Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95

Author Topic: Goblins: So How Hard Are You? (Makes sense in context)  (Read 136672 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins: In Which God Is A HEMA Nerd
« Reply #1350 on: January 18, 2021, 12:53:16 am »

For most of my comics I just bookmark them and check the site every day. I could probably find a better method than this, but I kind of like it...
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 18, 2021, 04:59:43 am »

I use a browser based RSS reader called The Old Reader. It was my pick of the choices after Google shut down its free RSS reader. I follow about ten webcomics and a handful of blogs using it, and find their Trending option a great way to find new interesting content too. Really simple to set up, as well.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 01, 2021, 02:28:20 am »

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-2-2021

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 01, 2021, 07:58:27 pm »

...huh! That’s actually kinda neat.

Now the question of what they were doing in this dungeon in the first place...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 02, 2021, 12:06:02 pm »

I do!

Also is Big Ears gonna replace his ears with an angel horn? Find out next time....

We found out next time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 04, 2021, 12:01:31 pm »

...At this point, which characters haven't had to replace missing limbs/etc with magical prostheses?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 04, 2021, 12:21:32 pm »

Most of them, but it is definitely a recurring theme.  Minmax, Forgath, Kin, Names, Big Ears, and Dies Horribly have all had it happen so far, so that's a pretty big chunk of the lineup.  Personally I'm just going to chalk it up to Danielle's body horror thing.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 02, 2021, 12:46:28 am »

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2021

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the website was seemingly redesigned a while back.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 02, 2021, 10:59:39 am »

It's a much more upbeat design and background.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 02, 2021, 11:36:22 am »

The comic panels themselves are still doing the Hell-thing, since that's still a problem in-universe.  But yeah I hope the background's a sign Danielle's feeling better these days :)

This page made me actually laugh XD  I don't get the impression she's smiting-mad, just frustrated with how her day is going.  Who could stay mad at Big-Ears??  I wonder if what happened was some unconscious result of him being a paladin.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 02, 2021, 11:40:10 am »

Yeah, I'm honestly hoping now that she's not dealing with so much that the comic can be less...painfully cruel to the characters. It got a bit extreme there for a while.

Not saying it shouldn't stay dark, mind you, or that it needs a super happy ending for everyone. Just not quite so horrible all the time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 12, 2021, 07:38:21 pm »

It just occurred to me, if Ears' ears (and parts of the rest of his body) are made from angel-stuff now, and angels are basically indestructible, then will he now be able to parry blades with his ears? Or at least, all of those scars should give him DR against slashing damage or something.

I guess it's not clear if angel horns are quite as resilient as the rest of them, considering that Complains managed to cut through it. But the fact that they take hilariously long to grow sort of implies that they're super-durable to make up for it to me. Otherwise, any angel who gets into fights with any regularity would not have horns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 18, 2021, 06:57:43 am »

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-4-2021

In which this comic is surprisingly wholesome

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 18, 2021, 09:49:06 am »

This might be the most wholesome comic in the entire strip.
Come play Mafia with us!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 18, 2021, 11:17:44 am »

Goddamn, I’m not used to that level of actual niceness out of this comic.

Also, Ears is gay? Huh. Well, suppose this is as good a way as any to find that out. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95