Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 80266 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2013, 07:13:50 pm »

Trying to make my character atm, is the Half-Fey template acceptable? That, the Amphibious template, and if possible an LA0 version of Shadow.
Deep ocean fey, yeaaah.

Half-Fey Template is acceptable with the following modifications:
-If you gain a fly speed, the LA is increased to 3. Flying is really great in an exploration campaign.
-Charm Person is 3/day, not at will.

Amphibious is allowed.

Shadow: If you want to play a "shadow fey" or something along those lines, trade out SLAs as follows:
1-2 HD: Faerie Fire for Cause Fear & Charm Person for Obscuring Mist.
3-4 HD: Detect Law for Endure Elements
5-6 HD: Protection From Law for Disguise Self
7+ HD: No change from here on out.

@Mainiac: You get the full 1d10 HD. Furthermore, since it's your first HD, it's maximized.
@Dragons: There is at least one dragon in the jungle. I'm not telling you where.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2013, 07:20:11 pm »

Here is my character I'll finish off the rest of the personality and stuff tomorrow

If you want a low-quality avatar I did my interpretation of your character. You didn't say hair colour so I had to guess. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:25:09 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »

.....bard? I'm playing a dragonfire adept.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »

Half-Fey Template is acceptable with the following modifications:
-If you gain a fly speed, the LA is increased to 3. Flying is really great in an exploration campaign.
-Charm Person is 3/day, not at will.
I don't really care about the Charm Person change since it's likely going to be almost never used anyway, but can I use a +3LA if we're starting at level 3?

Shadow: If you want to play a "shadow fey" or something along those lines, trade out SLAs as follows:
1-2 HD: Faerie Fire for Cause Fear & Charm Person for Obscuring Mist.
3-4 HD: Detect Law for Endure Elements
5-6 HD: Protection From Law for Disguise Self
7+ HD: No change from here on out.
I was actually going for more of an ocean fey/shadow human (or something close to human, anyway) crossbreed. I figure of all the places that might have stable portals to the Plane of Shadow, the deep, dark oceans would be high up on the list. I guess I can just take Shadow Heritage or something, but that's a) a rather bad feat and b) I have more important thematical feats in mind... I wonder if there's a bloodline for shadow online...
Edit: There is not =S
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:35:04 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2013, 07:31:34 pm »

So here's Kobold Bard/Marshal: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688305

Combat involves screaming at the top of his lungs in what he thinks is song.  It somehow enrages allies so much their weapons hit with fire.  Also, his allies strive to shrug off physical wounds.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2013, 07:36:38 pm »

So here's Kobold Bard/Marshal: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=688305

Combat involves screaming at the top of his lungs in what he thinks is song.  It somehow enrages allies so much their weapons hit with fire.  Also, his allies strive to shrug off physical wounds.
"I can't die here, I still haven't cut out that blasted Kobold's tongue! His yipping can't be the last thing I ever hear! Must live!"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »

"I can't die here, I still haven't cut out that blasted Kobold's tongue! His yipping can't be the last thing I ever hear! Must live!"
"Orgarr no like singing! ORGARR ANGRY!"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »

anyways, noticed I forgot my 3rd level feat, so added ability focus to my breath weapon to bring its DC up to 16 (not bad for a 3rd level char :p ). I'm pretty sure I'm done now, unless I can think of something else to buy with my remaining 350g....
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 07:42:47 pm »

Oops, do you need travel rations?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:52 pm »

Could we have Maru ride on Kalnaf's shoulders as he rides on Steffan's shoulders as he rides on Orgarr's back?  That way we really stack the bardic buffs and Maru can reach items on the top shelf.

Plus we can go for the quadruple threat leap attack.  Orgarr jumps, then Steffan jumps then Kalnaf jumps then Maru jumps, letting Maru make touch attacks at targets like 60 feat away.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »

Could we have Maru ride on Kalnaf's shoulders as he rides on Steffan's shoulders as he rides on Orgarr's back?  That way we really stack the bardic buffs and Maru can reach items on the top shelf.

Plus we can go for the quadruple threat leap attack.  Orgarr jumps, then Steffan jumps then Kalnaf jumps then Maru jumps, letting Maru make touch attacks at targets like 60 feat away.
And the rest of us falling in every pit ever.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »

Orgarr approve of plan. My people build tower like this. We call totem pole.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »

And the rest of us falling in every pit ever.

And Maru getting all the loot.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:19 pm »

.....are we suddenly playing Disgaea PBP or something? :P

Edit: Also, thanks for reminding me about travel rations, and I also thought to grab mapmaking tools as well as pull a couple of points into craft (mapmaking) so I can get the mapping bonuses. though, I'm still left with 300g; this comes from not having to ever worry at all about weapons or armor) due to having an at-will fire breath, and being non-proficient in armor anyways.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:20:05 pm by tryrar »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:37 pm »

Any sort of human pyramids (or giant-human-cat-smaller cat pyramids) will involve balance checks. Lots of balance checks. And possibly piranhas if you do them in the wrong spot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58