Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [ORC] [BUG] Taiga Orc research lab has no available reactions  (Read 798 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ORC] [BUG] Taiga Orc research lab has no available reactions
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:28 am »

I'm using MWDF v.4b, playing Taiga Orcs. I've just build a researcher's study, but there's absolutely no reactions available to it. Digging through the raws reveals why.  In entity_orcfort_taigaorc.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As implied by the comments, these are creature research options, but they're defined in reaction_masterwork2.txt as occurring at either the DRUIDS_HUT, or the MEGABEAST_CELL, although at a glance I can't spot either of these as being available to orcs.

The orc manual suggests orcs should have access to the crucible. That either means we should adjust the research lab to allow its production (and figure out what science the science/tech-tree is for orcs), or alternatively make it so that crucible and other blueprints can be obtained from raids (which feels more orc-appropriate).

~T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ORC] [BUG] Taiga Orc research lab has no available reactions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:06:00 am »

It looks like the remove rust reactions (mentioned in the manual in the crucible) instead happen in the new blacksmoke furnace. So I think that we probably want to remove the research lab entirely for orcs. (And add blueprints via raiding if desired.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [ORC] [BUG] Taiga Orc research lab has no available reactions
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, I wasnt aware that Orcs use the dwarven research lab for anything. Seems smake gave them the same reactions for megabeasts and skill-gain, but of course that system has been replaced by a newer, better one. I'll update the orcs for it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::