Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 67652 times)

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Fifty gobbos blues (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2013, 11:43:48 pm »

Meh, Im legendary in pickaxe combat, so i'll stay in the military.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Fifty gobbos blues (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #271 on: November 23, 2013, 03:54:21 am »

My dwarf was in the military already. She's a crossbowdwarf.

Grandmother
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

> 48 years old
> bears tons of scars
> tough and quick to heal
> a lot of willpower
> seventy - four kills in The Dune of Lions

Yep, this is what a typical granny in Dwarf Fortress looks like.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Toughest granny ever (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2013, 04:03:25 am »

Military? ME? Uh... HELL YEAH!!! Just give me some weed before the battle and you'll see how they can fly. Live goblins, dead goblins, undead goblins... or humans, or elves, or dwa... err, vampires, and all that forgotten suckers! I'll engrave the image of grinning death on their faces!! ARRRGHH!!!
*'RoughRogue' Mosusnish, Recruit, has gone berserk!*
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I was reviewing the fighting equipment some more, and told the furnace operators to melt down all of the large-sized human gear.  One of the smelters will only be melting things for a while.  With all this magnetitie the other one can start melting that for iron, and maybe even get us some steel.  I know first hand that we need better equipment for our front line fighters!

When showing the new squads our shooting gallery next to the courtyard, my path was blocked by a large fungiwood.  How are we going to take pot shots at the gobbos when we let the next batch in?!  Someone will need to get this thing chopped down.[/i] 

---   ---
Personal Diary of Fingers
The old man's eyesight must be going, or his wounded wiskers are affecting him.  Everyone knows there are 2 staircases to get to the shooting gallery...

---   ---
Personal Diary of Nuckles
27 Slate
My arms have been feeling better lately, I got a crutch from Dr. AseaHeru.  Somedwarf named Ineth claimed a mechanic shop, right in the middle of my big project!  This will surely put us even further behind schedule.

3 Felsite
It was a mechanism, with a picture of that crooked king on it?!  But Ineth calls the thing “Hoary Slaughters”.  Seeing as how we plan to slaughter the king, perhaps it isn't that bad.  Grim says its worth about 23,000 dwarfbucks.

20 Felsite
Today is the day.  Let's let them in and see how this thing does.  Wait, the goblins left?  Unreal.  Let's go gather up to the surface and look for loot then.

1 Hematite
I caught someone going outside to farm.  Those fields are still active?  I know we want more blade weed, but that is a deathtrap.  Let's get the courtyard roofed over, then look at building an outdoor farm that's safe-like.

14 Hematite
Everything is looking good on the courtyard project.  Now there is no risk of getting all shot up if we want to gather swag from the courtyard in the middle of a siege.

When I was walking back this dwarf Erush was just laying in an old hospital?  That's one of Walnuts friends I believe, wonder what is going on?  I'll get someone to transfer him down to the main hospital place.  And somedwarf said they are running out of bones to make crossbows and bolts.  It doesn't bother me too much, I think we have plenty for now.

Early Summer
Moving Erush did the trick, one of the real doctors fixed him up and he's resting now.  Something happened today which hasn't happened in years:  2 of the Breweries ran out of plants.  Our stocks are holding for now, but there is unrest in the streets.  We can gather up some of the plants in the underground mushroom farm, I'm no cook so who knows if that will help.  This outdoor farm stuff just became more important.

Mid Summer
The farm project is doing alright, we just got some seeds in the ground.  Maybe we can turn the walls into another tower one day.  Speaking of dirt, a soap industry has been setup.  We don't exacly have the cleanest water in the well though.  It seems like there is too much to do around here.  I need to get back to linking levers and picking locks.

On top of all that other stuff, we are still working on making armor for everyone.  Only having 1 anvil is slowing us down... which is why I should ask for another one to be forged.  With only a few smiths in the hideout this stuff takes forever.  There is good news, we got enough equipment so the Snakes of Brass (Walnut's squad) can all use axes.

---   ---
OOC:  I haven't checked the linkage in the king's throne room/ death trap yet.  Our hospitals have so many chests that there wasn't any cloth in the stockpile.  I zoned out a little towards the end, wanted to follow some of the main characters around and see what they are up to.  I'll start off with that next time.

Our main melee squad is using pick-and-choose style of equipment.  (Doing it like that makes this feel like a RPG, maybe I should do this for the named/famous dwarves in all my games.)  The Axe squad and new crossbow squads have uniforms.  I should check the main crossbow squad to make sure everyone has a quality weapon.  Do we want any kind of armor on the crossbowers?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »

Military? ME? Uh... HELL YEAH!!! Just give me some weed before the battle and you'll see how they can fly. Live goblins, dead goblins, undead goblins... or humans, or elves, or dwa... err, vampires, and all that forgotten suckers! I'll engrave the image of grinning death on their faces!! ARRRGHH!!!
*'RoughRogue' Mosusnish, Recruit, has gone berserk!*
It looks like your dwarf is dabbling with the axe, wrestling, and ninja moves.  Is Axe okay, or would you like to choose another weapon?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

Oh yeah, Walnuts squad.  One of the two squads I drafted to cut down on the sheer number of idle dwarfs.  And wait... there was a crapton of bone when I left, so much so that I intentionally set up a bunch of bonecrafting areas to make crossbows and bolts, for lack of anything better.  Oh, and check the standing orders to see if gather vermin outside is on or not.  No need for necrofied vermin.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2013, 10:36:10 pm »

We won't be running out of bolts for a while, that's for sure.  The bowmakers have built some skill levels and there are plenty of =crossbow= now, so we can trade away the junky ones to the next caravan.  Three traps in the funhouse are full of crossbows since we have so many.  Smoothing operations have started, I might end up mass-designating everything that isn't an ore or flux.  There's plenty of dwarfs still who have fighting experience.  I might just put them in squads with only a weapon so they can do individual combat drills when idle.

Oh, and check the standing orders to see if gather vermin outside is on or not.  No need for necrofied vermin.
Good point, yeah I will check the orders for that.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2013, 03:04:18 am »

Our military's currently using captured goblin armor. Copper plates aren't much of a protection, and our soldiers don't wear gauntlets or high boots. We need to change that. By the way, I prefer directly assigning pieces of armor to every soldier.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2013, 03:56:14 am »

Is Axe okay, or would you like to choose another weapon?
No, axe's ok. Or would she better get a sword? Oh, that's it! Give her both axe and sword. True berserkers use both hands, you know. F**k the shield, weed protects better!

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »

OK, RoughRogue has a Iron Battleaxe and Bronze Shortsword.  I'll keep cranking out iron and steel gear.  Military training has been changed from 10 every month to 2+2+2 every month.  Orders look good for gathering up corpses and vermin from outside.

Here is the spy report on everyone:
FireCrazy is doing combat training
AseaHeru is doing combat training too
Grim is giving a striking demonstration
Monitor Lizard is giving a different striking demonstration
Hissinh Walnuts is giving a dodging demonstration
Rough Rogue is going to grab her new sword
Grimmash is placing some furniture
Cyatica is also placing furniture
Maskwolf is going to get some food
Fingers is having a drink
Daria is gathering plants to help out with the food shortage
Spazbot is smoothing walls in the bedrooms
Nuckles got talked into smoothing bedroom walls also

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:54 am »

From the diary of 'RoughRogue' Mosusnish, Engr Overs whoever...

Seems like I'm run outta weed. And... where the heck am I?! It doesn't look like Mafolasdug I've overseen a couple of days ago.
Somebeard I asked about that gave me a strange look and got away as quickly as he could. What? Did I forget to brush my teeth?
Oh. And what are these in my hands? This one is definitely an axe. Did they demote me to woodcutter? What a drag... But the thing in the second hand looks like a knife. A large knife. Err... dammit, I forgot the word... Hey Mr. X, can you tell me?
... ... ...
It's finally gone. Maybe he visits only overseers?
"Hey, recruit Mosusnish, move yer lazy ass! The striking demonstration is about to begin! We don't need a dual-wielding dumbass that don't even know how to land a hit!"
Who just said that? Ehm... recruit Mosu... whaaAAT?!! When did I join the military? How could I leave my we... er... my work?
You asked them to let you smash apart some goblins or undead or undead goblins, whatever. So they decided to give you a chance. I don't know what kind of weed did you smoke that day.
Oh... shit.
"RECRUIT!!!"
Oh shittiest of shitty shit...
"Yes, yes, I'm already on."
I need a smoke. I really do.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 25, 2013, 06:38:54 am »

Why am I giving a striking demonstration? I'm a marksdwarf aren't I?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 25, 2013, 07:25:20 am »

Why am I giving a striking demonstration? I'm a marksdwarf aren't I?

If I remember correctly, bashing things with a crossbow trains the "hammerdwarf" skill. And after Maskwolfs turn Grim was a novice hammerdwarf. I think it's fine - he's got a lot of practice shooting raiders and stuff, and now he knows how to handle in a melee combat.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:52 am »

But melee combat might make me bleed!  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2013, 09:40:18 am »

On the bright side, I got you to put down the useless blowgun.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44