Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 81253 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »

@Gilg: Six is your max ranks for your Class skills, which are lasted on your class page-Cross Class skills (which are everything else) can only have half the usual ranks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2013, 06:05:38 pm »

Going to be improving party saves; which save should I target?  Will saves generally help against mages the most and is the hardest to acquire for non-mages.  When hitting 6th level I can choose another save to improve (they aren't both active at the same time), or I can choose another effect.

I'll be grabbing Hardy Soldiers for the other aura (DR 1/- for the party!).

Unfortunately, I don't know of a link for Dragon Magic's Draconic Aura feat (expanded, I mean), so I can't have 4 auras going at once.  The book is required, as the auras are on a page deep in the book.  If the auras were available, I'd use the Draconic aura for DR (up to DR 4/magic, so not as good), and then use the Marshal Major aura on something else.  Ah well.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2013, 06:06:41 pm »

Oldbarian... Can... Can I make that my dudes name? Secondly I have a quick question about "Slings". Could I use them to hurl Acid Flasks and/or Empty Bottles?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2013, 06:07:59 pm »

Basically, I have a loose idea to at some point have a fortified shooting position constructed on my back, so someone can shoot enemies while protected from ranged attacks by cover and from melee attacks by my reach.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2013, 06:08:36 pm »

@Dwarmin: Arrows are a martial weapon, so the DC to craft one is 15. You'll generally be using the "Progress By Day" rules, so the math comes out to 3 * Craft Check arrows for 9 hours work (1 hour finding wood, 8 hours whittling) and proportionally less for less work. Ammunition recovery rules are standard: 0% on hits, 50% for misses.

@mainiac: I will try to think of a solution that works for you, but you should probably continue building your character with the assumption that it won't be a cat.

@TealNinja: I would like to point out that avoiding malaria and snakes bites are both a Fortitude saves.

@Nerjin: While technically it isn't supported in the rules, I will allow you to use a sling to throw alchemical items with the understanding that doing so switches it from a ranged touch attack to a regular ranged attack.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »

Eh, I'll keep it to just hurling bottles for my long-range stuff for now. Maybe later I'll try to pick up more "rangey" weapons. I feel weird having so much cash laying about. Though not having played 3.5e I'm not sure I even have a lot honestly.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »

Right... I think it's done.
Not too sure about the skill point distribution I've done, but hey, there you go.
Drew a portrait for the picture as well in my own crappy style.

Ashii-Karn the ice-cold witch

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688163
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:23:05 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2013, 06:15:58 pm »

@TealNinja: I would like to point out that avoiding malaria and snakes bites are both a Fortitude saves.
True.  I was just thinking that Fortitude saves are easy to boost, while Will saves are more difficult.  I'll leave it open for a little while longer while I do the rest of the character.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »

@mainiac: I will try to think of a solution that works for you, but you should probably continue building your character with the assumption that it won't be a cat.

What if we just ignore the racial bonus in vegetation, on the basis that Maru wasn't raised in the wild?  My backstory for her is that she grew up in a library, so that +4 wouldn't make sense for her.  And keep in mind that as a wizard hide is a class cross skill and she doesn't have maxed out dexterity.  By comparison a halfling ranger with 18 dexterity and the stealthy feat could have a +16 (4 size, 2 feat, 4 ability, 6 skill) modifier to hide and move silently as well by level 3.  Maru on the other hand has +15 modifier to hide (8 size, 2 feat, 2 ability, 3 skill) and at higher levels she'd actually lose ground on the halfling.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2013, 06:19:57 pm »

Curse my internet deciding to crap out when I least wanted it to...
Working on char.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2013, 06:22:33 pm »

I'm adding a Dagger to my guy due to some... rather persuasive advice that I've been thinking on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »

Basically, I have a loose idea to at some point have a fortified shooting position constructed on my back, so someone can shoot enemies while protected from ranged attacks by cover and from melee attacks by my reach.
Howdah work?

What if we just ignore the racial bonus in vegetation, on the basis that Maru wasn't raised in the wild?  My backstory for her is that she grew up in a library, so that +4 wouldn't make sense for her.
On the other hand, she would get a +4 racial bonus to hiding in libraries and bookstores.

I'm adding a Dagger to my guy due to some... rather persuasive advice that I've been thinking on.
Such as "They're versatile, light, and cheap"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2013, 06:28:14 pm »

What if we just ignore the racial bonus in vegetation, on the basis that Maru wasn't raised in the wild?  My backstory for her is that she grew up in a library, so that +4 wouldn't make sense for her.
On the other hand, she would get a +4 racial bonus to hiding in libraries and bookstores.

Well obviously.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2013, 06:29:49 pm »

Such as "They're versatile, light, and cheap"?

More along the lines of: "If you get swallowed you're not gonna be able to use your Greatsword."

I will admit I was tempted by the spiked gauntlet but... I dunno. Maybe I'll look into it after I get more used to my character.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2013, 06:30:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58