Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68182 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Rich dwarves wearing tatters (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2014, 01:22:31 pm »

Journal of Grim, Broker and Marksdwarf of Chamberdrums

The adamantine mines have been plumbed to their depths and their riches seized by the hands of artifice. The value of our new bounty far outweighs the petty gold that came before, indeed to look upon it is to feel as if I was in the midst of glorious bloody battle.

Still, things will come for our new wealth. Goblins, kobolds and all manner of beast will seek to take this from us. But we are ready, we have bolts and blades enough to crush any army.

I long to try.

Blood will wash over adamantine armour and run in rivers to the depths of the world, and those that scream in the darkest places will sense the sacrament we offer to Armok and roar with rage.

All will perish before we surrender even a portion of what is ours.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2014, 01:23:31 pm »

Yeah, mistakes were made.  Although I always dug from the outside in, so i am not sure exactly how the collapses after the first one happened.  And i think that FB had some sort of dust syndrome, as the dwarves that died weren't all on fire at first, but refused to move and then lit on fire.  Could have also been all the smoke.  At any rate, it was all grunts, and now everyone has better armor.  As for the rooms, Monitor is the Baron now and was not at all satisfied with the current rooms.  I also figured it would be useful for appearances.  Someone else could always tear it down.  Daria was showing no signa of tantruming.  Outside Daria, two of the dead were in the same family, hence the other child being sad, and my placing of all the statues i forgot that i built.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »

Move me to the bottom of the list. Exam time for me. :(

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 06, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
It's been nice not having to write in this thing every single day, but I figured it would be good to lay out some of the stuff that happened recently.  Things have been going great I suppose, for a cheese maker Grimmash had some pretty solid plans for us to mine that Adamantine.  And the magma forges are pretty tricked out too.

I was sorry to see Spazbot take over his new squad, the "Bridges of Glorifying".  We had some great sparring sessions over the years.  He took Obok the butcher with him, but I don't care.  My buddy Tun is on a crutch too, and he's almost as good as Spaz.

Oh, and Rough Rogue took over the all girl sword squad the "Oars of Bearing" a while back too.  I figure it was right around the time her husband died in that mining accident.  After FireCrazy 'fell' into the magma, miners started dieing faster than goblins under a drawbridge.  Strange things happen down there in the Adamantine mine, I let some other dwarf go down to handle the mechanics.

Well I guess that's enough for now.  When looking at this paperwork I noticed some of our fighters are still assigned to cut wood.  It's hard enough keeping recruits alive without them dropping all their equipment!  I'll go have a smoke with a couple and tell them how it is.

---   ---
OOC:
I think we have a new named fighter: Fath the "Portentous Grasping Lancers of Simplicity".

We have 550 blade weed plants but no seeds.  I suggest we sell some to mountain home and mill some others so we can plant a fresh crop.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2014, 09:31:13 pm »

Yep.  I tried to give the militia with extra names some adamantine, to keep them around.  I also split the squads based on skills, with at least one member high in teacher.  I disabled marksmen training.  With all the sieges, they'll get plenty anyhow.  This way there will be less bolt shortage. Another fun note I forgot is that the ammo stockpile in the central tower takes from the giant stockpile in the fortress, so the central tower should always have enough bolts to weather a siege.  They may mostly be copper, but they kill goblins just as well as the next thing.  One thing I forgot to do was post the kill lists for the named dwarves.  They should be pretty fun lists at this point.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2014, 11:59:46 am »

Offerings worth 5000 dwarfbucks? We are so close to comleting the task! Chamberdrums will soon defeat it's arch enemy!

ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2014, 12:04:01 pm »

How full is the trap? We could get his royal beardness here any time we wanted, hell he might just show up for the adamantine.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

How full is the trap? We could get his royal beardness here any time we wanted, hell he might just show up for the adamantine.

The trap is alredy finished and lined up with gold statues and barrels of cheese.

By the way, the position of a champion is vacant right now. What does he do? Anyone willing to take it?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:11:11 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2014, 12:26:16 pm »

Champions train the army with no reference to squads. I'm willing but my skills may not be suitable.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2014, 03:37:22 pm »

Actually the trap rooms got cleared out, aside from some cheese, before my turn.  Somone took out all the stone on the top level a long time ago.  I did not remember to refill them, so the next overseer should fill those rooms.  I recommend lots of gold for the greedy king.  We want to make sure he gets properly rewarded when the switch is pulled.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:19 pm »

I didn't even notice that the stockpiles were gone!  I guess that will be the next major project to work on.  Maybe forbid things as they are stored so the stockpiles don't get used up.

We can offer a little gold crafts and easily get that 5,000 for the offering.

Is Rough Rogue next then?

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »

Not even a major project really, the stocks are not that large :).  It's just that there are 4 of them.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 08, 2014, 09:45:11 am »

Sorry guys. Browser cancels Download Save: Too lazy. If I won't make it work in next 3-4 days, next player gets his turn.
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:19 am »

Sorry guys. Browser cancels Download Save: Too lazy. If I won't make it work in next 3-4 days, next player gets his turn.

Don't worry. If no one gets to it, I'll do another intermission (after my exams or between them). We also have Autority2 on our list. Anyway, I'm really eager to finally bring the king to the fortress.  :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:02:20 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 08, 2014, 12:17:27 pm »

I'm here! Should I wait for Rogue or start now?
I'd like to read the thread more thoroughly and make notes (only did the first page of 50) so I'm okay with either.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44