Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 20384 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »

Giving running something another shot, in the vein of 'semi-minimalist' as Derm described it in Roller's Block. Notes are short and simple:

1. Don't do anything that would normally get you or me in trouble with Bay12's TOS. I don't need the hassle and neither do you.
2. There's no particular backstory or character creation. Either give me a name if you want to called something else or just tell me you want to go by your username. Just assume everyone is normal people and can't do things that they can't in the real world unless they acquire items or abilities to the contrary. If you really care, you can assume you look/are dressed however you want... but no starting items. You got your clothes, your physical being, your hammerspace, and that's it.
3. This is a roll a d6 and, as GrimithR says, 'get fucked' system. You roll a 1, and along with damage or a different penalty you can never try that action again. Say you want to learn magic, and you roll a 1, you permanently stop yourself from learning magic and probably suffer some severe manaburn. Or I'll just kill you if you were doing something that might end in death on a 1, like trying to jump from one building to another, unless I think it would be funnier to just cripple you somehow. Roll a 2 and get damaged or penalized - poke someone while trying to intimidate them, roll a 2, and lose that finger. Roll 3/4, and you simply fail your action. although I might inflict a penalty on a 3 if I feel like it for whatever reason. Roll a 5, and you succeed. Simple as that. Roll a 6, and yeah, you do your action, but at what consequence?
4. Don't worry about health. You'll die when you suffer massive damage or if I think you've suffered enough damage overall to warrant it.
5. Five players at a time, and when they die whoever's at the top of the waitlist gets in. Waitlist closes at turn 40, by the way. I don't care if you work together or try to kill each other, so go nuts with PvP if that's what you wanna do. Just keep in mind you only have a 33% chance of actually hurting the other person, and only 50% chance of that 33% to do it safely. And no, dead players can't be ghosts and do things, I don't care how powerful they were when they were alive. I don't feel like rolling and describing more than five actions per turn.
6. Speaking of actions, I'll consider looking around, sometimes taking things, and talking to other players free actions that don't need to be rolled for. Talking to NPCs may not be a free action if I think it should be. Taking things is an action if there are witnesses. Most everything is an action. You'll figure it out.
7. This game is going for either 50 turns or I clear out the waitlist. I want to actually finish a forum game once in my life. :P

So, first five people, it is nighttime and:

Mastah Cheese (hereafter Cheese) finds him/herself lying facedown on a cold concrete floor with about 2cm of water covering it.
Nunzillor is on a fire escape near the top of a tall building.
Xantalos is smoking in an alleyway.
Yoink is at a food court in a mall.
Execute/Dumbo.exe (hereafter E/D) is hiding in some bushes.

WAITLIST

Tiruin
Greenstarfanatic
Urist Mc Dwarf
luvmonke
Nunzillor
mastahcheese
Execute/Dumbo.exe
BFEL
Xantalos
Gamerlord
WhitiusOpius

RANDOMLY DECIDED ACHIEVEMENTS AND 'NOTEWORTHY' EVENTS
Spoiler: Numerical Acheivements (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:19:02 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:30:44 am »

(Person 1) finds him/herself lying facedown on a cold concrete floor with about 2cm of water covering it.

Oh snap! I better drink some of this water so I don't dehydrate!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:01 am »

(Person 3) is smoking in an alleyway.
Find better smokes. These ones suck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:45 am »

Hmm examine skyline.

(Person 2)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 01:09:46 am »

(Person 4) is at a food court in a mall.

>Order some sushi rolls.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 02:49:20 am »

Person 5!
look around, look around for anything at all
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:52:17 am »

Waitlist please
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

Waitlist.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:23:50 am »

Waitlist.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:19 am »

Waitlist
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 09:27:54 am »

Waitlist.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 09:33:09 am »

TURN 1

Cheese attempts to drink the water on the concrete floor. (3) Unfortunately he does so while trying to inhale at the same time and chokes. At least he didn't drown.

Nunzillor examines the skyline. (2) He leans WAAYYY too far over the railing to make out an interesting piece of architecture and tumbles from the fire escape, screaming and freefalling about nine stories before he manages to catch a lower fire escape railing. The good news? He's not falling to his death anymore. The bad news? He's dislocated his left arm from the shock of stopping the fall.

Xantalos is in the market for better cigarettes. (4) Unfortunately he doesn't know where the nearest cigarette store is, there's no one around to ask, and he doesn't have any money anyway. While he's thinking about cigarettes, he hears a scream of terror high above him.

Yoink goes to order sushi rolls. (5) He doesn't have any money, but manages to sweettalk the girl running the stall into giving him some food anyway. Box of rolls in hand, Yoink wanders away from the stall.

E/D looks around. (2) Looks like the cops are still after him, although they haven't seen him. They're too busy with the horde of zombies that blindsided them out of a nearby apartment building. Speaking of, E/D thinks he heard a scream of terror from that direction.

STATUS

Cheese is spluttering on a cold, wet concrete floor
Nunzillor is doing a cliffhanger from a rusty fire escape - has a dislocated left arm
Xantalos is fed up with these cheap smokes
Yoink is chilling in the food court - has sushi rolls
E/D is hiding from the cops and the zombies
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T1: Things are going great for everyone![/sarcasm]
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 09:58:14 am »

MEH. Fukken people don't know where carcinogens are.

Dance my way towards the nearest supermarket.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 11:09:52 am »

Ugh timezones.

Waitlist.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:21 am »

Huh. Waitlist, I guess.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27