Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 20417 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T22: SC has a jerb nao
« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »

This guy. He understands the 6. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2013, 11:54:10 pm »

"Enough is enough I suppose."
Devour the deamon in a titanic pillar of flame.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2013, 08:26:58 am »

Apologize to the executives. Ask the best way out of the building, and inform them that there's problems on the streets.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »

>Ransack the kitchen cupboards for a jar of delicious Vegemite to eat with a slice of bread.

If none is to be found, shake my head sadly, grab the carton of milk and drink it whilst sitting in front of the television. If I have one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »

I really want to try Vegemite one of these days.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »

Yeah, you should! Tastes great on bread or by the spoonful. :) Can't go wrong with Vegemite.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 12, 2013, 02:11:14 am »

I HATE Vegemite on its own. Hate the taste, hate the smell. But it makes a really good ingredient in spaghetti bolognese sauce.

Nunzillor

« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2013, 12:12:59 pm »

Please don't die.  Thanks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T23: Is an uber-late turn better than none at all?
« Reply #368 on: December 30, 2013, 12:07:45 am »

So, I think I've finally adjusted to my new job and such. Sorry for sleeping on this for so long; I didn't mean to let it get this far out of hand but my free time got shrunk by a lot. If you guys are still interested, that is...

TURN 23

Yoink searches for Vegemite to make a sammich with, like anyone who comes from a land down under would do. (6) ...Could it be? Yes, yes it is! Yoink has found THE jar of Vegemite! The subject of many a fable in his native home, this jar of Vegemite is reputed to have many mysterious powers. No one knows for sure whether it bestows a blessing or a curse on he foolish - or perhaps daring - enough to eat of its delicious contents. That is the question. Is Yoink a bad enough dude to eat the Vegemite? and possibly risk the fact he's still alive

Persus (4) groans out an apology to the executives as he feebly crawls out of the wreckage his poor battered body made of their needlessly expensive, wasteful-even-before-the-fall, oversized conference table. He tries to ask about the best way out of the building, but is cut off by someone yelling for security over a wall-mounted intercom. Welp. Might be time to be groovin' on before those guys show up.

GL (1) attempts to kick Zombie Bruce Lee's ass, but ends up kicking his own ass so hard said body part falls off and is then immediately... uh... devoured by zombies. Jeez. Space Station 13 much? Oh. And Zombie Bruce Lee follows up by hitting Gamerlord with a one-inch punch that detonates his heart. Better luck next life? GAMERLORD HAS DIED.

Derm calls upon the power of Hercules, or something similar. (5) And successful he is! The demon's fist comes crashing down... and is intercepted by his raised hand. Derm is pushed back across the ground, but keeps his footing despite all the glass in the windows of a radius of three miles shattering and the streets across half the city cracking apart from the impact. He still can't quite match the titan blow for blow, but he stands a much better chance now than he did a moment ago, that's for sure.

Lenglon has decided what she needs to do is burn the demon alive. (1) So she pours all of her fire abilities into one massive burst that, sadly, only strengthens the thing as it kind of feeds on heat. So now she's exhausted, temporarily can't use her powers, AND put Derm and the titan back on uneven footing. And if it notices her now, she's definitely toast.

Devastator is chilling at a late-night beach cook out! It sounds like there's a lot of trouble in the city, but screw that noise. You're surrounded by bikini babes and moonlit waves! Nothing could possibly screw this night up!

STATUS

Yoink is seeing his future in a jar of Vegemite - multiple broken bones, compound fracture breaking skin in right forearm - bleeding again, wrapped in toilet paper, well dressed, has some weird damn portmanteau of the Resident Evil 1 and Eternal Darkness status screens, has a slingshot he can't use due to broken arm
Persus is on the run - Left arm from elbow down is mechanical and has ridiculous grip strength, bruised spine, bruised legs
Derm is Derm Ball Z'ing it up- Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price, has strength equivalent to the combined total of 1000 men, arms slightly hurt
Lenglon has collapsed - Can create and control fire (Cooldown until T25), bruises along shoulders, bruises along side, raw bloody skin on left cheek where she slid across the ruined concrete
Devastator is living it up at the beach
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:11:56 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 30, 2013, 12:19:07 am »

Leave. Preferably not through a window.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:13 am »

The strength of a thousand men is approximately equal to eight hundred thousand newtons of pure force.

Question! Can I chain songs?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:10 am »

Let me do mah thing mate.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2013, 12:53:12 am »

How so, Derm? Do you mean try multiple on one turn, or use a song with a title that will, basically, have a similar effect albeit worded differently? Because I'd say yes to both, but the first would have a roll involved with each song tried and I'd have to ask you to not get too crazy with the amount you use in a turn. Like three max, maybe.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:14 am »

I was mostly thinking three at the same time, yes.

United we Stand

Men of Thunder

March of Destruction

In that order, if you would :3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:56:55 am by Dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27