Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67590 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Chamberdrums besieged! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 06:55:22 am »

What are the unnamed dwarves?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 09:36:59 am »

They're a lot of those, actually. Unless Grim Portent opened the gates and let the corpses party inside.  :)

I have a strict 'No shirt, No shoes, No skin, No service.' policy.  :P

Helps keep out the undead. And many a forgotten beast.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cyatica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 11:18:30 am »

If the medical dwarf is still open, please dorf me  :D

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 11:43:26 am »

I'm afraid I already gave the CMD to Aseaheru, but if we get a migrant with medical skills I'll dorf you as a second doctor.

For some bloody stupid reason every dwarf with 'No Job' keeps running to the Trade Depot and being scared by zombies.  ???

EDIT: Update on the forts progress. Played through to summer so far, killed the necromancer by what amounted to dumb luck and have started to renovate the bedrooms with gold. I may need to reorganise the workshops a bit since the layout isn't fantastic, smelters are a long way from ore stockpiles and the like.

5th Granite
The current undead crisis is putting everyone on edge, Lizard has stepped down from leadership and I am unsure of what to do, the others have been asking me what I think we should do. I was a trader not a manager! I don't know how to manage a fort. Still, I suppose I must try at the very least. First things first we need to get our Marksdwarves inside and off that tower, our bolts are running low and the necromancer is too far away to shoot.

10th Granite
I decided to grab my crossbow and check on the undead presence from the tower. Much to my surprise the necromancer began to wander over as I took a few potshots at his minions. Before he could work his foul magics I loosed a shot and struck him in the leg. After he collapsed I fired a few more shots at him until he stopped struggling. I think I killed him... I killed another dwarf... It felt... Good. It felt really good.

23rd Granite
I noticed that we have a hole dug into the aquifer but we lack a well with which to draw water from it. I asked the masons to deal with that.

6th Slate
I took a look down in the mines today. I think the gold veins extend far beyond what we have mined. I ordered the Firecrazy to dig out more gold. I think we could do far better for our bedrooms than clay and rock if we find enough.

19th Slate
The necromancer may be dead but his servants still roam near our walls. I feared that another foul wizard was roaming nearby at first, bit none of the fallen undead have risen since their master was killed, so my fears appear unfounded.

27th Slate
In light of the continuing siege I have decided to focus on organising our food production. I had a room dug out for kitchens and farmers workshops next to the food stockpile and told the others to get down to planting our stocks of seeds in the farms.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:01:35 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2013, 12:52:40 pm »

They're a lot of those, actually. Unless Grim Portent opened the gates and let the corpses party inside.  :)

I have a strict 'No shirt, No shoes, No skin, No service.' policy.  :P

Helps keep out the undead. And many a forgotten beast.

Sounds like a signature. I added this to our new section, "quotes". :D By the way, if you've already killed that necromanser, you may build a lot of stonefall traps next to the bridge and then let the undead inside. 

If the medical dwarf is still open, please dorf me  :D

As you see, we've already given Aseaheru this dwarf , but if he changes his mind, we may dorf you as the chief medical dwarf. If not, you can choose another from the list below or wait for a migrant with medical profession. Anyway, I updated the dorfing list.

Who are his gods? I may take him.

Here are his deities:

What are the unnamed dwarves?

I've made a list of the unnamed dwarves:

A woodcutter-hammerdwarf (male)
A mason (female)
A clothier (male)
A butcher-hammerdwarf (female)
A planter (female)
A bookkeeper (male)
A farmer-marksdwarf (female)
Three dwarven children (female)

You can take one of those if you wish.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:07:11 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Cyatica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

Hmm...I'll be the mason then :D  Thanks!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »

I 'll take the marksdwarf.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2013, 06:17:17 pm »

Looking through the now abandoned room, you find a small, leather bound book laying on top of the cabinet.  Curious, you pick it up and begin to read:

17 Sandstone
When I arrived at this fortress, seeking refuge from my pursuers, I never thought that I would have to stoop this low.  They made me work as a farmer.  A FARMER.  They get a highly skilled marksdwarf and decide to treat me like a lowly peasant.  Had there not been witnesses, I would have shot the bastard in the head then and there, like I did with the guard captain.  Now that man, he was a real bastard.  He wanted me to train the peasantry to use crossbows.  ME!  HE WANTED ME TO TRAIN THEM! THEY CAN FIGURE OUT THEIR OWN WAYS TO FIRE A CROSSBOW, DO NOT DEMEAN ME BY RELEGATING ME TO THE RANK OF TRAINER!  Though I suppose that was what landed me in this place, he deserved to die.  I will have my revenge, Lizard!

This is followed by several entries grumbling about farming, but nothing significant.  You turn the page.

21 Obsidian
Three days ago, I awoke to the sound of the fort in uproar and the head marksdwarf, Grim, yelling at me to "get up off my lazy ass and fight!"  I rushed to the tower to find a horde of undead sitting below our walls.  This was what it was all about?  Just get a couple axedwarves out there and cut them to pieces.  How hard can it be?  But perhaps this was my chance.  My chance to shine.  My chance to prove my greatness to all the scum that inhabit this fortress!  Before I knew what was happening, I was firing bolt after bolt into the horde.  Next to me, Grim was doing the same.  Bastard, trying to steal my glory.  Naturally, my bolts flew true and destroyed the muscles in the leg of a zombie.  It fell to the ground, motionless... Only to immediately start twitching and get back up.  Impossible.  Then I saw him, the one who commanded the undead, the necromathingy.  His hand dropped to his side, having completed a series of complex patterns.  I raised my crossbow to shoot him down, but Grim slapped it down, yelling, "He's out of range!  Our ammunition is almost gone, get back inside!"  Trying to steal my glory.  But perhaps he was right.  Even I had never hit a target at that range before, and I was one of the best sharpshooters ever born.  So I relented.  We headed back down, me to farming, him to whatever he does in his spare time.

10 Granite
Grim came in with a smug look on his face today.  Said he had killed the necromancer.  It was obviously a bald-faced lie, so I went up to the tower to find the dwarf and prove his lie false.  I looked down, and at the foot of the tower was the body of a dwarf, several bolts sticking out of his chest.  I raised my crossbow and put a bolt in him, but he didn't flinch.  He didn't react at all.
Oh, did my blood boil then.  Grim, that conniving scumbag, had planned this all along.  He had lied about the range.  He had lied about the ammunition.  He had lied about everything.  Lizard, for all his faults, was trying to keep the fort running.  But Grim... reckoning is coming.  I cannot make a move while the undead stand outside, but when they are gone... I must think of a plan.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:10 pm »

But I'm giving us all shiny golden bedrooms.  :'(
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

The journal continues onto the next page:

28 Slate
After the backstabber Grim killed the necromancer, he set about touring the fortress.  I lost track of him for several days, until he came up from the mines yelling for all of the "farmers" to get to work.  He dares tell me what to do, that impudent rodent.  Nonetheless, the others appear to follow him out of habit, so I can do nothing yet.  But someday I will have my revenge.  Someday Grim will woe the day he ever wronged Maskwolf.

OOC: Nice shooting Grim, necromancer sieges are the worst.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:35 pm »

Journal of Miner Firecrazy
ENTRY #9

I heard Grim is taking over the fortress. I hope this doesn't interfere with the construction of the trade depot trap, but at least we managed to get rid of the necromancer. Also, I heard the bedrooms were being renovated with gold furniture. Yay!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2013, 07:24:56 pm »

Aye they are a pain. I'm still not sure what happened tbh, all I know is that some undead around the tower got shot after I recalled the markdwarf squad somehow, then the necromancer started wandering over to reanimate them so I scrambled our archers again to take shots at him and Grim was the only one with bolts left.

Oh and firecrazy, it's not just gold furniture, it's golden walls and floors as well. I take my bling seriously.  :P
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

Oh and firecrazy, it's not just gold furniture, it's golden walls and floors as well. I take my bling seriously.  :P

Awesome!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »

Aye they are a pain. I'm still not sure what happened tbh, all I know is that some undead around the tower got shot after I recalled the markdwarf squad somehow, then the necromancer started wandering over to reanimate them so I scrambled our archers again to take shots at him and Grim was the only one with bolts left.

Btw, how many marksdwarves are there.

And wow, that is some serious wealth.  For every dwarf or just the named ones?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »

I think there are three marksdwarves, I'll check when I'm doing the rest of my turn.

We have plenty of gold down in the mines and I've started digging out the rest of the vein that lizard found. Don't have the coal to smelt it yet and the undead are stopping us from collecting wood sadly, so my works are being slowed a bit. But I'm doing full gold for every room currently present, both dining and bedrooms. I'll include screenshots in my next update.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44