Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68187 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Carefully planned regicide (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #540 on: January 31, 2014, 01:29:58 pm »

Nuckles is now a mace lord. We've got a good bit of professional fighters now, including 5 axe lords, 3 swordmasters, 2 mace lords and 5 spearmasters.
Go team!
I'll have to download save and see the new changes too!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 31, 2014, 06:39:01 pm »

There's three axedwarves, a speardwarf and a hammerdwarf. All are Competent in their weapon skills and all except the hammerdwarf are Novice in Shield/Armor User and Dodging. The hammerdwarf is Adequate. Two of the axedwarves are the mason and the weaver and all the rest are farmers.

EDIT: A dwarven child had a craftdwarf mood. Can I do the planepacked exploit on it? I've always wanted to try that :3 Please?
Ok, Can the next Overseer make the hammerdwarf into "Grey Dwarf" and put him/her into the military

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2014, 06:44:07 pm »

If you'll wait for 3 more days, I'll take the turn.
Btw, what about my dorf? Did she improved with her weapons?
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 31, 2014, 08:39:35 pm »

Diary of Nuckles
That lunatic Authority lost it and tore up her journal a few days ago.  Sparring and fighting has become so much fun that I have retired from being a mechanic, but I guess I'm going to take a break and see what has been up in the fortress lately.

--
There have been quite a few deaths, I'm not sure what happened.  Cyatica has lost 6 friends lately and is miserable, and Grim has lost 2 friends lately and says he's "fine".  I checked the hospital, but somedwarf tells me the Doc is dead!  Next, I checked on the crypt level and we are basically out of coffins.  Sadly I found the resting place of 'AseaHeru the Second' while I was down there.  Poor little guy, I was really hoping he would grow up to be a doctor like his old man was.  We even have an opening right now.

--
I sat down and scoped out the military paperwork that is starting to fill my desk.  Looks like there are 2 dead in Grim's squad, 4 dead in Maskwolf's squad, 3 dead in the Glazes and 2 dead in the Snakes.  The Snake's leader is dead, so I'm gonna need to pick a new one.  Maybe I can convince Spazbot to let Obok the BUTCHER lead that squad now.  He's already proven himself with some 150 kills, and that blank stare tells me he doesn't really care about anything anymore.

One other thing I've noticed is that the equipment for Daria's squad no longer includes knives.  I'll leave a note in her room asking if everything is going as planned.

--
Today I passed that old Tarot Card Reader Uzol in the street, the one who tells us about the forgotten beasts.  We chatted and she said there is some beast made of snow down in one of the caverns.  It didn't seem to bother her much, looks like she knows how to use that sword she was carrying.

---   ---
Legendary Warriors of Chamberdrums - 138
:Tactical Flags:
*Nuckles (The Humorous Crevice of Boats) +5 Macedwarf, +5 Fighter
*Tun (The West Visionary of Channeling) +5 Speardwarf, +5 Fighter
*Asmel +0 Axedwarf, +5 Fighter
*Logem +4 Macedwarf, +5 Fighter

:Oars of Bearing:
*Rough Rogue (The Mortality of Secreting) +5 Swordsdwarf, +3 Axedwarf, +5 Fighter
*Uzol (The Tarot Card Lady) +5 Swordsdwarf, +5 Fighter
*Morul +0 Axedwarf, +5 Fighter
*Eshtan +4 Swordsdwarf, +5 Fighter

:Bridges of Glorifying:
*Spazbot +5 Speardwarf, +5 Fighter
*Obok (The Bulbous Sickness) +0 Axedwarf, +5 Fighter
*Erush +2 Fighter {Swordsdwarf}

:Emerald Diamonds:
*Logem +2 Fighter {Speardwarf}
*Litast +4 Fighter {Speardwarf}
*Uvash +0 Fighter {Speardwarf}

:Snakes of Brass:
*Erith +0 Axedwarf, +2 Fighter
*Stukos +5 Fighter {Axedwarf}

---   ---
OOC:
I noticed Grim is only 1 level from Legendary Marksdwarf!
Spazbot's dwarf seems to have traded in his spear for a sword, I'm not sure if that was planned.

Also, "The National Glazes" only has 1 member, but he has a war title.  I don't know what that squad is for?

Final note: it looks like all hand-to-hand squads are currently set to train without any break, and their unhappiness is growing.  Civilians seem to mostly be upset from the sunshine and losing friends.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:22 pm »

Do I have a dwarf still? I know my original died, but is his kid still about and claimed by me?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 31, 2014, 09:33:48 pm »

Do I have a dwarf still? I know my original died, but is his kid still about and claimed by me?
The kid that we named after you is dead now too.  Your 7 and 6 year old daughters are still alive, as is 'Cyatica' your wife.  It looks like some of your cousins live at the fort and are alive, among them:
~ Morul the 19 year old Axe Lord (ecstatic)
~ Zas the 20 year old Furnace Operator (miserable)
~ Ingish the 14 year old Miner (miserable)
~ Kikrost the 5 year old (miserable)
~ Tun the 2 year old (unhappy)

There are also some man dwarves who are good at diagnosis, but many are at super low happiness and could go mad soon.  One called Urist Eribmeng (fine) may be the best choice if you want a doctor again.

!! The only dwarf assigned to diagnosis is running around babbling, new medical staff needs to be hired !!
Things are pretty serious, quick action is needed or a spiral could start.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2014, 03:14:56 am »

OK, WTH?  Daria's squad doesn't use knives anymore?!  Put everyone on "train all the time", sure, but decrease the numbers per squad expected to train at half of the number who are in that squad!  It's simple logistics!  Make sure all the fighters are also medical staff and those who are off-duty care for those who are injured in the line of duty.  Tantruming dwarves in the hospital don't have a chance to slaughter all of the doctors (well, not much of one) and hungry off-duty warriors are in the food stockpiles stuffing thier faces anyway, before fetching food for their comrades in arms...

We're never gonna lure the King here if we all just degenerate into madness! 
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2014, 04:34:17 am »

If you'll wait for 3 more days, I'll take the turn.

Ok, that's good enough. It was your turn on the roster anyway.

From the diary of baroness Monitor Lizard von Chamberdrums, Dame of the Order of Empress Daria:

"This place is managed in a most unappropriate way! Today, when I was listening to a report from the manager, I found out that none of my mandates were completed! I was going to inform the captain of a guard about these violations right away, but it appears that we don't have any kind of formal law here. That's just terrible!  How am I supposed to be leading these dwarves to glory and prosperity? The King will be infuriated if he finds this!

...Wait, what am I talking about?

Oh dwarf, this is driving me mad. I did not really pay much attention to managing stuff lately. Everething went chaotic real fast. A couple of days ago, when I was hunting in the barony lands near the fortress, a messenger found me and said that our Overseer, Authority2, went totally nuts and died. When I returned, it seemed that many dwarves were wounded and struggling to keep their sanity. At first, I decided to check bookkeeper's logs, but RoughRogue told me that she spent these days sparring. How did she become a great warrior so fast? Anyway, she said that I should talk to Nuckles - he is said to be writing his diary regularly.

It took much time to gather all the pieces, but now I have at least a quarter of Overseers log book pages. So, what did we have there? During the undead siege, a group of dwarves was slaughtered, inluding Aseaheru the Second. Poor boy... After that, somedwarf went mad and started hunting for other citisens in quiet shady tunnels of our fortress. It's still unclear who was the murderer, but he could have ended up with a bolt in his or her chest... The thing is, I had to take part in a short shootout in the dining hall. At that time we thought that somedwarf must have turned berserker, but who knows. Anyway, we have to put the fortress in order again.

Anyway, I should ask the next overseer to block off the rooms under my quarters that were build for Authority2. Or, maybe, we can use them as a secret meeting rooms? Then we need to throw away all that mictocline stuff and furnish them with gold.

About Nuckles - I asked him about his brewery business, and he told me that he and RoughRogue were making some powerful drug based on some type of cave moss called "crystal moss" or something. He said it was hard to get ingridients with the bridge leading to the caves retracted, but he managed to persuade Daria to search for the needed moss right under the nose of that forgotten beast made of snow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:01:52 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

This crystal moss stuff is gonna be great!  It will give our gangs a great boost right before we have to go out and fight off goblins or other fools on our turf without permission

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Full Dwarven Jacket (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #549 on: February 03, 2014, 10:56:27 pm »

I'll finish my turn soon. Here's the logo I made for the Dorfday thread:

I'm on page 27, just wanted to post and say i loved this logo Monitor.

This is an epic thread.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Full Dwarven Jacket (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #550 on: February 04, 2014, 03:27:46 am »

I'm on page 27, just wanted to post and say i loved this logo Monitor.

This is an epic thread.

Thank you!  :)

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got the save. Here goes the second overseership of the highest dorf ever.
And this time I'll try to post the log here, as it's supposed to be)

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Not that carefully planned regicide (Players are welcom
« Reply #552 on: February 05, 2014, 06:43:47 am »

Overseer's log: Chamberdrums, year 138

Grn 1. So I'm in charge again? Wasn't it a bad trip? Heh... I don't even know how could it happen. Maybe it's because of my new image of a great warrior?
Ah, screw it. What's done is done, and it's my fortress again. Let's see what has changed while I was away from helm...
"Ezum? I need your he~"

Oh shit... When... How... what the heck?! Well, now it's only my job to know everything in the fortress. Where is my ledger?
There still are too many kids. These useless annoying brats make me angry. It's undwarflike to kill our own kind, but sometimes I could hardly forbear from nailing some of them with The Suicide of Ensorceling!
Anyway, screw them. I have more important thing to care about.

Wh... what?! Where is all that blade wealth? Do I have to smoke this Armok-damned rat stuff again?! No. No, no, no! It's better to quit smoking at all. Decided. From now on, I will never ever touch any weed.

Oh, these brats... Nice reason to get rid of another useless mouth. I'll do it myself.

Stop. Just got it... Where the heck is my axe? Why am I bearing this shield? Another reason to quit smoking: my memory is full of gaps. That's not good. Gotta get an axe somewhere. I feel unusual with only one weapon.
Dammit. The fortress is a total mess! Half of the dwarves are unhappy about their tattered clothes. What a bunch of crybabies... I wear rags too, but i don't care. But they still complaining and tantruming about that. Oh shit... And this was only the first day.

Grn 2. Another berserk, adult this time. Shame on you, comrade! A grown-up dwarf blubbering like a baby. At least you'll die in battle, how a true dwarf supposed to die. Hey-oh! Get 'er, guys!
Heheheh, we're too late. This dumbass ran into a cage trap and now howls inside her new home. Maybe we'll use her against goblins. She's even more berserk than me after two blade pipes!
And another berserk brat that was shot by somebeard before we came. Nice shot, Kogsak.
Grn 3. They tell me that Olon Nishekast has begun a mysterious construction. Who is that guy?

And what's he going to do with these things? I can hardly imagine. Now I think that I know who smoked all the blade weed.
Today I called a meeting in the dining hall. The tattered dwarves started whining, so I said just one thing:
"You don't like your clothes? Take it off."
"?!"
"You heard me. Take your rags off, dump it away and, by Ziril and Armok, stop complaining! Any questions? Questions asked. Meeting is over."
Maybe I was too rough?
Grn 8. The mooded brat created another piece of trash.

Well, I never expected more from these useless creatures. At least we've got another legendary craftsdwarf (although we already have a pack of them).
Grn 9. Another little berserk and another victim for my Suicide. Strange. It's unusual for kids to go berserk, usually they begin to cry 24/7 and die from dehydration. But it's Chamberdrums, the weirdest dwarf outpost ever, so I'm not surprised.
Grn 11. Oh, we've got another forgotten creature. A fire-breathing turkey with a shell... HOW?! How could Armok create such a weird creature?! He must have created the weed first.
Grn 22. Holy carp, this place is a crazy town. Almost everybeard is tantruming all the time, and many are stricken by melancholy or running naked through the fortress. Now it's sometimes difficult to distinguish a normal dwarf from the stark raving mad one because there are too little clothing per dwarf in the fortress.
The Tantrum Spiral. I've heard about this scourge of the fortresses. Now I'm gotta deal with the one myself. It seems like I shouldn't have quit smoking... It's a pity that almost no one smokes in the fortress. Weed is the best way to deal with all your problems. Alas, it's not time to escape the problems.
Grn 28. Today I saw that we have no broker. The previous one was stricken by melancholy and died somewhere in the dark corner. I placed Cyatica instead of him. Maybe it will help her go through her tragedies.
Slt 6. Migrants have arrived. Wait, oh shi~ One, two, three... eleven. And ONLY THREE OF THEM are adults!!! What the fuck do they think there in Mountainhomes?! We are NOT a fucking kindergarten!
Ah, never mind. You're welcome. Survive, newbeards!
Slt 17. Crap! It just started to get better...

Get me a gas mask please...
Slt 25. I can't find Spazbot nowhere.

And those melancholics. They are like time bombs. When things only start to calm down, another beard dies from thirst, causing a burst of tantrums. They make me angry.
All masons' workshops are producing coffins, but the things move too slow because masons are tantruming all the time. Poor Cyatica. She's got too many dead friends.

Fel 5. I've found Spazbot.

He must have suffocated with the rat weed smoke. I told him that rat stuff is too strong for beginners, but he wanted to keep calm. Now he is calm. Farewell, my brother by weapon and weed.
Our population keeps decreasing. 166 beards, and still half of them are kids. TANTRUMING kids.
Fel 11. Goblins have arrived. It should distract baron Lizard who is unhappy about ignored mandates.

Poor goblins. They don't seem to understand something. Our beards done well, building a great moat and wall that protects Chamberdrums from the east. Since goblins can't fly, they can't reach us. But our bolts can reach them.
What a dumbass I am! I completely forgot about the trolls!
Fel 17. The siege was broken, but some beards have injuries, including Commander Nuckles. They'll make it, I believe. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the gate in time to drive the goblins away. And still I have no axe. Need to tell somebeard to make me one...

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Today I saw that we have no broker. The previous one was stricken by melancholy and died somewhere in the dark corner. I placed Cyatica instead of him. Maybe it will help her go through her tragedies.

Wait, is Grim still alive? I thought he was our broker. Actually, he is a legendary appraiser.

One more thing: please, dorf EvilX as "Grey Dwarf". Any male soldier will do, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:43:52 am by Monitor Lisard »

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

Year 138, Chamberdrums
Give me blood, or give me death.

Obok's Dream

I had a dream last night...

Walking through the fortress i happened upon a golden throne room, its pillars were shined and made of pure gold. But when i neared them they had holes, like that of cheese. Nuckles and RoughRogue were there as well, smoking this webbed moss of green crystal.

As i drew closer to the center of the room, i saw Monitor lizard sitting upon the throne of it, she was smiling and welcomed me towards her. To her side was Maskwolf, her crossbow was pressed against her heart and she grinned with vicious eyes.

To her other side was a man i knew as Grimmash, he beamed with pride, his clothes were humble and he looked somewhat out of place, but without a doubt his intensity rose above that of anyone else present in the room, you could feel his presence turning the wheel of this dream, like the central gear in a kaleidoscope of other cogs.

Hearing a noise behind me i saw Grim slamming the door shut, his full suit of adamantine armor was dripping with blood. Turning back to Monitor Lizard i advanced towards her, with the grace of royalty she lifted her arm and extended one finger, pointing towards the crown of my head.

I noticed i wore the headpiece of a king, my garb was of nobility as well. I continued closer, Daria was standing off to the side taking in small amounts of second hand smoke produced by RoughRogue, her body swayed back and forth like that of a feline's tail and her dagger blade caught the light and her eyes seemed to pierce me more then any blade.

Reaching the throne a marvelous lever was produced for me, and as i set it into place to turn everyone disappeared in a puff of smoke. The ceiling collapsed and golden items and cheese rained upon my body like arrows from an enemy siege.

I woke up in a cold sweat, to screams echoing through the halls. When i found RoughRogue he was covered in the blood of a childs, and he looked somewhat sober... In the name of Armok!? RoughRogue sober...

Maybe i will ask Monitor Lizard about the dream, for now, i want some ale.

OOC:

Finally read up to date, could not resist asking for the position of Obok.

Also can i get a screen shot of his characteristics, for making the back story.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:48:40 am by PlayingGood »
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44