Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bounty [TSG]  (Read 2011 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Bounty [TSG]
« on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:24 am »

Bounty

You are a bounty hunter in the Hydrax Segment of the galaxy. The galaxy has been colonized by humanity, but they are far flung and vastly spread out from one another. There is no one leader, and there is no one law. It is a time strife with anarchy and terror. Pirates, anarchists, terrorists, and aliens besiege the frontiers of man, ravaging innocent worlds and slaughtering innocent civilians. The two major factions of mankind: the free-thinking Union and the stalwart Gaunt. They have all fought each other for centuries, in more ways than one.

You are a new bounty hunter, and the galaxy is your for the taking. Burn it, pillage it, or reshape it in your image. You have the potential to rule or massacre armies. But not now. A sapling has no right to be called an oak just yet. You must grow in power. But first, who are you?

1. What faction of the Bounty Hunters are you from?

A. Mercenary. [Groups of rag-tag fighters. You start with a 5 man team and a raid-craft.]
B. Privateer. [Start with a 20 man crew and a battlecraft. However, you have no control over the missions (initially) and have the high chance of mutiny.]
C. Murder Cultist. [An assassin from the mysterious Murder Cults. Start with a Servitor and a personal craft. You work best in the shadows and excel in covert ops.]
D. Savage. [A warrior from a far-off world unaligned to the two factions. Start with no craft (you'll have to hitchhike the galaxy or hijack a ship) but your martial prowess is unmatched and your cold efficiency is peerless.] (Basically, your superhuman but are completely helpless.)

2. What race are you?

A. Purebreed Human. [No starting bonuses, but you are completely compatible with ALL bionic enhancements.]
B. Cyborganism. [Start with a random roll of tech, but you have a harder time getting new hardware.]
C. Half-Elf. [Easier to negotiate with Elves. Bonus to hiding and stealth missions. Half as strong as a normal human but twice as fast.]
D. Half-Orc. [Easier to negotiate with Orcs. Bonus to makeshift weapons and piloting. Half as fast but twice as strong.]

3. Favored weapon?

A. Power Cutlass. [A cutlass that emits a forcefield that gives extra punch, as well as deflecting bullets.]
B. Blaster. [Modified pistol. Shoots lasers that can punch through steel. Rechargeable.]
C. Sniper. [Modified sniper. Propelled bullets allow it to shoot up to 300m. Comes with ammo case of different ammunition.]
D. Flakker. [Modified RPG. Shoots energy blasts that can tear open starcraft hulls.]

4. Starting planet?

A. Hydrax IV. [Capital of the system. Highly populated with many jobs. High military and police presence.]
B. Secres. [Sea planet. Vast oceans cover 95% of the planet. Low police but high criminal presence.]
C. Tonia III. [Dead planet. Irradiated and wartorn, most of the planet is uninhabitable. Low police but few jobs.]
D. Krieg. [Warring planet. Currently in civil war. Police and military are busy, many jobs available, but VERY dangerous almost everywhere.]

5. Name? Age? Gender? Appearance?

Write any!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty [TSG]
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 01:07:50 am »

Ooh!
D
D
D
B
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 05:23:51 am »

Any name or appearance in mind?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:01:45 am »

Well, I was apprehensive at first but anything resembling a space RPG (or space cutlass, arrrr!) is called into play, all bets are off.
A.
C.
A.
B.
Name: Elza Judd
Appearance: elongated tipped ears, large eyes with red irises hidden behind sunglasses, almost eternally has a thick wooden stick shaped sort of like a large cigarette clamped between her teeth, good luck charm for her anyway, black hair  and the build of a trained gymnast.

Is that fine?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 07:12:47 am »

Dying of laughter?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:34:56 am »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 07:56:39 am »

C all the way.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 08:06:50 am »

Turn I: Sea Shanty

The hull of the slaver ship clanged as the waves hit over it. You fall out of your seat, but you're stopped from hitting the floor because of your shackles. The other slaves solemnly sit in their chairs; one is puking in the corner, another panicking and praying, and the rest are either breathing heavily or crying. One person catches your eye. He simply sits with ease while his seatmates sway left to right. He has a calm, cold face, and his body is perfectly still. He has a bionic eye, but it has been disabled, presumably by the slavers that kidnapped you.

Suddenly, a bang crashes along your side of the wall. A large wave, maybe? Another bang. Then another. And another. Suddenly a gush of water bursts above you. Thankfully, your heightened reflexes have already made your muscles tensed and you gasp for breath while the others waste their breath on screaming. The water broke the shackles that chained you. In a second you jump through the hole, and thanks to your orcish strength you manage to fight against the current.

You swim upwards and upwards, praying that your breath will last. You look back down at the sinking ship, and you see a few other slaves that have escaped, frantically trying to swim against the current. Most are swept away, some you see merely stopping from exhaustion or oxygen deprivation. One person is left, the cyborg from earlier. He is swimming nearly as strong as you are, if not faster. You look back up, only a few more meters to the ocean surface.

You break through the surface and you gasp for air, baring your fanged teeth. It's a literal shitstorm out there. Lightning, black clouds, and heavy wind everywhere. You are disoriented and dizzy and have no bearings whatsoever. You're screwed. Even with your orcish strength and savage endurance, you'll never make it to shore in this storm. You try moving nonetheless, but you're thrashed around by the waves. You begin to pass out, but you feel a strong arm wrap around your chest and you feel as though you're dragged around.

You wake up. Your head is in pain, your sight is blurred, and your mind is groggy. You get up from the bed-wait, bed? You get up in a split-second, but you trip over the blanket and fall face-forward to the ground. You get up, rubbing your nose. Where are you? The room is small, but luxurious and well furnished. There are two doors, one opened which reveals a toilet. The other is closed, but you assume it's the exit. There is a balcony with an ocean view. You'd call it beautiful, but the memory of the storm and drowning men make you turn in disgust.

You enter the bathroom. You start washing your face and cuts, and you feel refreshed from the warm water. As you grab a towel and wipe your face, you see someone behind you. In reflex you turn and grab him, but he's faster. He pushes you back and makes you turn to the mirror. As the steam clears from the glass, the man holding you is none other than the cyborg from earlier, his eye still unfunctioning, but it seems though his arms are still strong.

"What's your name, savage? What do you see in the mirror?"

[If you don't get the cue, now you can write your name and appearance.]
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 01:28:53 pm »

It's a literal shitstorm out there.
Ew.

"I am Gorgutz the Brown, and...I see myself."

A small-fanged, gray-brown-skinned (half-)ork with the typical six-fingered hands, osteodermal nodes, and such. I'm small for an ork, but I'm still far larger and more muscular than mere humans could ever hope to be. I have a tattoo of a semicircle on my forehead, denoting my half-breed status, and one of a worm-like creature around my left arm marking me as untrustworthy to orks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 09:41:18 pm »

Turn II: Sea Shanty

"I am Gorgutz the Brown, and...I see myself," you reply, half sarcastically.

You now clearly see your face in the mirror. Your mouth bears fangs, albeit smaller and doesn't protrude from your lips, like an orc's. You grayish-brown skin has multiple cuts, though small due to your orcish healing and the fact that you haven't been fighting for as long as other orcs. Your skin slightly scaly, though it isn't noticeable until you look closely. Your eyes are brown, but it turns yellow when you fight. Your hair is shaven, except for a mohawk running down the middle of your scalp and turning into a braided ponytail down the shoulder.

You slowly stand up straight, the cyborg loosening his grip on your back. You now see that you tower a full head over him, but he's just abnormally tall for a human. You have a very muscled physique, thanks to your heritage. You have a semicircle tattooed on your forehead, denoting your halfbreed status to both humans and orcs. Another tattoo of a worm circles around your wrists, marking you to untrustworthy to the orcs.

The cyborg looks at you, scanning you, analyzing you. He slowly lets go. You breathe out as the cyborg releases his grip, then you grab your arm and realize how strong his grip is. He hands you some clothes and he walks outside. You get yourself ready and head outside.

"Greetings, halfbreed," he says, in a monotone voice.

"My name is Gorgutz," you reply. "Why did you save me?"

"I thought even orcs had a sense of politeness, especially for being saved from drowning?"

You sigh. "Fine, thank you. Now, tell me who you are, why you saved me, and what you want."

"What, you can't expect a cyborg to just help a fellow for the sake o-"

"No, I can't. That would be illogical to you, wouldn't it?"

The cyborg smiles. "Clever orc. Alright, let's put it this way. My name is unimportant right now, but I will tell you why I saved you, and why I need you."

He walks over to the balcony and beckons you over. You step out into the balcony and see the ocean. There are a couple of trading vessels and a dock next to a beach. "Do you see, orc? The peace on this planet?"

"Yes, nothing like the storm back then."

"Yes, but this peace is coordinated and scripted. Everything is bound by the system, no one does anything that isn't planned by the Central."

"What's the Central?"

"It is what controls the cyborgs that run this city. It was what controlled me. That ship you and I were on, they were to carry people who thought to oppose the Central, and they kidnapped you by accident. I was a defective cyborg who broke free from the Central. And I want payback."

"So, you saw an orc savage, saved him in hopes that he will help you, and you want to overthrow a world-wide AI?"

"To put it bluntly, yes."

Help the cyborg?

Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 12:31:11 am »

Sounds mildly entertaining. Let's do it.