Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 81238 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

I like using the Half Giant for a paladin, but I like the Half Giant for any melee-focused character.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2013, 04:08:25 pm »

I like using the Half Giant for a paladin, but I like the Half Giant for any melee-focused character.

Yeah, don't think I don't remember your half-giant paladin taking out 4 hellcats basically by himself without taking a scratch, Rem! ;D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:16 pm »

Yeah, don't think I don't remember your half-giant paladin taking out 4 hellcats basically by himself without taking a scratch, Rem! ;D
That was because I specialized in Rhino Lance Charge :P.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2013, 04:12:49 pm »

After Weirdsound, we are not accepting any more players

Zako and Weirdsound are in, pending accepted character sheets. Everyone who posted after that is out/waitlisted. A dozen players is already more than I'm sure I can handle.

@Weirdsound: Go ahead and make a character.
@Zako: Divine Metamagic is on the veto list, on the grounds that it makes a cleric who buffs himself strictly better than a fighter or barbarian. You may want to reconsider your feat selections.
@Giglamesh: Your hit points should be 26, since d8 hit dice give an average of 4.5 hit points, not 4.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2013, 04:14:09 pm »

Wow, you're taking all of us? I'm glad there's a split-up mechanic.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »

After Weirdsound, we are not accepting any more players
Which side of Weirdsound do I fall on?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »

You're on the waitlist, GWG.

Wow, you're taking all of us? I'm glad there's a split-up mechanic.
So am I.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2013, 04:17:17 pm »

You were lucky that the room they spawned in was big enough for a rhino lance charge, you mean :p

Though, my favorite trap from that campaign was that creation spell to poof in several hundred caltrops, followed by Magnetize Object to stick role's char to the door...followed by the caltrops!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:20:44 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »

You were lucky that the room they spawned in was big enough for a rhino lance charge, you mean :p

Though, my favorite trap from that campaign was that creation spell to poof in several hundred caltrops, followed by Magnetize Object to still role's char to the door...followed by the caltrops!
Yeah. I don't think we even got to that one. Was that what you were planning when we yet again decided to blindly rush through the tower?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:48 pm »

Though, my favorite trap from that campaign was that creation spell to poof in several hundred caltrops, followed by Magnetize Object to still role's char to the door...followed by the caltrops!
Yeah. I don't think we even got to that one. Was that what you were planning when we yet again decided to blindly rush through the tower?
That was the trap you encountered in the room before the hellcats, remember? :)

No, my plan for not checking for traps again was a fake secret door followed by a crushing ceiling >:D

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »

No, my plan for not checking for traps again was a fake secret door followed by a crushing ceiling >:D
Was the room with the crushing ceiling big enough for me to lance charge?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »

Was the room with the crushing ceiling big enough for me to lance charge?

LOL actually, yeah!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »

Lance charge the ceiling!

The ceiling has been struck down!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

Yeah, I considered reviving the Lance Charge build, but with an elephant mount (because it's the only animal large enough).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2013, 05:24:15 pm »

That sounds awesome, actually.

Especially if you can convince the GM to let the elephant trample as you charge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58