Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 66439 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Toughest granny ever (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #285 on: November 25, 2013, 09:41:48 am »

But melee combat might make me bleed!  :P

That might as well cure Grims obsession with gore. Or, if he is at least a bit successful, give him a new bloody hobby. Or even make him a hardened individual:)
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:31 am »

If I govern this fort again I shall bathe it in blood and rule from atop a throne made of corpses.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! REMEMBER THAT MURDER IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

As broker of the fortress it is my humble opinion that we should be able to write off violence as a business expense.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2013, 10:18:27 am »

Well, if murder is tax deductible... *rummages for crossbow*
Edit: murder is tax deductible should be the the motto of chamberdrums.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:21:30 am by 4maskwolf »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2013, 11:21:05 am »

Murder is tax deductible should be the motto of Chamberdrums.
Added this one to the quotes section.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Murder is tax deductible! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2013, 12:15:10 pm »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! REMEMBER THAT MURDER IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
"Make Skull Totems" was set to repeat in spring sometime.  Maybe we should set some up in your room?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 25, 2013, 05:20:50 pm »

Hmm, skull totems would be pleasantly macabre.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - The arrival in Chamberdrums (Players needed!)
« Reply #291 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:31 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
Over the last few days I was looking over the history of everything we have done so far.  This place ain't bad.  There's still plenty to do, and instead of trying to hobble around and do it all myself I called a little meeting.
---   ---
“Hey Grim, cut us a few more gems and trick out some furniture.  Decorate some of those totems if you want, too.  I'll get someone to haul a couple to your room.”

“Cyatica, we need to get the wall around the new outdoor farm a bit higher.”

“Fire Crazy, make that hallway by the dining hall a little wider where you can.  And if you have any designs laying around stop by sometime.”

“Yo Walnuts, we got some more space topside.  Grab some help and get those new farms rocking!”  Nuckles steps closer and whispers: "All the Bladeweed seeds are gone, I think Rough Rogue at them when she was high.  Rat weed is almost as good, plant a lot of that crap fast."

“Daria, we need your help harvesting more wild cave plants.  Just keep the poisonous ones out of our meals, please.  Oh, and maybe I can find you a few promising candidates to teach certain... skills to.  Some Goblins left their knives as gifts.”

Nuckles notices that Grimmash is looking a little sad.  "Sorry bro, somedwarf decided to kill all the animals that we could milk.  I'll do what I can to get your cheese operation up again.  Make sure mine has some mushrooms in it."
---   ---
Somedwarf named Asob came up and told me there were no more bolts to load the weapon traps with.  I thought we had millions of those things!  Maybe it's time for plan B.  We will put Bows in the traps instead.

Humans just arrived, I need to find Grim and ask him to do some “trading”.

---   ---
OOC:
Since the "kill the king" bandwagon is going strong, I'll post my plan for so as to help plan this eventual regicide.

As my dwarf was so rudely duped and ripped from his beloved cheese making, I hope to bury the king in cheese.  I'm thinking we build a beautiful throne room, no expenses spared.  Above the room, set to trip by lever, will be multiple floors containing, amongst other objects, cheese.  Others can add relevant items, I just really want some cheese in there.  After the king arrives, we set him up in the throne room.  Then we lock his royal butt in there, and let him pull the wonderous lever, setting off the reaction that bury him alive, or crushed, under mountains of cheese, stolen goods, and priceless artifacts.

It even avoids a murder charge, letting the king unwittingly fall prey to his greed.  Bonus points if the lever is an artifact, and if everyone contributes a thematic item that contributes to the throne-tomb.
Well, we do have an artifact mechanism now.  All I have to do is link that up to the 4 golden pillars right?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2013, 12:34:51 am »

Well, we do have an artifact mechanism now.  All I have to do is link that up to the 4 golden pillars right?

I thought we have already rigged those. You can copy the save file and give an order to pull the lever to check this.

By the way, we need to trade more with the dwarven caravan. We've got tons of native gold and kaolinite. Let's make more +gold goblets+ and *porcelain mugs*!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:53:27 am by Monitor Lisard »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2013, 12:47:17 am »

Well, I didn't personally work on anything to do with it: it would have been a breach of character and I had no idea what had already been done. Though now that I think about it, one of those levers may have been linked to the fortress self-destruct...

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2013, 12:59:28 am »

Quick check of the trap room works as follows:

Assuming no one has built more supports (That may be a big if), just see if the lever in the back room above the traps can link to any more supports.  If the answer is yes, link them.  If no supports show up, then everything is already linked.  When I passed the turn on, I only had a few to go.  The bridges, however, may need linking.  Depends on how much you care about dead dwarves.

As for the artifact mechanism, I'd put it somewhere in the dining hall where every dwarf will walk by it and get happy thoughts.  That and the artifact door I put in the entry to the dining hall (assuming it is still there) should help alleviate any bad thoughts your dorfs are having.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »

OOC:
I think all constructions de-construct when they are part of a cave-in, that's why I was thinking only the bottom 4 really need to be linked.
So we don't want the king to pull the lever himself anymore I mean?

I'll do some gold crafts once we have more forges up and running.  The supply of charcoal is still holding out pretty well.  First priority is still military equipment for the next couple months.

I'm thinking of doing some honest trading with the humans, but if the deal falls through then we will have a big shoot out.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »

Given my multiple uses of caves, i don't trust them.  So i tried to make sure only floors connected to nothing would remain.  Hence all the pillars and the bridges.  The bridges also serve to block off sections once full.

Worst case, the pillars and mechanisms just add value to the fort.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »

We have begun hauling things to the depot.  Let us see if these Humans are trying to pull a fast one on us.  Once they arrive I will ask Lizard and Maskwolf to gather the crossbowers.  We'll play it cool, hopefully they don't try to double-cross Grim during the trading.

13 Galena
Some Jobber named Zon is not acting like himself.  He just ran up and grabbed a craft workshop next to the big bone pile.  Somedwarf was working there, and he just pushed her aside!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

19 Galena
I couldn't talk Grim into trading with the Humans.  He kept tellin' me that he had to warm up for the big showdown.  I gave him an order to take the Tundras of Metal over there to give him one last chance, but then a Goblin walked right up to Lizard!  I was like “fuck this, someone throw the lever right now”.

As the bridge closed Lizard went crazy on the Goblin, her crossbow was swinging around like a glowstick.  Grim and Maskwolf each got 5 shots off.  A Human with a pike came out and got the killing blow.  Bad form I say.  We sealed the Humies away so they won't interfere.

Some archers wounded 2 more goblins, and a recruit named Stukos was first on the scene.  She got both kills with her -Steel Battle Axe-.

Since Grim has something against the Humans, somedwarf should take over and see what they have to offer.  After all, that Zon guy is just sitting there in the workshop looking like he needs something we don't have.

---   ---
OOC: I think that guy is going to fail his mood.  We have leather and every type of glass available, so I think he must want some type of spider silk cloth or thread.  Or he wants some bones that we ran out of.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2013, 01:30:48 am »

From the diary of Monitor Lisard, miner:
It's been a while since I wrote my latest entry - I've been rather busy lately. There's a lot to do here - our small outpost-like den turned into a huge bustling town full of dwarves - It's almost like I've gone legit. Many things changed in Chamberdrums since I stepped down the position of the Overseer, but I'm glad that the guys have been trying to keep everything going smooth. Our growing fame seems to attract not only fisherdwarves and stonecrafters, but also some hard-boiled folk who want to take part in our business.

Here's some news. Today one on our odd-jobbers ran into a craftsdwarf shop, holding a bone and some instruments. Seemed like he was overwelmed by some idea - the right mood to make an artifact.

Some time ago, the human caravan came to us. Nuckles asked Grim to trade with them, but our broker, who prefers to spend his time at the shooting range, grumbled something about being too busy polishing his crossbow or something. I stationed a guard around the depot in case the humans try to deceive us. I say, you can't hustle a hustler. Maskwolf refused to do the task, so I sent her back to the fortress. She looked at me angrily and stood still, holding her crossbow. I'm pretty sure that she still wears her old steel helmet with a crystal visor.
I was standing near the bridge when I heard some strange noize. Someone was running towards the gates. Suddenly Maskwolf shouted "Lizard, behind you!" I turned around and saw a goblin approaching me. He swinged his weapon at me. I dodged and bashed him in the head with my crossbow. With a loud clang he backpedaled, looking stunned, and I hit him again.
"Take cover! Raise the bridge!" - I heard Daria yelling at the militia. I backed, loading my weapon, but suddenly a bolt flew and striked the goblin in the chest. He fell down. "I got one!" - Maskwolf switched to another target. Grim climbed the tower and aimed at the goblin outside.
Finally we killed the raiders. Grim and Maskwolf got the same number of kills. One of the human guards also took part in this, killing one goblin.

Zon is still sitting in his craftsdwarf's shop. It seems that he needs something we don't have now. Nucles says we don't have any bones or silk - I suggest we should butcher one of the animals and gather some webs in the caverns.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:34:11 am by Monitor Lisard »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2013, 12:42:17 pm »

While Ruhn is having a break between his updates, here's the picture of Maskwolf.

This is a n engraving of dorf!Maskwolf the dwarf. Dorf!Maskwolf is frowning. This picture relates to the stopping of the wagon by Maskwolf in the Mountainhome in 128.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44