enemy.

I managed to take a peek at the necromanser from the tower. He's a dwarf, and it really infuriates me.

We tried to shoot him, but he was too far, and we were low on ammo.

I'm tired of being a fortress overseer. The previous year was pretty eventful, and I think it's time for me to take a break. Let the dwarves of Chamberdrums choose their next leader.

I'll upload the save in a while.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:38:15 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Chamberdrums besieged! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 03:10:57 pm »

Whats the CMD look like? I may take them...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

Sign me up to the players list.
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »

Looks like I can expect a Fun year as overseer.

Gold, corpses, werebeasts and thieves. Sounds like my kind of place.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 07:02:46 pm »

From the diary of 'RoughRogue' Mosusnish

Can't remember what was the name of that strange dorf back in M-home, but his weed was as awesome as his booze! Uh, that was pretty cool and pretty realistic trip. I almost believe that I really was in the caravan leading to the outpost of whatchamacallit... Drumbass? Bassdrums? Er... Somethin' related to the drums I guess. There were some goblins on the way and someone smashed'em to the dirt, maybe it was me. After arrival to that Drumstuff fortress I had been made an engraver and even got own room and tools and stuff... and then... then... WAIT WHAT?!! Wasn't it a trip? Aw carp, where am I?
They say it's local outpost of Chamberdrums and they've never heard 'bout my formal home. Shit shit shit shit... I need a drink. Or weed, that'd be better.
But wha... Where's that wonderful smell comin' from? It's not a dream, they must have some goddamn Blade here! Heh heh, looks like I got a nice new home...
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2013, 03:15:41 am »

Journal of Miner Firecrazy
Entry #5

We struck gold while mining out the pits for the cage traps! This must mean good luck for the depot we're building. In fact, we're building the trade depot out of the gold to show the traders our wealth. Plus, a kobold must have heard about our wealth and decided to steal something. Luckily, the caravan guards managed to take care of him easily.

Entry #6

Whoa whoa, what? Some kind of crazy beast decided to destroy everything and then turn into a goblin and run away. I haven't heard if we managed to catch him or not.. Wait, what is that noise?

Entry #7

ZOMBIES?! You have to be kidding me. The dead! I did not expect them at all. The whole fortress was immediately mobilized and the marksdwarves on the tower started shooting at the undead as they came by. I tried to tell them to shoot at the necromancer, not the mindless zombies, since they can easily be revived by the necromancer. Idiots! Some skin and hair started to come alive in the butchery, but our cage traps took care of them pretty fast. I should start thinking of countermeasures to combat the undead... But for now, we're going to try and kill the necromancer.

Entry #8

The necromancer is a dwarf! Maybe we could negotiate.. After all, we're criminals too, and we hate the king. If not, we could try to capture him. Learn the secrets of life and death from him and stuff. I'm thinking we use the trade depot traps, but I don't think those are completed. Also, apparently Lizard is tired of being fortress overseer and wants to resign. Are you serious? We're still in the middle of a necromancer emergency, in case you haven't forgotten..

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:35 am »

Catapult practice anybody?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »

Here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8095

Notes to the future overseer:
1. All the dwarves are currently at the main burrow. You can turn off the alert because the bridge is now up, and we should gather the bones that lay next to the door outside.
2. We're out of bolts. You should make more of them.
3. There's a hole in the ground near the hospital. It leads to the aquifier, so you can build a well above it.
4. It might be a good idea to dig more rooms for the future migrants.
5. Please, dorf Aseaheru and Maskwolf.

Whats the CMD look like? I may take them...

Sorry, I just did not understand the question the first time. :) You want to see chief medical dwarf's stats and description, right? Here's his file (A picture o him included). :)

He hasn't been dorfed yet, so you can take him.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 01:40:50 pm »

I've got the save, it's working and I'll have an update sometime tonight or tomorrow.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »

Who are his gods? I may take him.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

Wait, does this mean that there are dwarves in the fortress that are unclaimed?  Because I'll probably just scrap my idea and use one of the dwarves currently there if that's the case.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 03:14:38 am »

Who are his gods? I may take him.

I'll try to post the screenshots this evening.

Wait, does this mean that there are dwarves in the fortress that are unclaimed?  Because I'll probably just scrap my idea and use one of the dwarves currently there if that's the case.

They're a lot of those, actually. Unless Grim Portent opened the gates and let the corpses party inside.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44