Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67495 times)

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The Empress demands! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2013, 03:09:11 pm »

Another kingtarp idea:  Capture a necro, and put him in a room behind the throne.  Once the king is dead, lower a bridge to let the necro reanimate the king so he can spend eternity among his treasure.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 20, 2013, 09:52:40 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
1st Granite, 133
Dr. AseaHeru said I could leave the hospital today.  His crew kept me alive, but I can't say much else for my condition.  It's hard to get around, with my foot hurting like this.  And crutches are not an option, seeing as I can barely hold a spoon now.  Bloody doctor, he's more like a torture artist!

You might be asking yourself who is writing this journal.  Well, as I was limping over to get some Blade this kid comes up and asks if I want to lean on his shoulder a bit.  I wasn't about to say no, and decided he would help me out for a while.  Seeing as how I'm the militia commander, his parent's didn't give me any guff about the matter.

The kid's alright, has a steady hand and a sharp eye.  I've decided to name him “Fingers”, and plan to teach him a bit of my trade.  But first: I have a score to settle with Maskwolf.  She sent us out into an ambush to save the King's caravan.  HANG THE CARAVAN, AND THEIR KING!!  It seems like she is TRYING to kill anyone who's done a little time.  Since I can't carry a weapon right now, I'll round up some of the boys while I look for her.

---   ---
Wall of pictures:
Monitor Lizard
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FireCrazy

Grim

Daria

Nuckles

Grimmash

AseaHeru

RoughRogue

Maskwolf

Spazbot

Cyatica

HissinhWalnuts

Fingers
---   ---

Fingers Background:
His family moved to Chamberdrums when he was 11.  At first it seemed strange that so few kids wanted to play “Guards and Robbers”.  He caught on after a while and started to practice petty crime.  Seeing a hevily injured old dwarf walking out of the hospital one day, the kid wanted to try picking his pocket.  He didn't exactly get caught, but ended up becoming the old fart's personal servant.

---   ---
OOC: 50 goblins incoming.  Getting them into the courtyard and unleashing death is the first order of business.  I hope it is cool that I'm giving Nuckles an assistant, since he is fairly crippled.

BTW, nice engraving of RoughRogue

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »

Could I see the thoughts of those my dwarf has called family?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:39 pm »

Oh no you don't touch me. I'm a crossbow dwarf you don't want to cross  ;)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:44 pm »

Holier shite, my dudes only 21? How old was he when he got made CMD?
Highly Opinionated Fool

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »

Try trapping some in the courtyard. Also, I built an archer tower, use it.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2013, 05:04:34 am »

I hope it is cool that I'm giving Nuckles an assistant, since he is fairly crippled.

It's fine. I added Fingers to the list and placed his backstory in "dwarf files" section. Let the old burglar teach his new apprentise.  :)

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2013, 08:55:03 am »

Try trapping some in the courtyard. Also, I built an archer tower, use it.
I like the new tower, but with at least 1 elite bow goblin and 1 elite crossbow goblin we'll see what happens.  Ambushing a few at a time in the courtyard seems like the best way to go with our current setup.

Could I see the thoughts of those my dwarf has called family?
Sure.  Since so many people have families I might try out the new family tree tool also.

I hope it is cool that I'm giving Nuckles an assistant, since he is fairly crippled.
It's fine. I added Fingers to the list and placed his backstory in "dwarf files" section. Let the old burglar teach his new apprentise.  :)
Cool, thank you!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Fifty gobbos blues (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2013, 02:13:33 pm »

I downloaded the save and tried to break the siege using a new tower. Two marksdwarves that climbed on the tower first were wounded by elite archer and then died. But when Grim got there...

The gobbos ran away like a bunch of kids when he riddled the elite goblin crossbowman with bolts, occasionally taking headshots at the other goblins. This dwarf was like a machine gun.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:03:42 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2013, 02:19:57 pm »

In the bright side, there aren't any trolls to deal with, I killed them all.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2013, 02:58:55 pm »

I downloaded the save and tried to break the siege using a new tower. Two marksdwarves that climbed on the tower first were wounded by elite archer and then died. But when Grim got there...

The gobbos ran away like a bunch of kids when he riddled the elite goblin crossbowman with bolts, occasionally shooting takin headshots at the other goblins. This dwarf was like a machine gun.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:22 pm »

He has almost no empathy.
Yup that's me.
Crack-a-lack-a

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:32 pm »

Maskwolf was spotted in the stockpile, and I had Eshtan and Lorbam go slow her down.  As I arrived she stuffed a final silver bolt into a now bulging quiver and leveled her crossbow at me.  None of us wanted to get shot so we backed off a little.

It didn't take much to get Maskwolf to step down from being overseer, in fact I got the feeling that it was her plan even before we showed up.  I wish I could say we beat her up, but with that “DONT TOUCH ME” look of hers and the crossbow ready to go I didn't even start an argument.  Fingers helping me limp away didn't improve my street credibility either...

Not an hour after that Grim and Hissin' Walnuts found me and said there was a mass of Goblins on our turf.  And that's about when I decided that it is time for me to take over and lead this place.  Armok knows what kind of half-cocked crazydwarf would take over and get me killed if I didn't!

24 Granite
Maskwolf had another son today.  From what they tell me she has something like six children now.  We started working on a Goblin Funhouse almost 2 weeks ago, and it will probably take another 2 weeks before it is ready to try out.  I suppose Maskwolf, Monitor, and the rest of the crossbowers can enjoy a little more time off before we get serious with this gang of gobbos.

---   ---
OOC: Direct attempts to kill goblins end up with lots of our dwarfs dead.  AseaHeru has a huge family, a few were interesting but I will have to post next time.  There will either be huge updates this weekend, or very few.  We'll see how it goes!

---   ---
edit: AseaHeru family status
Oldest Daughter

Only Son

Youngest Daughter

Grandmother

One of many Cousins.  Seems he was in hospital lately.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:11:20 am by Ruhn »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:27 pm »

Thank you.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:54 pm »

2 Slate, 133
I was looking over a report of the weapons and we have close to 200 crossbows.  I put the word on the street that we are looking for anyone and everyone who can shoot.  We came pretty close to getting 2 full gangs.  With a little coin some of the younger dwarfs with nothing else to do were persuaded to try it too.

The Artifices of Roughness, an all-female group of sharpshooters, got together under a sassy chick called Olin.  There are a few mothers in this click, but they wanted some time away from the kids.

Then there's Nil who formed the Courageous Sabers, who actually use crossbows.  I think Nil is trying to fool someone into thinking they will be safe at long range.  Might make for a good joke after all.

10 Slate
My skull crushing days might be over.  I've asked Daria to take over command of the gangs.  She's taken to calling herself “The Empress” anyway so let's see how things go.  I might still call the shots and change around some squads, these injuries give me a chance to slow down and look things over. 

Hold on.  It's been a while, I better go check on the Funhouse.  Seems like all of the traps should be in place by now.  Are you writing everything I say?  This part isn't supposed to be part of the journal.  Orshar damn you.

---   ---
Personal Diary of Fingers
This guy is kinda funny.  I wonder if he knows I lifted 10 dwarfbucks off him last night?

---   ---
OOC: All of our named dwarves are in the military right now, even if your dwarf doesn't know how to fight.  Does anyone want “out”? Monitor Lizard and Fire Crazy also have mining active.

Daria's the militia commander now (if she is okay with that).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44