Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 66379 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Full Dwarven Jacket (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »

From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, overseer:

When a group of a dwarven fighters entered the room, the training began. The doors were closed, and then somedwarf pulled the lever to release the caged undead. After a quick fight, the second lever was also pulled to toss a captured pikegoblin into the battle.

The militia members easily dealt with the enemies. Nuckles, RoughRogue and FireCrazy fought alonside each other, and soon the fighters finished the captured invaders.

A while ago, Grim, Nuckes, Grimmash and I discussed a new building project - a long shaft towards the magma sea level, which could be used for dumping the ores to the magma forge. Thinking about this, I noticed that my friends were wearing tatters. No wonder - after all those sieges we still haven't organised a clothes production.

There are some more issues to deal with. For example, what are the levers near the dining hall for? I should ask the previous overseers about that.

OOC note: So, basically, I decided to dig a vertical mineshaft to dump the ore directly to the magma smelter. By the way, Grimmash, do you remember the purpose of every lever in the room near the dining hall?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:00:58 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »

OOC: All of the levers at the dining hall should still have the (N)otes on them.  One lever is dangerous and will activate the "waterfall" which dumps down the underground farm staircase.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 10, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »

What Rhun said.  I labeled every lever in the fort at the end of my turn.  But off the top of my head?  The southern levers are for the entry bridges, the mid levers for the entry corridor, the top levers for the depot.  At that point, we had archers attacking and I wanted raising bridges, and it was faster to just add as opposed to rebuild.  I also had a lot of fun putting the very front bridge on repeat, as it crushed and launched a bunch of gobbos.  There was no roof at that point.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 10, 2013, 02:03:31 pm »

Edit: I fixed the update. Had actually posted one of the pictures twice and forgot to post another one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:06:23 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 10, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »

OOC: All of the levers at the dining hall should still have the (N)otes on them.  One lever is dangerous and will activate the "waterfall" which dumps down the underground farm staircase.
Yeah, that... I was going to expand on that one, but I didn't get the chance. Expand in a good way, not in a "flood the whole fort" way.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2013, 10:39:31 am »

In the middle of the autumn some kid claimed a craftsdwarfs shop and started hauling materials in it. Now he sits there, waiting for something. What does he need? Propably silk cloth, although I'm not really sure.

While digging the ore-dumping tunnel, the miner found some sphalerite. Now we have more ores to dig.

WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW, BLOODSUCKER? WHAT DO YOU MEAN "EXPORT OF CROWNS IS PROHIBITED"? NEXT TIME I'LL JUST SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!

Recently two miners, who decided to dig channels under themselves, fell into the ore shaft and died. Despite this terrible news, the tunnel was finished, and a cover bridge is now under construction.

That was bloody. They should be given a proper burial and memorials.

A ghost is said to be wandering our halls! We need more memorials to be constructed.

A dwarven caravan arrived! And, with them, some leatherworker who claims that he's a diplomat.

It's much harder to deceivee dwarves using counterfight coins, but our broker's a professional. It won't be difficult for him to toss those coins into traiding withought the traders noticing it.

Yep, more gold. This place is already full of it.

Instead of traiding with the caravan, Grim decided to have an archery training. How typical of him. Great, now I have to assign some random dwarf for trading.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:02:35 pm by Monitor Lisard »

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2013, 10:09:37 am »

Oh hey, I'm still alive, even when im using a weapon that is used for mining. Interesting.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2013, 11:01:34 am »

Journal of Grim, Broker and Marksdwarf of Chamberdrums

I was asked to suspend my training and barter with our visitors. Foolish, unnecessary and pointless. Do we not have weapons? Do we not have bolts and blades with which to take what we want? I consider it a needless expense to buy things. We have grown since arriving here. We are wealthy, powerful. Armies flee before us and many have come to taste of out wealth. Why demean ourselves like common muck and trade with lowly merchants. Negotiation... is for the weak.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:07 pm »

As the smoothworks are still going, I decided to admire the most remarkbe of the new engraving. Here's a picture of a dead troll striking down a troll. Yeah.

I also found a well-made enraving of Daria by Spazbot:

Here's a picture of a dwarven soldier protecting the children from a goblin snatcher. Later that day, I found said bronze spear in one of the bins. Simple yet gorgeous weapon.

Grimmash constructed a very nice granite harp recently. A masterpiece, I say.

The traders have brought a great large amount of cheese with them. I bought every bit of it.

It worked! Now we can dump ore staight to the magma smelter!

It's time for massive ore transportation! Let's move that native gold boulders!

We found adamantine! It might be rather hard to dig straight to it though.

What is this kid doing? He brought tons of stuff to the craftsdwarf shop and started a construction of some sort.

He made an artifact bone coffin. Here's the description of it:

I decided that the militia shoud have some training. Firecrazy and RoughRogue had a sparring session recently.

What!? F**k, one of the miners dug into a cavern lake and flooded the tunnels. The magma smelter is now submerged. At least, the ore stockpile is still accessible.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:07:16 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2013, 07:11:57 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
I was in between projects today, and was hanging out with a couple of the miners.  We smoked a lot of that nasty Rat Weed but a call came in and then they had to get back to work.  Not a bad day overall.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2013, 04:54:20 am »

I'll finish my turn soon. Here's the logo I made for the Dorfday thread:

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2013, 06:57:17 am »

I should set the record straight: I didn't flee into the wild, I was evading capture by law abiding citizens who wanted me to return the three bars of silver I had rightfully stolen.  Laws: they ain't healthy for most dwarves, y'know.  Besides.  The silver was given to a good cause - I scored some wicked poison and a brace of throwing knives with 'em, which helped me quite a bit later that week.

The Empress Daria does not
flee.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2013, 01:02:13 pm »

Daria organised a knife training for her squad a few days ago. She showed her impressive skills by sparring with one of the recruits - he cuoldn't even land a single hit.

We need more furniture! Some masterfully-made cabinets will certainly make this place look better.

Somedwarf said that we have a pack of ruthurers roaming the cave under the fortress. What are those things? Firecrazy says they're pretty large, covered with thick fur, and have long tails.

One of our engravers claimed a craftsdwarf's shop. I hope he makes something useful.

A kobold! As soon as he was discovered, he tried to flee. I ordered everyone to kill him.

There's more of them! We managed to strike one down, but the second one ran away.

We started mining out the adamantine. The craftsdwarfs are now processing it, extracting strands of precious metal.

Spring has come! My tour of duty has ended, and now it's the time for the crew to choose the next overseer."

So, as you see, Chamberdrums has been doing fine recently. Walls are being smoothed, rooms are being furnished, and we have also started mining the adamantine. Here're some notes to the next overseer:

1. Try trading with every caravan that comes to the fortress.
2. Construct more gold and adamantine stuff to make the fortress richer.
3. The diplomats have been talking with the major, for, like, a long time. I tried redesignating major's roo, but they are still conducting meeting.
4. We have plenty of blocks, so you can make more roads to attract the king. Kings love roads.
5. If possible, continue assigning dining rooms to the dwarves.

Here's the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8220
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:26:28 am by Monitor Lisard »

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2013, 03:25:21 pm »

I am next on the roster, but i will be traveling until the weekend.  So, I can pick up the turn then, or just move me down in the order for round two. 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
They returned.  Those slimy dog-faced yellow-gut kobolds came back.  Nasty things were spotted picking more of my locks!!  Those scum-suckers are the worst kind of disease.  Lucky for us a siege wasn't here, but it could be just over the hill.

Now, there isn't anything wrong with lock-picking, since I do it myself.  Nothing wrong with some breaking and entering, but they did it in the middle of battle and caused all that death.  I'm sure those crooked-tooth cream-paws will try to do it again too.  We got no choice but to club them in the head and dump 'em in the refuse pile.

---   ---
OOC: That meeting was happening back during my entire turn too.  There must be some glitch, maybe we should find a way for the mayor and diplomat to have an "accident".  Some goblins or zombies could get loose in the room.  Then a new mayor might be able to actually get something done.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44