Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starbound Giveaway  (Read 4778 times)

crazydude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound Giveaway
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 05:02:29 am »

I want to.......pretend to be a fish.

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 08:53:13 am »

The most insane thing you can do: right after crafting the stone pickaxe dig straight down. No going back after that. XD

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 09:46:48 am »

I would see if there is a way to transport water using my ship and go about flooding an entire planet, maybe even go about digging out the entire planet to create even more of a waterworld.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

IceMage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »

I would want to travel the universe and make the ultimate planet. Gathering types of soil here, a variety of plant there, furniture and building materials from various races, and though I don't think its possible yet(trying to avoid spoilers when possible) gather my favorite creatures from each planet to inhabit my own, sort of like spore. It would be a utopia of a planet, at least, thats how I imagine it.

Thanks for having the giveaway.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

I would want to make a sort of habitation/breeding station using my ship as the centerpiece in the likes of Metroid Fusion's B.S.L. Research Station orbiting SR388 (aka- the ex-metroid capital riddled with Parasite-X). Of course, my version would be a mobile biological research station that keeps growing the more worlds I visit, each with it's own porta-biome attached to it. If possible, allowing for cross-breeding if ever integrated into the game.

For reference:
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Biologic_Space_Laboratories_research_station

Other things I would try out would be to have a collection of killer rabbits defending my home, and see if I can reproduce them at the rate of Tribbles. Send a few after nigh-unkillable colossal creatures, and if gravity guns exist, see if I can reenact the 'Bronze Colossus Killed by Fluffy Wambler' Incident.

NOTE:
I attempted something similar in Terraria, but Starbound would make more sense, and be a bit simpler a process, and would actually be more worth the effort.

ADDENDUM:
I will collect fleshy terrain from all kinds of worlds, and live inside a eldritch abomination of my own design. Complete with all kinds of plumbing. Alternatively, I'll do the same but what we've been doing IRL all these years, and do the same with floral terrain instead of fauna terrain. Not as exciting or as metal as building with bone and flesh, and blood plumbing and such, but hey, technically, it's still the same exact thing; just with a different set of base species of terrain.

Let that set in for a moment.

Oh yeah, and that can also contribute as biome-pod for my ship in the prior as well.

EDIT:
My SteamID is in the little globe below my avatar, in case I win.

EDIT:
One last thing...
I call the process of converting my ship to flesh:
going from Metal to \m/_Metal_\m/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:29:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 01:36:15 pm »

I guess it's not insane by Bay 12 standards, but I'll build an elaborate giant city that will cover the entire surface of the planet (like Coruscant from Star Wars), complete with NPCs, etc.
The buildings will be high enough to reach space and deep enough to reach the planet's mantle.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:40:03 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 01:55:47 pm »

I will explore the randomly generated universe and I will collect stuff.
Then when I get bored of that, I will automate my stuff collection and create huge structures based on what race i choose along with make a large statue of myself drinking magma.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Thatgreatgirl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »

The most insane thing I would do is...I would love to create an entire sector (or sectors) of planet sized labyrinths complete with secret passages using the wire system. They would be filled with death traps and glorious rewards for the risk takers. Maybe a room that begins slowly filling up with water until the unlucky soul that stumbled upon the room has no room left to breathe. Puzzles that would require the help of friends or maybe puzzles that would require a player to sacrifice a friend (lol). After that I would love to have the map posted up where everyone could download it and enjoy playing through it with friends! Maybe even watch other people's let's plays about it on youtube. :) That would be awesome!

Also thank you for giving us this opportunity to win a copy of Starbound!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 03:09:13 pm »

I'd build a fully armed and operational Death Star.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 03:14:02 pm »

Woot, Starbound giveaway!

The first thing I would do is change my ship into a truly dwarven construction, you know have it menacing with stone skulls, lava, corpses of dead elves (I can imagine alright :c), and what not. Then the second would probably be me trapping every house I make to protect them from looters, obviously dwarves only care about their loot :v

With super obvious pathway to reactors?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

With super obvious pathway to reactors?
Well, naturally.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

Go magma-diving. In a solid iron shell or something. I'll work something out.

Also build a spaceship with a ridiculously large engine:passenger space ratio. Dat acceleration.

Freak

• Bay Watcher
  • World's Deadliest Idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 04:56:35 pm »

Ok bored now, guess it's time to pick the winners.

And they are... Vector and Itnetlolor!

I'll be sending them off as soon as you PM your email address to me.

SilverSynch

• Bay Watcher
  • The Inconcivable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »

Did I really miss it?

:(

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 11:54:43 pm »

Burn everything. With magma. 'nuff said, yes?
Pages: 1 [2]