Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 81241 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to be going for buyoff asap, and avoiding direct combat where possible. Arcane Heirophant Bard, ho!

Edit: Also, I'm considering a Beastmaster dip at some point, is that acceptable or is it against the "no cohorts" rule?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:42:21 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »

Animal companions are fine. It's actual cohorts that have actual character levels who are an issue.

I missed this. What? How. Is there still room?
Maybe. Barely. I don't expect everyone who has a sheet to be active and play, so squeezing in one or two extra players should be OK.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:12:25 pm by Grek »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »

@tyrar: I am leaning toward "no" for Dragonfire Adepts for two reasons: A] the rules text of the Draconic Invocations is not available online, so far as I can tell. So you still need the physical book if you want to play one. B] I am worried that the class doesn't give enough class features/abilities to be effective. At 3rd level you have two invocations, +2 to AC and your breathe weapon. That doesn't seem like enough, even if they're all at will.

I'll still let you play it if you will PM me the text of the specific invocations you're picking, and you can reassure me that your character will be able to carry his weight.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2013, 10:12:58 pm »

Just realised I should get bonus languages from int (I think), but don't know how many. Why can I not find this stuff? My google-fu is weak.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2013, 10:19:12 pm »

Just realised I should get bonus languages from int (I think), but don't know how many. Why can I not find this stuff? My google-fu is weak.
For each point of Intelligence bonus you have, you get one free language.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:22 pm »

Grek, I can do you one better; here's a complete copy of Dragon Magic from sribd

Edit: Also, I don't really need a lot of feats and skills since UMD is a class skill, so I plan to carry a LOT of wands. If I can't blast it with my breath weapon, or use my charisma bonus to charm it, I'll probably have a wand for it(hence my question of buying half-spent wands at half-price, so I could start with a wand of CLW).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:32:45 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

Alright, that satisfies my concerns pretty well. Consider yourself approved!

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »

Alright, that satisfies my concerns pretty well. Consider yourself approved!
So... does that mean I can milk Draconic Auras?  They're listed on p86/87.  Adjusts one of my feats and my major aura.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:01 pm »

Argh, so many useful feats. Is Flaw buy available?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:37 pm »

So... does that mean I can milk Draconic Auras? They're listed on p86/87.  Adjusts one of my feats and my major aura.
Yes, draconic auras are allowed. What feat would you be taking?

Argh, so many useful feats. Is Flaw buy available?
Flaw buy is not available.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:11 pm »

well, I forgot about those auras! I'm gonna be trading in my inproved init for a Draconic Aura of Acid Resist(being automatically of the dragonblood subtype due to the free Dragontouched feat, draconic auras are more powerful for me)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2013, 11:10:39 pm »

So... does that mean I can milk Draconic Auras? They're listed on p86/87.  Adjusts one of my feats and my major aura.
Yes, draconic auras are allowed. What feat would you be taking?
Draconic Aura for Toughness (DR 1/magic, scales based on character level), and swapping my Marshal Major Aura for Motivate Care (bonus to AC).  Later on, would take Draconic Aura again and Double Draconic Aura for Resistance Fire (provides Fire Resist 5, scaling based on character level.)

Edit: Should specify; Kobolds are automatically dragonblooded.  Don't need dragontouched to get scaling Draconic Aura.  This point is actually in Races of the Dragon, though, so I might be out another feat.  Hum.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:18:49 pm by TealNinja »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2013, 11:16:18 pm »

Um, you might wanna check the description of the draconic aura feat on page 16. It only scales to level if you have the dragonblood subtype(which I have), so unless you burn ANOTHER feat on the dragontouched feat....

Edit: Woops, I forgot about that point on kobolds and their dragonblood connection(need to reread my copy of races of the dragon), but as you said, since that's in THAT book, you might need to find a copy to email to Grek.

Also, here are my standing orders:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:26:43 pm by tryrar »

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2013, 11:21:36 pm »

Edit: Should specify; Kobolds are automatically dragonblooded.  Don't need dragontouched to get scaling Draconic Aura.  This point is actually in Races of the Dragon, though, so I might be out another feat.  Hum.

Nope, found it.  http://www.scribd.com/doc/134598978/Races-of-the-Dragon  Page 39.  Type: Humanoid (dragonblood, reptilian)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:57 pm »

Dammit, this updated fast while I was asleep. Damn timezones...

Here's my sheet in progress: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688058

Is having personal ideals instead of a god allowed?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 58