Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96

Author Topic: Goblins: So How Hard Are You? (Makes sense in context)  (Read 139255 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins: A Webcomic Through Their Eyes
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 01:46:02 am »

I'm pretty sure the Kin's modified the system so that they would remember after the reset.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 01:47:08 am »

I'm pretty sure the Kin's modified the system so that they would remember after the reset.
No, the oblivion holes erase everything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 01:52:40 am »

No, the oblivion holes erase everything.
I meant that they would remember minmax grabbing the leash.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 01:53:51 am »

Uh.
I'm tired, so I'll not speculate further. Rargh Kin sympathetic character supposedly.
Sig! Onol

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 09:40:58 am »

Favorite character in this series is definitely Dies Horribly. I wonder if he's going to end up taking adventuring levels?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 12:18:13 pm »

Favorite character in this series is definitely Dies Horribly. I wonder if he's going to end up taking adventuring levels?
I have to agree there. I'm pretty sure he is one of the few characters who've undergone serious development. It may be the Luara Croft school of character development, but it is there.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »

I have to agree there. I'm pretty sure he is one of the few characters who've undergone serious development. It may be the Luara Croft school of character development, but it is there.

Well, he went from the carrier of a punchline to a character in his own right.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »

Just binged through it last night, and finished this morning. That is some dark stuff! I disagree with people who say the thing is nothing but dark now though, Forgath still has some pretty good back and forth with Minmax and Kin, and I thoroughly enjoyed Dies Horribly's arc. Though I was somewhat confused at the end. Are the Vipers gone just like that? That seems a bit cheap. I'm also still surprised how bad I felt when Chief went to -10. I do totally agree about the fight scenes though, I had to look twice to see just what was happening in a lot of those panels, but it has gotten better.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »

Welp, day and a half of reading finished. Also, I can't find fault in a comic that mixes D&D jokes with more gruesomeness than a Dwarf Fortress player can come up with.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »

Welp, day and a half of reading finished. Also, I can't find fault in a comic that mixes D&D jokes with more gruesomeness than a Dwarf Fortress player can come up with.
You really want us to come up with worse?
Sig! Onol

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

Yes. I'm in the midst of designing a D&D campaign. I need unspeakable horrors more than ever.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

Yes. I'm in the midst of designing a D&D campaign. I need unspeakable horrors more than ever.

Anything specific?
Sig! Onol

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 09:10:37 pm »

Anything specific?
Says the unspeakable horror.

Like, seriously though. Just have Xantalos as the boss or something.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 09:14:22 pm »

Anything specific?
I'd recommend Call of Cthulhu, but I see our resident horror is already on the case.

That said, I find that anything that could incrementally kill a character easily absolutely terrifies any player. Like chaos beasts. They are a good place to start, and I suspect you did start there.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »

Yep, those are fun. I should really have another browse of the Manuals to get some new material, for that matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 96